Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

The U.S.S. Titan Has Finally Been Revealed!

Some of you know that to celebrate the release of the first Star Trek Titan novel, a contest was held for artists to design what the Luna Class ship Titan would look like. Well folks, it has been decided and a winner has been chosen. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the U.S.S. Titan

It's alright... I guess.

It's smaller than I imagined, for one thing. And it looks weird.

Edited by sea trooper

Ok i must have been in the dark or hiding in a hole

or in the hatch( :lol: )

Can someone tell me what is the USS Titan- i know about the books but are they making a movie???

Ok i must have been in the dark or hiding in a hole

or in the hatch( :( )

Can someone tell me what is the USS Titan- i know about the books but are they making a movie???

356715[/snapback]

The USS Titan is Riker's ship! It's the ship we hear of in Nemesis, then we hear that Riker has become a captain.

:lol:

Can't say I'm too impressed. I don't really like its look from the starboard side view, other than that though it's alright.

It kinda reminds me of ships I design, I tend to take alot of inspiration from the Soveriegn class. I like the design.

356695[/snapback]

Same here. I've designed alot that are very similar to that. Maybe I should've entered... :lol:

I like it too. Of course, I love the Akira, the Nebbie and the Sovie, so that's no surprise.

With a name like "Titan", though, I did expect bigger. :(

Good for Riker- I knew that because i did see Nemesis once...

Is there a movie coming out?

I also thought that with the name Titan it would be a bigger ship, but it was named after a moon. Now for a Luna class ship, it's perfect.

Still looks weired.

I also thought that with the name Titan it would be a bigger ship, but it was named after a moon. Now for a Luna class ship, it's perfect.

Still looks weired.

Yes but the name comes from the Titans which were almost akin to the gods in Greek mythology. They had a reputation as being enourmous, robust and sturdy. That's what the name conjures up. I just don't think the ship lives up to that. Other than that though it's just not a great looking ship.

It's a cool enough design; I like it, mostly. I agree the side view looks strange with that raised section (conning tower?) but from the forward view it becomes a strength harkening back to TWOK's Reliant.

About its size, the name suggests a hugh ship but perhaps the old axioms; don't judge a book by its cover & good things come in small packages applies; underneath its small physique could lie one heck of a giant. Like Siskos Defiant.

Makes sense that in the future, like today, miniaturization and increased ability go hand in hand.

when i look at it I just see basically an Akira class ship with a Miranda Class Tower on its primary hull

Btw I noticed the Okuda and Sternbach were among the judges, so I wonder if any subsequent movies are made if it will follow this design and become canon

If they do one day make a movie or TV series about it or have it appear in either, they should stick as close to the book as possible. Fans of the book would be very disappointed, not to mention so much has been established in the novels

I think it's a very interesting design

I don't mind it.

I'd love to see a 3D CG design though.

I've been in a closet for a while...

Are they ever planning on making a Titan TV show?

Some of you know that to celebrate the release of the first Star Trek Titan novel, a contest was held for artists to design what the Luna Class ship Titan would look like. Well folks, it has been decided and a winner has been chosen. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the U.S.S. Titan

356690[/snapback]

Sorry to seem negative, but I hate it. It looks too much like a cross between Voyager and the Reliant from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

They should have nnamed it the USS Titanic. B) :( :) :)

At first glance, I really didn't like the design. Then again, when I first saw Defiant, I told myself, I didn't like it too. Today, I think about the Defiant, and I'm telling myself I really would love to own one of those boxy warship. I know I will grow to like it eventually.

Can someone re-host the images on Imageshack or something? I'm using the Walmart branded AOL, and they 'blacklist' pages their conservative 'judging panel' doesn't find 'morally sound' (for example I can't get the latest nVidia drivers)... oddly enough I can get on forums, but it seems like a lot of web pages trip the censorship protocols, which means I get kicked off the Net and have to reconnect. It'll do that to me every time I try to access blacklisted pages, so... :lol:

Can someone re-host the images on Imageshack or something? I'm using the Walmart branded AOL, and they 'blacklist' pages their conservative 'judging panel' doesn't find 'morally sound' (for example I can't get the latest nVidia drivers)... oddly enough I can get on forums, but it seems like a lot of web pages trip the censorship protocols, which means I get kicked off the Net and have to reconnect. It'll do that to me every time I try to access blacklisted pages, so... :lol:

Here are the images from the link:

Side views:

TitanSide.jpg

Fore view:

TitanFront.jpg

Aft view:

TitanBack.jpg

Dorsal view:

TitanTop.jpg

Ventral view:

TitanBottom.jpg

Titan patch:

TitanPatch.jpg

What a strange censor your provider has. I can't imagine why they would censor a Simon & Schuster website.

I don't know, I've given up trying to figure out their logic, or lack thereof. I just moved, just started working after getting myself "legal" here, and probably sometime next month, I'm changing our ISP... AOL is really bad and that is basically what this is. Run by the next most-evil corporation after Microsoft, no less. We're practically in bed with the Devil using this ISP, but in any case, your ImageEvent hosted pictures came through just fine.

I kinda like the Titan! From the top and bottom, it looks like the Ent-E, which I love. I really don't get that tower thing... Is that the Bridge, or is that the equivalent of Voyager's Astrometrics? Also on that note, what's to stop me (say I'm an enemy ship) from blowing out the supports for that little thing once I knock out the shields? It's a very strange design... all of the ships save for the Defiant, and maybe Voayger, have these flimsy little arms holding the warp nacelles... similarly the Klingon Bird of Prey has that long neck that just makes a target of itself. I think warships or any ships introduced into a hostile or potentially hostile environment should be solid-state. Space stations can have interconnected parts (like DS9) but it just looks wrong on ships. Also what's with the oversized nacelles? More so on the Centaur... but Voyager had tiny nacelles and it could do Warp 9.75 I think... Surely the new huge-nacelled ships can't do much better, can they?

And didn't Voyager bring back enough transwarp information/research for that to replace warp drive? (No, I'm not taking Trek too seriously... though sometimes it's hard.)

I like it. It looks like a combination of Nova, Intrepid, Miranda, and Sovereign classes. The top part does look like a increased sensor pallet. This would m ake sense since Starfleet would just be coming out of war, so they would be switching back to an exploration role. Looks good.

post-709-1133864301_thumb.jpg

This picture shows the location of 6 Photon Torpedo tubes (red Circles) and 5 Phaser Arrays (blue numbers 1-5) that I counted. on a ship that is only 450 meters long, that is a pretty substantial armament, so based on that, I would tend to disagree with Psy about this being an "Explorer". the lack of aft coverage with Phasers, though, does concern me a bit. But that's just me being me, so hey. and yes, I did consider that Probes are also launched from Torpedo tubes, but 6?