Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

What annoys me about the 1st 2 seasons

Besides the Uniforms, I hate the over Dramatic Music they play, to me it makes some episodes almost unwatchable :frusty:

I said the same thing about Enterprise.. No character development. But then i stopped watching it and so did many others. So thats that..

On the other hand TNG got better,it got Emmys and the respect that Trek was about

The first 2 seasons of TNG were awful. I remember many fans ready to give up on it.

On the other hand TNG got better,it got Emmys

The only Emmys that TNG got were for the BS categories ie: make-up, costume and stuff like that. It never won an Emmy in the creative field like writing and such. The only series to win a creative Emmy was Enterprise.

I did not mind the first two seasons, but yes I do agree the music was a bit overdramatized.

It could almost be seen as comedic... just think of a cartoon series where the heroes were in a bit of a bind. The whole "Dun. Dun. Dunnnnn" music.

It was not so obvious as cartoons, but it was getting kind of close in some episodes.

It never won an Emmy in the creative field like writing and such. The only series to win a creative Emmy was Enterprise.

Why would someone give Enterprise an Emmy?TNG had great battles,kick butt graphics and some great makeup- They deserved creative arts Emmys

TNG was a great show- the first season had lots of good episodes and they got even better with season two,especially since Gene was involved with it hands on. And it didn't get cancelled

Break out eppis from Season1:

Click For Spoiler

Encounter at Farpoint, Part I and Part 2

The Naked Now

Where No One Has Gone Before

Lonely Among Us

The Battle

Hide and Q

Haven

Datalore

Coming of Age

Skin of Evil

We'll Always Have Paris

Conspiracy

The Neutral Zone

Season 2was even Better

Click For Spoiler

The Child

Elementary, Dear Data (One of my faves)

The Outrageous Okona

Unnatural Selection

A Matter of Honor

The Measure of a Man (break out Episode. Another one that is top on my list)

The Royale

Time Squared

Q Who? (First Encounter with the Borg )

The Emissary

Shades of Gray

The writing and acting in the first 2 seasons was pretty sub-par when you compare them to everything that came after it. I dare say that if TNG were to come out brand new right now and nothing about the first 2 seasons was changed it likely wouldn't get a 3rd season.

People complained about Enterprise but I would put the quality of Enterprise seasons 1 & 2 up against TNG's first 2 seasons any day. TNG didn't really start to come into it's own until the 3rd season and then really got very good once Wesley was gone.

The first 2 seasons of TNG were awful. I remember many fans ready to give up on it.

On the other hand TNG got better,it got Emmys

The only Emmys that TNG got were for the BS categories ie: make-up, costume and stuff like that. It never won an Emmy in the creative field like writing and such. The only series to win a creative Emmy was Enterprise.

356364[/snapback]

Don't forget that TNG is the only syndicated series to have ever been nominated for the Best Dramatic Series Emmy (season 7) although it lost to Picket Fences. That ain't no BS category.

Don't forget that TNG is the only syndicated series to have ever been nominated for the Best Dramatic Series Emmy (season 7) although it lost to Picket Fences. That ain't no BS category

Yeah i forgot about that- TNG deserved that but dang that David E Kelly

I've only watched the first two seasons of TNG and I think it is fantastic. It progresses better each season, like everthing does over time. *Sneeze*