Is Deana Troi Hot?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is Deana Troi Hot?

• *Drools*
    • Attractive
    • Meh
    • Not my type of gal
    • *vomits*

I learned that before TNG started, Marina Sirtis was supposed to play Tasha Yar and Denise Crosby was to play Deanna Troi. Oh why did they change it?!?

I learned that before TNG started, Marina Sirtis was supposed to play Tasha Yar and Denise Crosby was to play Deanna Troi. Oh why did they change it?!?

354935[/snapback]

From ST: TNG Companion:

Berman and Justman liked both actresses in those roles but eventually GR switched them, deciding Sirtis's appearance was better suited to the empathic alien counselor than to the Latino security chief. "Once we had an 'exotic' for Deanna Troi, it seemed logical that we should have a different physical type for the head of security," Justman recalled. "We didn't want to have another brunette." At that point Macha Hernandez became Natasha Yar...

That doesn't really make sense. I still think it would have ended up better the other way around.

Playing Deanna Troi or in movies

Marina Sirtis is a fine looking lady.

Women can see other women as attractive without making them any less of a woman :wink2:

That Sam Neill is one hot bod, right?

:dude:

I am really glad to hear that MB. .

354838[/snapback]

:dude::hug::hug:

Well there is something sensual about Troi, and she's not in your face like 7 or T'Pol.

I think subtle is definitely more lasting for a relationship.

Edited by Madame Butterfly

Some people think Dr. Crusher is better looking YUK. She totally turned me off. I also was attracted to Troi. Even in the early episodes. She has a perfect figure. The only time she looked bad was in First Contact. She looked tired.

Some people think Dr. Crusher is better looking YUK. She totally turned me off. I also was attracted to Troi. Even in the early episodes. She has a perfect figure. The only time she looked bad was in First Contact. She looked tired.

356623[/snapback]

Hey...you'd look tired too after pulling an alnight bender with Zephram Cochran. :(

This topic is so retarded.

Yet I must respond.

Crusher over Troi any day of the week.

Troi was eeh, she was just old... and I dunno, so, clingy.

Crusher'd be a women with some self-reliance, someone who would be a part of your life (and look great too) but also wouldn't hang on you with some whiny "Am I making the right decision" wheedly voice at EVERY turn.

Troi was eeh, she was just old

Old? What do you consider old? Crusher was older that Troi.

and I dunno, so, clingy

Troi can cling onto me anytime... :eyebrow:

Troi was eeh, she was just old... and I dunno, so, clingy.

358837[/snapback]

Old? What do you consider old? Crusher was older that Troi.

358860[/snapback]

I agree with Kor. What do you consider old, Capt. Vash? When TNG started Marina Sirtis was 27 (she's now 45). Gates McFadden, on the other hand, was 38 when TNG started and is now 56 (based on what is her actual birthdate, not the fake one she gave to Paramount).

Edited by Takara_Soong

I don't know, watching the series, Crusher seems much more youthful, in appearence and attitude.

Maybe it's because my mother is a teacher and as part of that has a phsyce degree, and I see aspects of her in Troi, which puts me off completely.

Another big thing is that Troi as a character has these emotional needs, for companionship and loyalty and usually it seems like she isolates herself from these things, until almost out of the blue BAM she acts like a giggly school girl for an episode.

Another mother-related thing, She asks questions she already knows the answer too, ALL THE TIME, my mom does that, cannot stand it for a second.

In short, I do not find Troi attractive, she strikes me as being "old" (maybe maturity wise if not old of body) and they put her character in some real ugly suits.

7 of 9 looked great in the cat suits, would make quite glad that I didn't have to wear one, and further stand up.

But on her, they just don't do it, Troi looks better, Younger even, in a uniform.

The Doctor........ 56!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

even at her age she still looks pretty damn good

358971[/snapback]

I was looking at some pictures of her from the 2005 Grand Slam convention and she was looking rather old. Maybe it was the lighting and I don't think she was wearing any make-up?

Edited by Takara_Soong

Troi looked much better after they put her in the Starfleet uniform. I LOVE that episode "Chain of Command" when Captain Jellico basically told her to start acting like a professional and wear her regulation SF uniform like all the other officers. That was a killer ep and I thought that acting captain was just AWESOME. I often wondered why Picard put up with Troi overstepping her place and parading about in civilian clothing (which did indeed show her ever-fluctuating weight!)

Gates McFadden looks incredible! What is her secret? I can't believe she is 56!

I don't know much about girls looks, but I would say OK... Look I really don't know, I just don't see why people fouces on looks when it's the personality the counts over time.

Well Stated Capt. Picard. But, that leads to the question of why you decided to look at this topic in the first place. :blink:

Troi looked much better after they put her in the Starfleet uniform. I LOVE that episode "Chain of Command" when Captain Jellico basically told her to start acting like a professional and wear her regulation SF uniform like all the other officers. That was a killer ep and I thought that acting captain was just AWESOME. I often wondered why Picard put up with Troi overstepping her place and parading about in civilian clothing (which did indeed show her ever-fluctuating weight!)

I agree that Troi looked much better in her uniform than in some of those catsuits although I do like that turquoise number with the slanted neckline.

As for Picard allowing her to wear civilian clothing, I heard somewhere that he felt it made her more accessable as a counsellor for the crew if she wore civies. I have no idea where I heard that though.

^I think it was mentioned in that "Chain of Command" episode. I definitely heard that same thing stated about her civilian clothing.

I watched Chain of Command on DVD last night and when Jellico tells Troi to wear the standard uniform when she's on duty, she only says "of course, sir" and then leaves the ready room. I'm sure we'll eventually see the episode where it's said if it is said in an episode. lol

I don't remember that ever being said in an episode. It sounds like something a fan would say rather than a character.