Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The "Worst Episode"

Not every episode is a "winner". I think the worst episode of TOS was "The Way To Eden".

075_03.jpg

Any other opinions about what the "worst" one was?

LOL Remember "The Wonder Years"? They used parts of that episode in a "remake" of sorts in one of their episodes. Kevin Arnold played Capt Kirk.

I never saw that episode in it's entirety, I would always catch it near the end :lol: Someday I hope to start a collection of show's or segments of shows which do a parody of Trek.

I gotta go with "Spock's Brain". I don't think it could get any worse.

yes "spock's brain" was bad, but i think "the way to eden" was the worst. it was just so corny. the thing i hate about tos and alot of tng are the stupid costumes everyone wears. the uniforms are cool, but not the other costumes. just look at VaBeachGuy's "the way to eden" picture up there! Lol. But other then the wardrobes, the shows rock!

Hey bysty, those costumes were cool! The epitome of the 60's! What a time capsule that episode is!

But that was the problem I had with the episode. It was a timecapsule of the 60's, It was very dated. This episode was supposed to be 300 years in the future yet there were alien hippies singing 60 style folk music lol

yes "spock's brain" was bad, but i think "the way to eden" was the worst. it was just so corny. the thing i hate about tos and alot of tng are the stupid costumes everyone wears. the uniforms are cool, but not the other costumes. just look at VaBeachGuy's "the way to eden" picture up there! Lol. But other then the wardrobes, the shows rock!

Dude what are you talking about! "The way to Eden" was totally now!

I agree that Spocks Brain was the worst..

Not every episode is a "winner". I think the worst episode of TOS was "The Way To Eden".

075_03.jpg

Any other opinions about what the "worst" one was?

I got to agree. I thought that was a pretty awful too.

At least it probably helped the budget with what they must have spent on material for those costumes or maybe the actors just brought them with them.

Is the guy in that picture the same one as the guy who played the singer who was killed in Phantom of the Paradise (remember that movie with Paul Williams)

Well Spock's Brain is definitely one of the most embarassing. But my personal least favorite is probably Spectre of the Gun. Mainly because after the Prime Directive was so well established, suddenly Kirk is ordered to make contact with the Melkotians despite the fact that they aren't interested? No reason was ever given, it still infuriates me to this day.

While I agree with your statement to a point it still does not excuse the rather slip shod handling of the third season. After all it's not like Spocks Brain was a brilliant story that simply lacked funding for proper execution. Rather it was an idea that should have been shot down the moment it was brought up. The same for Spectre of the Gun. I'm sure there are other ones that could be named. Basically I think what happened is that quality control shut down and people who had no real knowledge of or interest in Star Trek and what it was about were let in to misdirect the creative process.

Well, i did not like Catspaw. Mostly because i thought that Sylvia was such a woff woff. SHe claim that she could be all women to Kirk, and then she turns into three or four of the most hideous looking women there ever were.

Yuck!

Well, i did not like Catspaw. Mostly because i thought that Sylvia was such a woff woff. SHe claim that she could be all women to Kirk, and then she turns into three or four of the most hideous looking women there ever were.

Yuck!

rofl2.gif

Yuck!

rofl2.gif

Come on, the cat thing was fairly cool!

Way to Eden is the worst for me. Yeah Brother

My fault! I should have done a better job editting the quote. I do agree with you TM, the Cat parts were cool, what I was laughing at was this;

SHe claim that she could be all women to Kirk, and then she turns into three or four of the most hideous looking women there ever were.

Yuck!

OH-NO! Here I go again! rofl2.gif

SPOCK'S BRAIN....writers with NO BRAINS!!!! When I first saw that episode, I felt sorry for Leonard Nimoy having to suffer through that script! UGH!!!!

My fault! I should have done a better job editting the quote. I do agree with you TM, the Cat parts were cool, what I was laughing at was this;
SHe claim that she could be all women to Kirk, and then she turns into three or four of the most hideous looking women there ever were.

Yuck!

OH-NO! Here I go again! rofl2.gif

Was it not the same actress with a different wig and clothing? I too wondered why she said she could be different women when she looked the same!

The last time someone on Star Trek said "I can be any woman you want" was Vina when speaking to Captain Pike. I would have been quite happy with the way she already looked (and by that I mean the way the actress looked and not the disfigured way that the character really looked). I've just ordered the episode of the Twilight Zone that she appears in, apparently it is quite good, have you seen it?

Yes, Vina was cute to start with, but sylvia. She was ugly times the speed of light!

Ok, yes, the cat was cool but that fact that we have to look and that woman (hag) kind of kills it for me and (my memory fails me) doesn't Kirk kiss her? (gag!) :laugh:

Guest Odo

I have to agree, The Way To Eden was pretty bad.