Sign in to follow this  
Tina

ADDICTED TO EBAY

Its Friday night- I should be out and drinking myself silly- Now that i have a good job and all. But I am sitting infront of my computer waiting for a dress on ebay to end. Everytime i find a dress (a 40s vintinge for Halloween) someone outbids me three seconds before it ends. This is like my third bidding war in the last month!

is any one else adicted to ebay?

I was willing to spend 30 on a drsss that was 10 but it went to 40..WHAT? Sad thing is in the heat of the moment i am willing to pay

I occasionally will check to see if anyone's posted a good quality DS9/FC yellow uniform... Still looking for one :assimilated: Anyone?

I don't trust Ebay but recently, after recommendation, I tried Amazon and it is the most easiest thing I've seen! This has been the first thing I have bought online, a Trek video.

I'm new to buying online and I used Amazon because all my lecturers use it. :P :assimilated: I trust Amazon because I can guarantee I can get the item I requested.

Bidding online and buying second hand is pathetic because who knows the seller? They could be lying! YES, that has happened.

I like EBAY. I check it every day for stuff I'm looking for. Its usually stuff pertaining to my numerous hobbies.

AND I JUST LOST THAT DRESS!! GRRR

You gotta learn how to snipe!... :assimilated:

I have no credit card, so i don't use ebay (no, the mail thing doesn't work with my PO BOX). I use amazon.com to buy anything i really need, as i can pay with cheque/money order and, as cara said, it guarantees that i will get my thing.

I have no credit card, so i don't use ebay (no, the mail thing doesn't work with my PO BOX). I use amazon.com to buy anything i really need, as i can pay with cheque/money order and, as cara said, it guarantees that i will get my thing.

355547[/snapback]

:blush 2: I used my dad's...

I think I have finally broken my bad Ebay habit! :assimilated:

Afew years ago I accumulated about $20,000 of guitars and musical equipment from Ebay purchases. And later when I become broke, sold all that same stuff back on Ebay!

I'm a big bargain hunter though, so wherever I can get a good deal that's not too good to be true.... :P

EBAY is good for some stuff.Especially stuff you can't find in a smaller town. And the prices on Vintage stuff is great! BUUUUT I think thats its also part conspiracy- I am sure studios and shop owners are bidding way up

i had a period last year where i won a lot of trek stuff on ebay. i saw how much i spent and took a break and bought a few things here and there. i haven't ebayed anything at all this yeah. my relatives are addicted to ebay this time of year for good deals for christmas. especially when it comes to me.

tm :frusty:

I don't buy a lot on eBay, but I've been a seller on there since the late 90's. I've had two different seller accounts on there, the first one from the late 90's to very early 00's kind of got lost to time. I sold a lot of computers that I built, back then but I have no idea what the total dollar amount of sales were. If I were to guess, I'd say probably in the $25,000 to $35,000 range. 

On my current seller account, which I've had going since 2002, I just looked up the total dollar amount of sales since then and was blown away by the total amount. Almost $98,000.00. Of course, that's spread out over 18 years worth of selling. In all that time, zero negative feedback, all positive.