Sign in to follow this  
Lubak10

Garak

Are there any more trekkers (or trekkies) who like Garak too? None of my trek friends seem to care one way or the other about him and begining to wonder if I'm the only one. :lol:

I thought Garak was a great character. I loved the way his character evolved throughout the series and his interactions with Bashir.

Garak was so cool imo I just can't say! BUT. The writer's seem to lose track of him over time and his character did not get the climatic finish I was hoping for but still, he's great!

I really liked Plain Simple Garak. I thought his first episode, Past Prologue, was great. I loved the way he introduced himself to Bashir in that one.

Are there any more trekkers (or trekkies) who like Garak too?  None of my trek friends seem to care one way or the other about him and begining to wonder if I'm the only one. :lol:

I am a huge Garak fan. He and Martok and there evolution was a big part of what kept me into DS9. I was extremely delighted when Andy Robinson wrote Stitch In Time.

Are there any more trekkers (or trekkies) who like Garak too?  None of my trek friends seem to care one way or the other about him and begining to wonder if I'm the only one. :lol:

I love Garak. He is one of my favourite characters. I watched the ep where he " makes contact" with Bashir for the first time the other day. When Bashir suggests there is talk on the station that he is the eyes and ears of Cardassia, the way he replys " you don't say" cracks me up . i love his humour and his sense of irony. He's brilliant !! :D

I love Garak too, his understated prescence and his touches of humour were fantastic! And i learnt my most important lesson from him "Never tell the same lie twice..." lol well ok so i am not a lyer, but i still think that's a great line! :lol:

I always liked Garak. One of my favorite characters was always Bashir and I loved how well the two characters would play off each other.

I thought Garak was very interesting and his evolution throughout the series was well enough planned. The idea of a Cardassian being left on the station however, always made me wonder. How come he wasnt killed sooner, because in reality, that would have happened.

Guest -*CADET_gul_nodrog*-

GARAK IS MY FAVORITE SECONDARY CAST MEMBER ON THIS SHOW. I look forward to seeing all of his episodes again as we go through our DVDs.

Garak was definitely a great character...

To have a character on the show that you weren't sure would be good or evil from one week to the next was great. Andrew Robinson portrayed Garak brilliantly...it's always a pleasure when Garak shows up.

Stingray

:wow: Yes. Enjoyed the character very much. Enjoyed watching the relationship develop between Garrick, Odo and Bashir. Loved DS9 because it added a whole new slant to the Star Trek Universe.

I think Garak was fantastic. I always get excited when he's in an episode because he is just acted so well. His character is very deep and is incredibly funny with his sarcasm and facial expressions.

I too thought very highly of the Garak character. He had just the right amount of underhandedness to make his tinker, tailor, soldier, spy scheme work. Kudos to Andrew Robinson for making him so believable. I hope you had the opportunity to read his book as well, "A Stitch In Time". A very good look at life on Cardassia before and after the Dominion occupation. A book that was actually started by Andrew, as an on set diary.

:wow: i liked garak, thought he was the most interesting and enigmatic character on ds9, you never knew what what he was going to get up to next.

there hasn't been a long term star trek character anything like him before or since.

his interaction with bashir was most engaging week to week and helped alot in his character development.

I loved Garak....and...I'm not sure what else to say that hasn't already been said :wow:

How come he wasnt killed sooner

Sooner than what??? He was never Killed in the show :wow:

I love how he joined the Starfleet Crew on the Defiant when they abandoned the Station in "A Call To Arms"...didn't wanna stay to meet Dukat B)

Sorry I disagree..he was always used as yet another foil or because he was a defecting carrdie and that provided a story besides that he never really did anything for me besides the occasional chuckle at him being so down and out of luck.

Garak was great, his one liners, and being so down and out all the time. being forced into exile, as a tailor none the less. he was a great character in the show.

I too like “Plain Simple Garak”. His personality really showed from good acting and presented Garak with that idiosyncratic quality. I really enjoyed it when he was on the show and of course you have to love the sense with him and the doctor.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

As a lover of irony; witticisms; intrigue; and a truly good, humorous lie, I LOVE Garak. "The Wire" is head and shoulders above most of the early episodes, although I love almost all of them.

My favorite Garak/Dukat interchange is when GD has almost thrown him off the balcony for touching Ziyal.

Garak and Quark were probably my overall favourite characters on the show!! (I mean, it's always changing, but those two are consistently at the top, so...)

One of my fave characters. I also loved his humour, sarcasm and sense of irony. Never failed to make me smile. I know he was a rather duplicitious character but always trusted him to do the right thing, even if you weren't absolutely sure he would.

Garak is one of the best characters on Deep Space Nine. I love his subtle humour, sophistication, intelligence and complex personality. He always keeps you guessing as to what his true motivations and intentions are, as a result he is only partly trustworthy. He is all the more mysterious because he is not a regular character, only seen occasionally, so each time Garak makes an appearance it is a real delight. His interactions with Julian are great, especially in the early seasons when Julian was so young and naive.

Slowly as time passes you learn more about Garak's life and personal history, which give you an insight into the whole of Cardassian society. Also Garak's unique status as the son of the head of the Obsidian Order makes him a phenomenally powerful individual. He has been trained and educated in one of the most sophisticated security and intelligence organisations in the entire alpha and beta quadrants, so secretive, manipulative and ruthless that it rivals the Tal Shiar. So you never really know just how far Garak will go to ensure that a situation is resolved in his favour. For example during the episode "In The Pale Moon Light", Garak enlists the dubious character Tolar to create a holodeck program, in one scene Tolar is advised by Garak to return to his quarters, Garak adds that he will drop by shortly to, "Say hello". It is not exactly clear what is meant by this, although Garak has also given Tolar the distinct impression that if forced open, the door to Tolar's quarters MAY explode!

In other episodes the story involving Dukat's daughter Ziyal, let us see a whole new side to Garak, a warm and caring person. The conflict between Garak and Dukat is also very interesting. Although Dukat is a leading figure in the Cardassian Imperial Fleet, he seems unable or unwilling to totally remove himself of the irritating thorn in his side that is Garak. I highly recommend all Deep Space Nine fans read the novel, A Stitch In Time written by Andrew Robinson, the actor playing Garak. The author gives readers fantastically descriptive insights into the mind soul of Garak.

Stardate:213704.2

I loved Garak.He was by far my favorite character in DS9.There were so many times when i wanted him to slap Dukat.When Zial died the first person i thought of was Garak and how sorry for him i felt.I loved it when he and bashir got together.Especially during the episode where they team up in the spy holodeck program gone wrong( I belive its call"Our man Bashir" not sure)

I like Garak's character I think he has mellowed out a bit as the series went on,I also like his friendship with Bashir as well.