• Nog
    • Sulu
    • Damar (if alive)
    • Chakotay
    • Harry Kim
    • Seven of Nine
    • Tom Paris
    • Other

This was inspired by the Chakotay or Janeway as captain thread.

I was just thinking who would you all like to have seen in action as a captain commanding their own star ship - possibly with having a series based around them.

If she hadn't been killed off I'd love to have seen a Captain Jadzia Dax, I loved all the episodes in DS9 when she was in command of the Defiant. I think she would have made a very exciting captain and I'd love to have seen a series based around her.

Others I'd quite like to see in that role would be Worf, Sulu and Geordi.

Any others? Who'd you like to see?

Well, 5 on the list have already been shown to be captains (some in alternate timelines).

Riker -Titan

LaForge -Challenger

Nog - unknown

Harry Kim - Rhode Island

Sulu -Excelsior

Data would have made an awesome captain. Jadzia too, but she's a better scientist, and I do love my science women. So, like Data commanded that ship during the Romulan crisis with Sela, he could have gotten his own ship and his own anti-robot First to piss off and then smack down when he proved the guy wrong.

Miles wouldn't be able to command a starship, unless he was given a commission. As a Senior Chief Petty Officer (Probably promoted to Command Master Chief of his present post by now) he wouldn't be eligable. But, I would like to see Geordi in command, and I would love to see more of the Excelsior and of the Titan.

Though sadly he is gone, I would have loved to see Scotty as a Captain. Captain Sulu, or by his present age, perhaps Admiral Sulu, would be (or would've been) a great series. It would have been fascinating to see Jadzia, because of her symbiont, in the Captains chair. Also it would be very interesting to see Seven of Nine as a Captain.

Well, 5 on the list have already been shown to be captains (some in alternate timelines).

Riker -Titan

LaForge -Challenger

Nog - unknown

Harry Kim - Rhode Island

Sulu -Excelsior

359358[/snapback]

I know but would you like to have seen a series based around any of these?

Data would have made an awesome captain. Jadzia too, but she's a better scientist, and I do love my science women. So, like Data commanded that ship during the Romulan crisis with Sela, he could have gotten his own ship and his own anti-robot First to piss off and then smack down when he proved the guy wrong.

359372[/snapback]

sea trooper, I know this is anal but there is something within me that can't stop it from coming out. Data is an android, not a robot. LOL

I agree that Data would be a terrific captain. I'd serve under him in a second.

I can't image Seven of Nine as a captain. When I saw her name in the list I kept getting images of the Voyager episode, The Omega Directive, where Seven was in charge of the project and Harry Kim was complaining that she was treating them like Borg and she then demoted him from Six of Ten to Two of Ten. :)

I wouldn't mind seeing a "Titan" series. Riker's one of my fave TNG chars and he's a great captain, so my vote goes to him. :)

sea trooper, I know this is anal but there is something within me that can't stop it from coming out. Data is an android, not a robot. LOL

An anti-synthetic wouldn't care :)

I can't believe I'm the only one that voted for Kira (Space Tigger where are you)

Some of those characters are just hard to imagine as Captain because they were so far from that in their current role. Not just anybody can be a captain. Kira is one of the strongest Star Trek characters in its multi series history. She's resourceful, commited and both passionate and compassionate - I think you can be a good officer without all of those qualities but I think a Captain needs the passion. I think that is why Kirk remains the quintissential Captain (and I don't mean passion as in romance - I mean a passion for causes, for the "right thing" for his ship, his crew etc.)

I can't believe I'm the only one that voted for Kira (Space Tigger where are you)

I'm here now! I just saw the thread..I don't spend a lot of time here lately..Of course I voted for Nerys..Such a strong character..She would be an awesome Captain..

Well technically she was a 'captain' in season 7, but she would do good with a ship and crew. :)

Edited by sea trooper

Well technically she was a 'captain' in season 7, but she would do good with a ship and crew. :blush:

I believe she was a Colonel in season 7..And yeah, she would be awesome with a ship and crew.. :)

Bajoran Colonels are the equivalent of a Captain. Major is Commander. :wink2:

An anti-synthetic wouldn't care :)

359527[/snapback]

But Data did. :blush: Whenever someone called him a robot, Data would correct them (even Q) by saying he was an android, not a robot.

Some of those characters are just hard to imagine as Captain because they were so far from that in their current role.  Not just anybody can be a captain. 

359536[/snapback]

Who do you feel wouldn't make a good captain, UH?

Personally, I don't think Worf would. I've seen too many episodes where he just didn't have the patience to be a captain. There were other qualities he possesses that I think detract from his suitability as well. Then to top it off, his service record would probably preclude his promotion (too many reprimands).

Edited by Takara_Soong

359372[/snapback]

LOL, well...Looks like you beat me to posting that Takara.

Data was the one I voted for for new Captain. I think that the promotion to that office may have opened the door for more evolution of the character. At least it might have.

I voted for Jadzia. I know that she would be forceful and at the same time wise and campasionate. She would make an awesome Captain.

But I'd love to see a show with Data as a Captain. It would be fun seeing the crew come to trust him.

I could see Geordi as a good Captain too.

Though sadly he is gone, I would have loved to see Scotty as a Captain.

359427[/snapback]

If I'm not mistaking in the episode Relics he was a captain but not a captain of a ship but a captain never less but your right he would make a good captain

Brian

I voted Sulu. I'd love to see his adventures as series. My second choice would be to see Nog's adventure.

:lol: I think Trekfan and I think alike..............Chakotay as captain, with 7 of 9 as commander.

What would be funny is Chakotay as Captain and Paris as Commander :laugh:

:( I just wish Chakotay would get back on STF

The list I presented was just a possible list you could choose from to have a series based around as a captain, feel free to present your own nominations.

:angry: I think Trekfan and I think alike..............Chakotay as captain, with 7 of 9 as commander.

What would be funny is Chakotay as Captain and Paris as Commander :laugh:

:blush: I just wish Chakotay would get back on STF

Actually Chakotay is the new captain of Voyager and Tom Paris is now his First Officer.

Actually Chakotay is the new captain of Voyager and Tom Paris is now his First Officer.

Only according to the books I presume?

My first choice would be Riker...but i voted for Tom paris who i think after his 9 years on VOY he would make a pretty good captain :blush: