Who Was Their Greatest Enemy?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Their Greatest Enemy?

• The Suliban
    • The Xindi
    • The Andorians
    • The Vulcans
    • other

I was just wondering, who do you consider to have given the crew of the Enterprise the most trouble? In ways, all of them have, but I'd still say that it was the Suliban who were their main problem.

Why I added Vulcans is because of the war of the words they have had and restrictions more than actual fighting.

Of those listed I think it's the Xindi. The Andorians were really more like friends rather then enemies and the Vulcans weren't really enemies either. They weren't the best of friends, but not enemies.

The Xindi were the worst enemies. They caused the most loss of the crew. They took them away from their original goals of space exploration. They brought out the best and worst in the crew.

The Xindi.

They did try and almost succeed to completely remove humans from the universe, it's hard to top that.

Personally I liked the Suliban, they reminded me of the Gorn a little bit!

Brannon Braga, Rick Berman and Manny Coto.

352234[/snapback]

Yeah these guys usually get the stick from certain people but (in the case of the first two) they have been involved with Star Trek since TNG so I think the argument falls flat. Anyway I think that Enterprise was a huge boost from the previous installment - I for one congratulate Brannon, Rick and most of all Manny, who really got the style closer to the original series! :laugh:

Well that's the thing that annoys me.

Berman and Braga WERE capable of good work. It simply didn't happen on ENT or VOY.

I don't know what happened to their talent. I really don't.

Coto never impressed me at all.

Well that's the thing that annoys me.

Berman and Braga WERE capable of good work. It simply didn't happen on ENT or VOY.

I don't know what happened to their talent. I really don't.

Coto never impressed me at all.

352239[/snapback]

Well that is were I think you are wrong. In my opinion the three writers mentioned did very well on Enterprise.

Well the primary enemy was either the Sphere Builders or the Mysterious Future Man.

Which I think is a shame because the Suliban were far more interesting.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that in a later incarnation of Star Trek, the Suliban may come back to be developed, though they may need a re-vamp.

I don't think I'd include the Suliban as a whole on this list. There were "bad guy" Suliban but as we learned in "Detained" they were just a faction of enhanced Suliban that were being used as pawns in the Temporal Cold War.

Of course the Xindi were just pawns too but with them an entire season was devoted to fighting a war with them.

When you think about it - the future guy/people were responsible for making the Xindi enemies as well - so I'd have to say they were the biggest threat to the Enterprise.

Dont' forget the Klingons - they had a price on Archer's head.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

When you think about it - the future guy/people were responsible for making the Xindi enemies as well - so I'd have to say they were the biggest threat to the Enterprise.

Dont' forget the Klingons - they had a price on Archer's head.

352261[/snapback]

I agree, the 'future people' were responsible for not only the threat of the Suliban and the Xindi, but because of their interference, they may have changed the timing and nature of contact and interaction with the Klingons, Romulans, and practically everything else that happened in the series.

No one had an effect on the entire series like the 'futures'.

I voted other - get real people the Borg would have turned up and assimilated these people in their sleep cycles.

You do know that the Borg showed up on Enterprise, right?