Sign in to follow this  
MANVERU

Should it have happened?

Should he have died?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should he have died?

• Yeah, he was getting a bit old, and boring.
    • Yeah, I guess
    • Meh, either way is fine for me
    • No way man!
    • I drop to my knees every time I see his departure. I loved Data!!!

Nemesis reminded me alot of Wrath of Khan I think thats why I liked it and it sure the hell was better then Insurrection

KHAAAANNNN!!!!!

It was Like Spock's death and rebirth

Nemesis reminded me alot of Wrath of Khan I think thats why I liked it and it sure the hell was better then Insurrection

KHAAAANNNN!!!!!

I also liked it better than "Insurrection" ( :P ). Which is not hard... considering how much I dislike that movie... :P

KHAAAANNNN!!!!!

I also liked it better than "Insurrection" ( :o ). Which is not hard... considering how much I dislike that movie... :P

Last month I came across my "Insurrection" dvd and watched it for the first time since I saw it in the theater. GOD......that movie is awful!!! I actually cringed at some of the ridiculous scenes like the Atari joystick steering the Enterprise!.. :P

SeeingEyeBorg is horny. :P

well your gonna see her at shore leave aren't ya?

I don't think that Van Roy is going to fly clear across the USA just to attend a Trek con. If he wanted to, though, it would be great. We would have a blast!

I'm glad Data died, how can an android keep getting fatter, think about it!

eeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh......

you are too cynical...

Brent is a great actor and his character didn't deserve such an end!

Insurrection was dull. The only good part was with the battle betweent the Son'a and the Enterprise. Nemesis wasn't all that bad. It had some great effects, especially when the bridge was blown out and that Ensign was sucked into the void. Amazing.

Data isn't truly gone. If you can recall, all his memories and programming was transfered to B4. B4 maybe too primitive hardware wise. So really, if they can upgrade his parts to Data's level or better, that programming should kick in and bada-boom, bada-bing: Data's back.

I just saw a German made 3D fan film of the TNG crew after Nemesis. It was like the TNG crew version of "The Search For Spock". More like "The Search For Data". In it they said B4 was the one whom actually saved Picard and died, that he was made after Data and programmed to protect him. So he disabled Data's higher functions and took his place. What they need to re-enable it is on the USS Enterprise-D in Data's quarters. So now they're going back to the crash site on Veridian III (If I spelled it right) to get it.

Insurrection was dull. The only good part was with the battle betweent the Son'a and the Enterprise. Nemesis wasn't all that bad. It had some great effects, especially when the bridge was blown out and that Ensign was sucked into the void. Amazing.

"Correction: That's blown out Sir," - Data "The Naked Now"

I just watched "Insurrection" in hi-def yesterday.................it still sucked.........

yes it did...no matter how you watch it, it still sucks. to this day i wonder what frakes was smoking or drinking when he made this movie

I'm glad Data died, how can an android keep getting fatter, think about it!

eeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh......

you are too cynical...

Brent is a great actor and his character didn't deserve such an end!

Quoted for truth :) However, at least Data died saving everyone which is still a lot more than Worf,Wesley, or that aging mess Lwaxana ever did. :)

Killing Data made sense... it gave the opportunity for a Trek captain to eulogize with "Of all the souls I've encountered, his was the most....... human."

Which would have the ultimate tipoff that Data actually survived, finding someway to get out.

i think it was mostly he knew what picard was gonna do as a worse-case situation if picard couldn't destroy the reman ship. not to mention he looked at picard mainly as a mentor of understanding humanity better than anyone he's ever encountered.

It was ironic that Data died (aside from Tasha) the first out of all 7 of them. He would have been the one that you would have expected to live on forever. However, as with all things Trek, he downloaded his "memory engrams" into what was essentially a duplicate body just before he went, leaving a doorway for Brent to come back as B4 should there be any further movies. B4 could then of course be a sort of a copy of Data complete with memories, maybe personality etc although wouldn't obviously BE Data, since he would be dead.

I always thought that it would have been cool, if Brent was getting too old to play Data (which he was a wee bit), then the movie series could have "dispensed" with the body (maybe with some sort of accident) and then have Data live on in the ships computer. Having Data as the voice and control of the Enterprise would have been cool. Maybe the start of AI running Starfleet ships as a sort of back up ...

... bit like the cartoon series Ulysses...