Sign in to follow this  
who

SMALLVILLE

Fans of Kara Zor-El can look forward to seeing Laura Vandervoort return to the role for one more episode in Season 8 of "Smallville".The actress announced her return to the role at the Fan Expo in Toronto, Canada this weekend, saying, "In October, I'm shooting. I only know of one (episode) right now. They've asked me to tie up my storyline."

Vandervoort also mentioned that there had once been talk about doing a spin-off Supergirl TV series, "But it just didn't work out."

While Michael Rosenbaum, joining Laura Vandervoort on the same panel, said he misses the cast and crew but gave no indication that he'd ever return.

Sure....I like Smallville. Was a comics fan in my youth. Wish I still had 'em all...such as the Supes-Spiderman crossover publication. Looking forward to Season eight of the show. Like all the delving into Krypton, etc. Some advanced culture. They make the Federation of Trek look not so high-tech by comparison. It may be aimed at a younger audience, but the characters are intriguing, and well thought out. Micheal Rosenbaum plays a great Lex.

Starry Constellation Magazine caught up with Sam Witwer to talk to him about his role as Davis Bloome in Season 8 of "Smallville".

Q: Davis does eventually become Doomsday, did you have any reservation about taking on such a well known comic book character?

A: Yeah, some, comic book fans, Sci-Fi fans, these are people who have a very specific taste and then there are always the vocal ones that don't like what you do no matter what. I feel like I am prepared for that and I've done enough work in that entire arena to be prepared for whatever may come as a result. I'm here to do as I am told, I am here to do as good a job as I can and interpret as well as I can. Hopefully people like it, I'd love it if people liked it.

IGN.com has posted an interview with Aaaron Ashmore (Jimmy Olsend)...

IGN: Can you talk a bit about some of the episodes and storylines you're involved with as we begin Season 8?

Ashmore: Well, a lot of it is revolving around the marriage and that idea of the lead up to that. There's a great episode called "Committed" and I don't want to give too much away, but basically Chloe and Jimmy get kidnapped by this psychopath and locked in a basement. He hooks them up to these electric chairs and he basically is so obsessed with truth and commitment and faith to the other person that you're going to settle down with for the rest of your life. He sets up this test where if you're lying, he's going to kill you. So the way to get out of this is to be truthful and not be lying. Don't have secrets; not cheating. So there's this amazing set up as to are they right for each other? Can they end up together? The secrets that they both have, is that going to destroy them? That to me is a great episode.

IGN also spoke with Erica Durance (Lois Lane)...

IGN: Can you talk about Lois's interaction with some of the new characters, like Tess, Davis and Maxima?

Durance: They've done a really great job and hopefully during the season they're able to bring in even more characters that people recognize from the comics. We have the CEO of Luthorcorp coming in, Tess Mercer. I've had a little bit to do with her. And of course we go head to head - Lois really doesn't get on with people right away. She kind of knocks heads with her, which is always fun for me to play that kind of thing. And Davis, I don't have much to do with yet, but within the other characters, I think the audience will be very excited to see where they're going with that and watch him evolve in the different characters lives and as he gets closer to the other characters.

wow i used to watch smallville all the time cant belileve they are already on 8? was it really all so long ago. i havent seen that show in so long maybe ill check it out again

"Smallville" has won an Emmy for "Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series" at the 60th annual Primetime Emmy Awards.

The Sound Editing Emmy was awarded for the Season 7 episode "Bizarro".

OUTSTANDING SOUND EDITING FOR A SERIES

MICHAEL E. LAWSHE, Supervising Sound Editor - CW

NORVAL 'CHARLIE' CRUTCHER III, Supervising ADR Editor

JESSICA DICKSON, Dialogue Editor

TIMOTHY CLEVELAND, Supervising Sound Effects Editor

MARC MEYER, Sound Effects Editor

PAUL J. DILLER, Sound Effects Editor

ALBERT GOMEZ, Sound Effects Editor

CASEY CRABTREE, Foley Artist

MICHAEL CRABTREE, Foley Artist

CHRIS McGEARY, Music Editor

What do you think of Season 8 so far? The ratings have been good and last night's episode was really fun. It was just really cool to see Clark's first day at the Planet, and when he rescued Tess Mercer from the bus, it really seemed very Superman like. What did you think of Davis Bloome? I thought he was pretty cool, and will evolve more and more and will be Doomsday by the end of the season, but it happens little-by-little with each episode.

