Sign in to follow this  
sea trooper

Cheating

Do you use cheat codes in video games?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use cheat codes in video games?

• I don't play without them
    • I only use them as a last resort
    • I use them when I'm bored
    • I use them for small things
    • I use them after I finish the game a first time
    • I don't use them
    • Other

If you use a gameshark, or in-play cheats, confess! Sometimes video games get hard, or boring, or old, so you have to spice them up a little with some infinite health and infinite ammo cheats, maybe a few new guns here and there that can blow the head off an enemy in a single shot.

I love using my gameshark for a bunch of cool stuff. But I always try to finish a game the natural way before I cheat and have a bunch of fun! My main objective with cheat codes: If I have the opportunity, kill everything. Everything else is pushed aside when there is an enemy in a nearby room that I don't need to go to. The more powerful the weapon, the more fun!

I only use the codes as a last resort

And when I think about it, I have only ever used the codes for one game and that was Pokemon. Kinda tough Catching them all, when you are the only one in the family playing at the time. Or the only one with a Game Boy. Or if others are playing you all have the same version, so there are characters that NONE of you can get.

:) THat marketing ploy is the main pet peeve I have with Pokemon series. You gotta spend it all, to catch 'em all. BLEAH! Money does not grow on trees, especially when playing for a mere game!

Ok, ok and other codes I used was only for a laugh. On Karaoke Revolutions series, you can unlock codes that make odd things happen to your character. You can make them have really bugged out eyes, and be singing with a banana instead of a microphone. And stuff like that.

Edited by Yillara_Skye

i use them when i'm bored or get tired of losing. i also use them when i get tired of my little brother kicking my butt.

tm

Bored

I hope some of you have been getting the sense of Humor in my Sig too

359677[/snapback]

Yes, the Konami code of death! Anyway, I use codes when I'm bored, or need a little help. Mostly, I cheat only in GTA3 for weapons and health, then go on just a killing spree. I also cheat in Starcraft on a melee map, an 8 person melee, me vs 7 CPU opponents. Even with cheating, it still takes me a good deal of time to beat it, usually about an hour to two. My favourite tactic is to use planes first to throw the enemy into disarray, then march in with ground troops. Finally, I'll sweep around on the weak flank with artillery and heavy troops to scissor them in. Works every time :)

I only use the codes as a last resort, then I've tried to get past a certain spot, and lost several times.

In other words, then it gets rather difficult, and I'm tired of trying to get past there for at least 20 times!

:)

I use them when I am bored. On the Madden Games, I use the Madden Card Cheats only during Exhibition Games, because in the games that count, it's much more fun to score 200 points fairly and 250 points through the use of a cheat card. I occasionally on MOH:RS will use Cheats if I can't beat a certain level. But I've beat the game now, so I turn on God Mode and All Weapons and just have some good, unadulterated, killing fun.

By the way, in Medal of Honor, Rising Sun: the Bazooka is the most effective weapon for long range, and the Shotgun at close range. With these you can take out a number of enemies. And don't forget your Angry Pineapples (Grenades).

I sometimes use them after i have finished the game but only if there is hidden content you can only get by cheating.

do you consider Warpzones in Super Mario as Cheating?

359783[/snapback]

I don't. Because they are naturally occuring in the game. And if you do not have enough lives left or other stuff then you are kinda screwed. So it all becomes a game of chance in using Warp Zones.