Sign in to follow this  
APW

Embarrasing nicknames

So,fess up...what is your embarrassing nickname?

Most of the people I know have had one pinned on them by somebody...their parents,a sibling,a boyfriend or girlfriend.

Back in the 70s when Mork & Mindy was popular,Mork had an alien pet that looked like a tribble.He called it "Bebo".

Well,at the time (I was about 5 or 6) my mother decided that my head full of curly brown hair looked like Mork's pet and began calling my Bebo.

From that time until she passed away this May,she would call me that and not my given name,despite the fact that it embarrassed the heck out of me.Especially when she called me Bebo at school or in front of women... :blush 2:

Now all my nephews and nieces call me that.Uncle Bebo (except for one nephew who insists on calling me "Uncle Brother"). :rolleyes:

I guess it doesn't bother me much anymore.

Barbie Girl. 'Cause I've had a new fringe. (Hello, Barbie's not got a fringe!) A lot of people call me one of the following:

Cozz

Cozza

Cozzy

Cozza Rozza.

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

My brother has an Irish name that begins with B, and my Mom dubbed him Boo, which we of course worsened by calling him "Boo Boo", like Yogi Bears little friend.

One of his best friends from childhood got married and my parents were invited. The Inn where they stayed had an open courtyard, and my brother and his wife were sitting there having drinks with people they hadn't seen since high school and university.

My Mother stepped out on the balcony attached to the room my folks were in, started waving her arm [she can put any air traffic controller to shame]and in her best Edith Bunker voice started yelling,

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

BOO BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

Needless to say my brother was embarrassed beyond belief and did his best to ignore her. :rolleyes:

:) I just realized I forgot to mention any of mine!! :lol:

*cough*

:hug: B)

I'm the youngest child.

Great deal of age difference between myself and my two oldest siblings.

Because I was the last one in diapers, my eldest brother affectionately dubbed me, Pooh.

Wait, it gets worse. :hug: :)

So my two youger brothers decided it should be Pooh-ey.

Wait, it gets worse. :rolleyes: :lol:

Then they saw a television program about farms, and they showed how they called pigs.

So they took the pooh-ey, and began to call me as they do with pigs to get them to come home for "dinner".

To this day they call me poohey like a pig when they want me or are in the mood to tease. :)

I never had any that embarrassed me. As a child my brother's friends called me Sklevin or Sklev for short. I don't know why or how they came up with that one but for a few years that was my name around the neighborhood lol

Nothing really embarrassing... well, wait a minute. There is the one my mom calls me, all because I mispronounced Montgomery. I said it as Mont a mergie(this was back when I was 9 or 10). Now that was only part of the nickname, the rest.. well... it is really kinda embarassing to the point I am not going to finish the name. Though there is a lesser known cartoon character that has a similar name.

Some of my other nicknames:

"Short stuff" (one of my coworkers call me that)

"Crash" (my former doctor, after I had my nose broken at work in 2001... then the name came back to haunt me when my arm was severely and permanently injured at work in 2003. But then... if people know me well enough, I guess that nickname kinda fits LOL)

"Jigglypuff" (yes as in the Pokemon & Super Smash Bros character. My brother and a few of my former students said I reminded them of her. So one year I performed a gymnastics routine to "Song of the Jigglypuff" and the nickname kinda stuck. Not to mention she is one of my favorite characters to play in SSMB & when I played Pokemon)

"Sunshine" (a couple of the regular customers where I work used to call me that.. saying that for taht early in the morning I was always "bright and cheery".)

"Red" ( another handful of customers called me that as well as classmates in college... on the grounds that my hair naturally has a red/auburn tint to it, but I had dyed it bright red a few times)

"Lynsk" (is a pet name my mom has for me... not embarassing in the slightest, I actually kinda like it. And besides, my real name... was her nickname/pet name that my grandmother gave her. No, Lynn is not in my name at all...nor was my name in my mother's real name)

EmilSoong and I sometimes call each other "Gershmerkamertian". It was a name given to a friend of our's doll and we thought it was funny. My sister had gotten a doll and named it that too... then we kept calling each other that and it stuck. Sometimes we shorten it to "Gershmerk" or "Shmerk"