I'm not so sure about next week's episode about Green Arrow's background story. I hope they have some more Clark and Lois and not just be a Green Arrow episode. Tess Mercer is a cool villain. She is like the female Lex and I don't miss Lana at all. I'm glad that is finally over with

I saw the first episode and liked that one a lot. It looks like it is off to a good start. I didn't catch last nights but I will watch it on the internet when the CW network puts it up there.

the Green Arrow episode turned out a lot better than I was expecting, especially showing the connection Tess has to Oliver. I wouldn't be surprised if Tess dies for Oliver by the end of the season. I also enjoyed Oliver calling her Mercy, a reference to the Superman: TAS character. I loved that. This last episode about Maxima was also really well done. The beginning attractions are showing between Lois and Clark.

I also love the suits Clark has been wearing. All that is missing is the glasses and he would be the Clark Kent we all know so well.

I liked the Green Arrow origin story too. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a spin-off series with him. I haven't watched last week's episode yet. For some reason, they don't put it on the website until Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week.

last night's episode was another good one and further developed the relationship of Lois and Clark. I am loving this season and the creators abscence from the series hasn't even been felt imo. I was afraid that with Gough and Millar gone, the series would be a disaster, but I think the storyline has actually improved. I fear for Chloe every time we see Jimmy with her since we know that he doesn't marry Chloe in the comics. I wonder how they will resolve that storyline.

Next week's episode looks really cool and shows that Doomsday has started killing people. Finally, the Doomsday story is beginning!

I really do love this season and Doomsday is finally starting to show his true self. I bet the season will end with the "death" of Clark. It was nice to see Kara again and it was really cool to hear that she is going to find Kandor, which we all know Brainiac has shrunk it. Obviously, this will be future plot of the season or series. Clark will need his fortress back before they have that story. I was afraid that Doomsday was going to be told as the literal son of Zod, but I'm glad they didn't go in that direction. Overall, it was a really good episode

Isn't this the last season? It seems like they have an awful lot to squeeze in for this one season. I sincerely hope that they don't end the series with the death of Clark at the hands of Doomsday. That would really make me mad!

they are talking about doing season nine, so I don't think this is the end. That's why I think they may end this season with Clark dying. If they decide that this is the last season, I'm sure it will end with the Superman connection. When Perrry White shows up, you know it's close to the end. It is the CW's highest rated show and I read that it is like #12 in the top 25 top rated shows of the week. I just hope they don't go on so long that they aren't able to finish the story like what happened at the end of Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

You're a guy show on a girl network. Your would-be companion show just got nixed. You're being fitted for a Kryptonite collar about now, right? Well…

Smallville scored its biggest audience in a year last week (4.5 million viewers) and ruled its time slot among men 18-34.

The upbeat ratings came as the CW said it was pulling the plug on its planned Smallville-esque Robin series, The Graysons, and confirmed it was mulling a revamp of Melrose Place, a series that theoretically would pull in Gossip Girl women, unlike, you know, Smallville.

There's no word on whether Smallville will be back for a ninth season, although the show's executive producers recently talked up future "seasons" on the fansite KryptonSite.

Clark Kent may be a superhero out of water, but he seems to have good lungs.

I hope the series continues as long as the quality is still there. That being said, I really hate the Doomsday character. This "Doomsday" has absolutely nothing in common with the comic book Doomsday. They should have given him another name. Doomsday was never the son of Zod.

Also, If Tess Mercer is in charge of LuthorCorp, why in the world is she wasting her time at the Daily Planet? I would imagine that the Daily Planet is a small cog in the huge machine that is LuthorCorp. She should have an office at LuthorCorp and appoint a Publisher at the Daily Planet. It makes no sense for her to assume both roles. I think it would have been better if they had put Lana Lang in charge of LuthorCorp like they did in the comics. THAT would have been cool.

