Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

Do you know anyone in a band?

Yes, a spin-off from my "Are you in a band" thread?

So, do you know anyone in a band, famous or not?

I know Sonny Sandoval (P.O.D.) and Rob Halford (Judas Priest) pretty well. My friend Marie is also in a hard-core punk band which doesn't have a name yet, and my friend Seth is in a punk band called the turdgivits. (Replace "turd" with the s-word for dookie.)

Edited by wishfire

I once worked with a guy who was in a band during the '60s called the Sheffields. They never made it big though.

In college, worked with two guys who are in a band called Adrenichrome (originally called Adrenaline-31). They put out an album and a single. I have both.

One guy I work with now says he's in a band. Another coworker is a local, indy electronica artist. Nothing big for either right now, but so it goes.

My sister knows and has worked with a couple Jazz musicians while she was a member of the high school Jazz Ambassadors . The group also put out a couple of CDs(they did it as part of their fundraising to go on their five country tour in Europe, where they played at the Umbria Jazz Festival, Montreaux Jazz Festival, and there was a third one but the name escapes me right now, as well as a few other locales). And we went to school with a relative of one of the guys of (and I think he has played with as well) Lynard Skynard.

My brother was also in the bands at high school (marching, symphonic, jazz band), and they put out a CD as well.

Edited by Yillara_Skye

Several of my friends are in local area praise/worship bands, but that's about it...