And last of all.... appropriately for STF. "Android" is another of my nicknames

I never had any embarassing nickname but I can remember the first time I saw my birth certificate - I was probably around eight and I didn't understand how I could be that person because the name was different. I was always called by a common nickname for my real name - until I was in the 8th grade when I told all the teachers to call me by my real name. They tried but the nickname stuck until I left home and moved to another state. Since I moved back all my family and most people at church call me by the nickname - at work etc I am known by my real name. I have personal dislike about naming a kid one thing and calling him/her something else.

i've had a couple of gym teachers call me some embarrassing nicknames. one called me ter bear. the other took the first 4 letters of my last name and added dog. to it and since it rhymes with a body fluid people started calling me that with the dog. so i wasn't happy about that.

tm :rolleyes:

Nothing that bothers me; I actually kindof like the nicknames I have now.

7th grade- "Clay-boy"

Now ---3rd yr college---, I'm "Claymond" and "Grandpa" (I'm the responsible one who drives a large car and gives people "the dad look" when they misbehave :laugh: ).

I have a motto of saying,

"You don't like it? Megabite me * :laugh: * ."

It's off Bruce Almighty but I love it. I'm mad on computers. My friend once called me 'Megabiter' for a joke, but she doesn't anymore. :yahoo:

*Megabite_Me*

My older brother David,has a worse nickname than I do....

We call him "Goober" (which he loathes :laugh: ).

His grandad (which is not mine,we had different dads) pinned that on him in infancy,since to that old Arkansas peanut farmer,his grandson's head looked like a peanut! :yahoo:

We've even got his new wife calling him that now.

Of course,since he's about 6'4'' and weighs about 280 (muscle,not fat...this guy tosses motors around all day at his garage),I never call him that unless I have an avenue of escape.

I have too many, but mostly, people call me ducky, because I collect rubber ducks. One other one is just sad, they call me bat girl, because im always running into them and i even wear glasses. :)

Jimbo really annoys me, don't ask me why. I'm also called Jimmy, which gets to me because it makes me feel like I'm 5. "Too Tall" was one I got while I was on the USS Georgia. At 6'7" at the time, on a Submarine, the nickname fit. But, it has stuck!

my dad has always called me "sneakers" and my mom calls me baby girls. i get kinda annoying when they actually call me that in public just so they can embarrass me.

Being who I am I have many nicknames...

Pop-tart boy... got brun by the frosting of a pop-tart.

Smack-u... I have no idea, but I've had that since I can remember.

Trekkie... if you don't know your on the wrong site.

Swag-man... my last name.

Sawganater... my last name again.

...and there are others, there just not right for me to say on a place like this.

Here's one I gave one of the guys in my reserve unit, who's a bit slow.

Gomer. "Hey, Gomer, you get that coffee ready yet?" "Hey, Gomer, shine your shoes."

*waits to see if anyone knows where the nickname Gomer comes from.*

Here's one I gave one of the guys in my reserve unit, who's a bit slow.

Gomer. "Hey, Gomer, you get that coffee ready yet?" "Hey, Gomer, shine your shoes."

*waits to see if anyone knows where the nickname Gomer comes from.*

homer? homer simpson?

Kitty the sexy werewolf.

This happened just before Halloween of 04, when I was working at a haunted house as a werewolf with my now ex boyfriend and one of my friends. The friend was a girl and she was dressed as a 'zombie princess' and my ex was dressed as a monster hunter that looked like a cross between Neo and Van Helsing, which owned. But when we where resting in the dog pound cage where I was stationed just before we where set to go out and do our thing. Zombie Princess called said. "Oh Kitty, you're such a sexy werewolf!"

Worse than that one of the older guys working there over heard it, he played another werewolf, and has called me it ever since.

Well, I have one that I am not fond of, but which sadly my family considered accurate description of me as a child.

They called my Crabby Appleton when I was young.

The name comes from a cartoon in the sixties ( alas before the time of most of you!), if I even recollect correctly. There was a cartoon called Tom Terrific ( and he had a wonder dog who I think was called Manfred. And there a mad scientist in the cartoon who was always frowning, and his name was Crabby Appleton. That is who my family dubbed me...parents and siblings alike!)

The redeeming part of this story is that my parents always emphasized that they loved us unconditionally, so I was no less loved because I was regarded as 'cranky.'

Appearently, I'm "The walking Teddy Bear". Someone has one of my more memorable lines in their sig, and the credit says "Gary Phaserman, AKA "The Walking Teddy Bear". Thanks, Krissy. Love ya!