Lex Luthor took control of the Daily Planet on Lois and Clark, so this plot has been done before. Now that Lex is gone and he was head of the planet (besides his brother), Tess is just filling in. It is all just a filler until they decide when Perry White should show up. The writers of the show say that Doomsday will be like the comic DD by the end of the season, but it builds up until then. This show really has no connection to "official" Superman continuity. This is just their version of the story and some call it "Superman for the 21st century". I think of it as it's own story. As long as it sticks close enough to the basics of the mythology without going extremely out of line, I like it.

i don't want Lana back, I'm so glad she is finally gone lol

Edited by Stephen of Borg

Thursday's episode "Legion" was a great episode. I thought they did a really good job with Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy. The only problem I had is that they took Brainiac back to the future with them, and implied that he was going to be Brainiac 5. In the comics, they are two different people aren't they? That was the only downer, but I just had to remind myself that this is it's own story.

it is still unsure if Smallville will be coming back for a ninth season. Some sources say that Tom is closing to a deal for another season, but on the other hand, the CW has asked the writers to make the last episode of the season be a closer if they decide that they don't want to make another season. This could be the final season of Smallville, or maybe not. Below is an interview with Michael R. basically saying that he will come back for the series finale, but not as a regular again

Windy City Times has published an interview with Michael Rosenbaum, discussing his career and up-coming work. In the section where they talk about his time on the TV series "Smallville" Rosenbaum comments that he's open to the idea of returning to conclude the show if he's required... but with a proviso that he doesn't have to shave his head.

Q: Well, you definitely hit it big with the WB show Smallville, playing Lex Luthor. How many seasons were you on?

MB: I did seven seasons and I just finished this past May. They are continuing on another season. My contract was up and it had run its course. I loved the cast and the crew but I felt like my work was done. They have asked me to come back a few times. People think they have seen me on the show since then but I found out they have been using body doubles to pretend that it's me. I don't know how fair that is to the fans.

Q: So you don't think you will ever come back?

MB: No. I told the producers that I would only come back for the last episode or two if they let me wear a bald cap. I just grew my hair out.

Q: Shaving your hair just drove you crazy, didn't it?

MB: It wore out its welcome. Seven years everyday, filming in Vancouver, freezing my ass off. I couldn't even wear a hat because my makeup would get ruined. I had to be there two hours before the crew got there to shave my head. The makeup girl was like my therapist. She knew everything about me and knew I wasn't coming back. I am truly grateful to the show. It put me on the map. It gave me financial stability. I am able to take care of my mother's gambling problem! [both laugh].

EW's Michael Ausiello reveals that The CW is looking to remake "Melrose Place" into a modern TV series, enticing "Smallville" show-runners Darren Swimmer and Todd Slavkin to take the reigns of the new (rebooted) series.

It goes without saying that a likely complication in the talks is the duo's involvement with Smallville and the uncertainty surrounding the show's future. The net has not formally renewed Smallville for a ninth season, although Warner Bros. is already finalizing deals with the principal cast, including Tom Welling. Should Swimmer and Slavkin depart, fellow executive producers Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson would likely become the primary show-runners in season 9.

Greetings. I would say yes. I grew up reading the comics..way back when! I certainly recall Clark's hometown history. It is aimed at a younger audience, as with other CW programs, but, that's of no consequence; it's a well-written series, and gives any fan of the man in the red cape an interesting glimpse at Kal-el's early years...saw it last night; ya know Lex has to return at some point! Micheal R. does a good job playing him.

thanks! I was actually talking to someone about that yesterday. They were telling me he is on a TV series, but they couldn't remember what it was. Thanks for saying that :giggle:

Edited by The Kryptonian Borg

I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but last week was a bad disappointment. I can't believe that they said that Lana practically had a gun to her head and was forced to break up with Clark. HATED IT!!! Why did they not just keep it the way it was? Lana should leave Clark alone so they can progress the story, but I guess that is the problem. I guess the writers are afraid to go too deep into the Lois and Clark story, but does it always have to be Lana? Clark has had other dates besides Lois and Lana, I'm soooo tired of the Clana (Clark and Lana) storyline. Take two steps forward and they move four steps back. It is getting old to watch Clark cry over Lana, she isn't that big of a deal in the comics, why be such a big deal here?Definitely the worst episode of the season was last week.

From what I hear, this week was about Clark fighting Toyman. So that sounds promising, I'll watch it sometime this week. This season has been good until they brought Lana back. Now she even has super powers like Clark :notworthy: