Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

2005 MLB Playoffs

I got intrested only because of the blown call in the ALCS, but Baseball until they fix the financial mess they are in, is a sport I am not really intrested in anymore, and its a real shame before the strike that shut down the world series, i lived baseball, now to me football and hockey are king

I'm following the World Series. It seems the Sox are getting a lot of help from the refs, either bad calls, or just dumb luck on the part of the players, esp A.J. Per...... ( I won't try to spell his name........lol). Last night, the batter, whose name slips my mind, is given a passed ball, as the ref decided he was hit by the pitcher. On further review, the camera shows that it didn't happen. (!) That occurred in the 9th inning, w/ two outs. That call, blown or not, seemed to have made the difference and allowed the Sox to win again. I guess a win is a win, but this is tough for the Astros. I don't really have a fav, but i hope that the games can be , shall we say, "fairer"? I cannot imagine the feeling that the reffing staff must feel now. Wow!! :)

I think MLB is losing its younger fan base here on the East coast, the games are starting too late and ending too late, they need to start these games @ 7 EST so all the fans can watch them, what if one of these games would go 18 innings like the Astros/Braves game did in the NLDS

What a long game for #3, and the first ever in Texas. Yee haw! LOL! I dozed off in the 14th (!) inning, so missed the winning run. As a previous poster said, this may be a sweep. I am still at a loss to understand why the home team cannot make the decision whether to keep the roof open, or to close it. Statistcally, the Astros do much better with it closed. This could be the talk in the off-season, and yet another possible rules change. The Astros stranded a bunch of runners, so it may be they "dropped the ball" in their shot at winning the game. :( It was great game to watch, nonetheless.

I am still at a loss to understand why the home team cannot make the decision whether to keep the roof open, or to close it

The Astros do make the decision to open or close the roof. The Astros have a written policy that states that the roof will be open once it reaches a certain temperature outside. I've forgotten what the number is. The problem that MLB has with the Astros is that they now want to change their own policy just for the Series. The Astro's have already admitted that one of the main reasons they wanted the roof closed is that the noise level is much louder with the roof closed. They just wanted an extra advantage in the game. MLB was simply telling them to adhere to the policy that they themselves set. I see no problem with it.

But it really shoul be the Home teams Choice, when the steelers played the Texans it was close to 100 and the texans thought they would have an advantage with the Roof open, LOL, anyway they shouldnt worry about the roof, but getting the calls right on the field, I also think MLB has to start about starting these games at 7 and i mean the 1st pitch at 7, in Markets like Pittsburgh who has no chance ever competing under the current Economical state of baseball, has no chance of making a World Series, the ones that might be intrested inWatching it anyway will miss the ending cause of School in the Morning, they are gonna lose a whole Generation of Fans, this IMO is worst then the NHL losing a wholse season cause its the World Series, stuff Legends are made of and the game isnt over till 2:00 AM EST

While I agree that the games started rather late, and lasted late, this year, they were all close games in the World Series. It was interesting to see teams that aren't ususally in the World Series playing. Of course I'm very pleased the White Sox won and so are a lot of people in and around Chicago. We did indeed "care" about this series. And tomorrow will be a great day for a parade in Chicago! Go White Sox, World Champs!