Sign in to follow this  
KIMIMELA

Mobile phones

I am sorry to keep pestering you people. :)

My phone (Motorola V500) has been broke recently as I dropped it on the floor. I do not plan to get it fixed because it has never worked well since the day I bought it.

My parents have both got new phones not long ago and I am so jelous. I have to stick with my old brick Nokia phone.I can't hear monophonic tones unless they're on vibrate.

Mobiles are becoming so cool and are cheaper so can anyone recommend me any good ones with orange? I hear the sony ericssons are good.

I personally avoid Motorola like the plague, TC, they never work massively well. I currently have a Sony Ericsson k750i its one of the latest and is brilliant, works as an MP3 player has the best camera available and lots of little features which mean i am always recharging, not to mentio 400 hours of standby time. It has the radio as well as expandable (buy the same cards as for your camera memory) memory. The difference between the sony Ericsson Walkman that is advertised a lot at the moment on the TV is simple software of the phone. in other words no difference at all as the features are exactly the same. Its triband and to be honest has better reception than any other phone I have ever had I can actually call out in my house which has limited transmission towers as I am less than 500 meters from 2 schools, and less than 1000 meters from another I am also in shooting distance of 3 hospitals, so getting and sending calls gets a little iffy. This thing packs a lot of wallop. I mean almost crystal clarity. So unless you live in an area like mine. you should have perfect reception. I am on O2 which is quite a good network. So yeah good luck. (I love my phone)

I had a V300 and it worked fabulously...until I dropped it with the flip-top open and it snapped off. I replaced it with a Nokia 1615 (I think that's the model number) and I prefered the Motorola. I like Flip Phones, personally. I'd go with the V330, with that one you can use the new BlueTooth Wireless hands free device. Those are frickin' sweet.

By the way, if money is tight, don't go with Nextel as your service: They want a $500 deposit for a $100 phone.

i have a nokia 1100 :blush 2: it's such an embarrassment except it was only $100, with $50 credit. what kind of phone can you get for $100 nowadays?

I got mine for $40. You can get Pay as You Go phones (Such as Trakphone, GoPhone, and the like, most providers have that now.) for cheap, like $30. it ain't a flashy phone, but it'll git-r-done.

I actually work with mobile phones at my job, I'm in the electronics department, and the wireless department is right next to me. I've become so well versed on mobile phones and plans that I'm actually used to train new wireless associates. Phones that start with a V are through motorola. Cara, do you want a plan or a a pay as you go phone. If you want a plan, use Cingular or T-Mobile. T-Mobile has the lowest price for a plan at 19.99, but not much minutes. If you want to do a prepaid phone, once again, I would recommend T-Mobile. All their phones come with 60 minutes to start with, also, once you spend $100 you get 15% more minutes and the minutes last one year. I have Cingular, and I enjoy it. I like the roll over minutes, plus it's free Cingular to Cingular calling, and they consider AT&T as Cingular. I have a Nokia 6010 phone that was originally designed as a prepaid, but I broke my Samsung X427 and I took my sim chip and put it in the new phone. I can upgrade in November, and I'm planning on getting the Motorola Razr for $98.87 for a new 2 year contract. I hope this helped a bit.

Hhmm. Pay as you go, on Orange. I'd stick with Orange as my sim chip is Orange and it will only work in Orange phones. V300 sounds good.

It's just that I know a lot of people who has Motorola and all their phones has just broke. :( I'd like a Nokia or a Samsung. What's that new Samsung that advertises alot? :laugh:

Anyway, what is wireless, Justin?

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

To be honest if you don't really need a phone then I'd suggest you leave it the way it is. I don't like mobile phones, I have one purely because I need it for work. I hate the novelty ringtones, I hate the normal rings, the beeps, the pips, they all just get on my nerves. I have to have mine on vibrate to stand it.

i have a nokia 1100  :blush 2: it's such an embarrassment except it was only $100, with $50 credit. what kind of phone can you get for $100 nowadays?

359877[/snapback]

I'm currently using a Nokia 1108. Its supposed to be an upgrade of the 1100 in terms of the software used. I got it for only MYR 220. That's about USD50?? It has been rather reliable.

I'm through with buying hi-tech expansive phones. The last one cost costed me more than MYR 1200 which accidently ended up in the washing machine. I'm rough with phones so I now only get the simple and cheap ones. That way, if its broken, I'll just get another.

But you know... I's still prefer the standard communicator. It now comes as a badge I can pin on my shirt.

Cara, you asked what wireless is, it's just fancy word that refers to cellular or mobile phones, since they're wireless. :( If you want a little more help, you can either email or PM me.

Cara, you asked what wireless is, it's just fancy word that refers to cellular or mobile phones, since they're wireless. :lol:

360030[/snapback]

:laugh: :(

I own a Nokia 1221. http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/1221 I had it for quite some time and works great. It has no bells and whistles and doesn't have a color screen. It only needs a charge about once every two weeks. That is leaving it on all the time. I can't believe they are still selling them.

It has voice mail, text messaging and some simple games.

Edited by Data

Not to sound smug or anything, but did you try setting the profile to outdoors mode?

360091[/snapback]

I don't think you realise, MrPsychic, I am hard of hearing.

I have a Motorola V180, it is a nice flip phone and works pretty good. Though depending on where I am or where my phone is (like if it is stashed in my purse) I cannot always hear my phone. It may be the ringtone I have chosen for the people that I cannot hear the ringtone of though.

I can hear my best friend's ringtone pretty much everytime, but I cannot always hear my mother's or my sister's. And pretty much never hear my brother's.

Also, except for recently... finding a car charger or other stuff compatible with my phone is few and far between EVEN at the Cingular store.

I used to have a Sony Erikson phone, but I think it was possessed! B) Three days before my two year contract with Cingular wore out, my phone suddenly sounded like a Flatline on an EKG monitor just on loudspeaker *BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!*

And sadly, it was right in the middle of Chemistry class during our final exams. Very VERY embarrassing! After it did that and I went scurrying out of teh classroom to try and shut the stupid thing up it suddenly just went completely dead and I could not turn the phone back on again. So when I reupped my contract, changed to a slightly different plan I got the V180. (My mom also like the phone as did my sister & brother in law.. so they all got the same one I did)