Sign in to follow this  
NordicBearskin

What's the BEST Star Trek book you have ever read?

Hands down......My all time favorite book is Imzadi by Peter David......

I actually cried at the end of the book.......A first for me......LOL

Federation by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens.........that should have been the TOS/TNG cross over movie :b-day:

also for TOS fans The Last Round Up by Chriten Golden :martok:

Edited by Spudgun

TOS books are my favs, and in particular:

Uhura's Song

How Much For Just the Planet? (My original inspiration to write my own stories)

Ishmael

Spock's World

The IDIC Epidemic

The Romulan Way

Black Fire

Crisis on Centaurus

Memory Prime

(I'm sure I'm missing a couple here. Anyway - must haves in my library are Uhura's Song, How Much..., Memory Prime, and Crisis on Centaurus.)

TNG: Really, I enjoyed "Q-in-Law" the most

DS9: The Siege - NOT a novelization of the episode

Edited by LadyNarana

Wow I have a lot of favorites... I realy like TOS books.. My ALL TIME favorites are:

My Enemy, My Ally

Dreadnaught!

Battlestations!

How Much For Just The Planet

If you don't like Kirk as much dreadnaught and its sequel, battlestations are realy good. The main character is NOT Kirk (beleive it or not :bow: ), but a young crew-chic...

Equinox is a great book if you are a VOY fan it deals more indepth than just what the episode protrays and it will give a much more emotional account on the two crews encountering each other.

Note: If your a crier then get some tissues handy :)

any thing by peter david.

OMG, he is the most awesome author! Anything by him is a favorite!

I also really liked:

=/\=Vulcan's Heart

=/\=The Lost Era: 2360: Catalyst of Sorrows

=/\=Q's Guide to the Continuum

For me, i think Final Frontier by Diane Duane would be the one. It has to do with (what i consider) to be the ACTUAL first voyage of the USS Enterprise and Captain Robert April :laugh:. And yes i do consider it canon :laugh:.

"I, Q" is my favorite book of all time. It was very funny.

I wonder, has anyone ever read shakespear in klingon? And is any of it REALLY as good as the officers in Undiscovered Country claim it is? :roflmao:

I wonder, has anyone ever read shakespear in klingon? And is any of it REALLY as good as the officers in Undiscovered Country claim it is? :roflmao:

I have hard time with English let alone Klingon. :eekout:

I'm reading one right now called the Great Starship Race. It's pretty good. It envolves the Romulans and it's an original crew book. It's one of my favorites.

My favorite star trek novel was "The Return" written by william shatner (actually a very good writer as i have many of his star trek books). Of course it involves the borg which make the story so much more interesting. My second favorite came out of the "Day of Honor" klingon collection which consisted of six klingon novels. It was called "Treaties Law" which was set in TOS series time.

oh almost forgot........The stargazer series is really cool and interesting. It is about Picards first command and shows how he progresses from a timid young captain to the leader we know him to be now. My only complaint with them is that they are fairly short (book #1 is only 266 pages) but very good none the less.

Right now I am reading 'A Stitch in Time' by Andrew Robinson..It's quite an accomplishment for me to read a book since my time is so limited between this site, my Trek DVDs, Gardening and of course the Trek Trivia Forum..But I am enjoying it..I highly reconmend it.. <_<

This is VERY tough... Tis a tie between Homecoming Part I and II (Part II is called The Farther Shore) and The Hologram's Handbook (by The EMH as told to Robert Picardo <_< ) I would recommend both of them to you!!!

Edit: added apostrophe...

Edited by Commodore -Harry Kim-

I'm reading a library book right now.

It is called "In The Name Of Honor" by Dayton Ward. This book is a must read.

Click for Spoiler:

#97 STAR TREK: IN THE NAME OF HONOR is centered around the original crew.

Click for Spoiler:

SUMMARY: Delicate peace talks between the Federation and the Klingon Empire become complicated when Capt. Kirk discovers that Starfleet prisoners of war are being held captive on a remote jungle planet. Now, with the unexpected assistance of an old adversary, Kirk embarks on a daring rescue mission, knowing that if he fails, the Federation will deny any knowledge of his intentions. But powerful forces within the Klingon government are determined to keep the shameful secret of the hostages' existence, even if it means abliterating every last trace of the prisoners-- and anyone who comes to save them!

The Return by Bill Shatner. The only book I have ever bothered to read twice because I enjoyed it so much :clap:

This one may not be the best, but it's one of my favorites. "I, Q" by John DeLancie & Peter David is an old one, but definitely worth reading (if you like Q). :laugh:

If your a Voyager fan: Homecoming (Paramount should consider making a 2 part TV Movie based on these books).

The Double Helix is a great series to read (great crossovers too).

If your a DS9 fan: Unity was also very good (return of Sisko). (Paramount should consider a mini series based on this and the books before it, telling the story of what's happened on the Station since the last episode with Sisko's return being the climax).

If you've never read anything Trek and want to read something outside the Mainstream then you have to read Star Trek: New Frontier. This series of books is what started me off into reading Trek books. This series is great reading!!!

@ StarfleetMarine...The Lost Years was a great book it's been a long time since I read it. I liked The Kobiashi Maru. It told what all TOS characters did on their test.