Sign in to follow this  
MANVERU

Did he deserve a name?

Did the doctor deserve a name?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Did the doctor deserve a name?

• Absaloutely!
    • Meh.
    • That piece of slime was worthless, of course not!

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but I'm mainly a fan of TNG. and havnt watched an episode of Voyager in some time

anyway, did he deserve a name to be called by?

And what would you have called him?

Well, I don't think he was worthless but I also don't think he needed a mortal name. What was he called? EMP? Well I guess Emp will have to be his name, then :wink2:.

He's called the EMH, not the EMP :lol: :lol:

To me, he's just the "Holo-doc" or "The Doctor". I'm glad he never found a name. It'd have taken me years to get used to it. :frusty: I'm not good at remembering names anyway. :blush:

Shows how much I paid attention to Voyager.....

I thought he had a name.

Zimmerman something-or-other....

He was originally supposed to pick Zimmerman (early close captioning identifies him as Dr. Zimmerman). Interestingly enough, Jeri Ryan's real last name was Zimmerman.

The Doctor did go through a series of names, in alternate timelines and such. Schwitzer (Heroes and Demons), van Gogh & Mozart (Before and After), Schmullus (Lifesigns) (which Picardo wrote that the Doctor called himself from time to time), Joe (Endgame), and Kenneth (Real Life).

I just prefer to call him Doctor.

at least they didn't go " computer run hey you " and when they were done " computer end hey you." i liked him being called doctor. it was definitely better than hey you. his search for a name made him more enjoyable.

tm :lol:

He's called the EMH, not the EMP  :lol:  :lol:

To me, he's just the "Holo-doc" or "The Doctor". I'm glad he never found a name. It'd have taken me years to get used to it.  :frusty:  I'm not good at remembering names anyway.  :blush:

350769[/snapback]

:lol: Electro-Magnectic Pulse....

Never was good with names or faces either, unless they referred unto trivia. :hug:

He's called the EMH, not the EMP  :lol:  :lol:

To me, he's just the "Holo-doc" or "The Doctor". I'm glad he never found a name. It'd have taken me years to get used to it.  :frusty:  I'm not good at remembering names anyway.  :blush:

350769[/snapback]

I figured that out a little too late :lol:

:hug: Electro-Magnectic Pulse....

Never was good with names or faces either, unless they referred unto trivia. :o

I thought it stood for Emergency Medical Program. I always knew that might not have been right :wink2:

Edited by sea trooper

I liked him best as the ECH

Emergency Command Hologram.

but yah, he deserves a name.

But lacking a name was suitable for his character.

He was originally supposed to pick Zimmerman (early close captioning identifies him as Dr. Zimmerman). Interestingly enough, Jeri Ryan's real last name was Zimmerman.

The Doctor did go through a series of names, in alternate timelines and such. Schwitzer (Heroes and Demons), van Gogh & Mozart (Before and After), Schmullus (Lifesigns) (which Picardo wrote that the Doctor called himself from time to time), Joe (Endgame), and Kenneth (Real Life).

350784[/snapback]

where did u get kenneth?

350784[/snapback]

where did u get kenneth?

351086[/snapback]

In Real Life (VGR), the Doctor's holo-family calls him Kenneth.

It's not a factor of whether he deserved a name or not. "The Doctor" effectively was his name for all intents and purposes and frankly I think that was the best name for him.

I believe that he deserved as name, after all, he is sentinent.

But I'm also quite used to call him for holo - doc or Doctor.

:(

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but I'm mainly a fan of TNG. and havnt watched an episode of Voyager in some time

350685[/snapback]

Even a dog deserves a name. I'd have probably named him Reed. I could see him as "Dr. Reed". It fits.

I was watching an episode from the Voyager box set.

Its the first season, 3rd disc

There was a problem with the Holo-Deck, and the Doc was sent on his first away mission.

He called himself

Swietser

I dont think I spelled it right

But thats a starrt I think!

350685[/snapback]

Even a dog deserves a name. I'd have probably named him Reed. I could see him as "Dr. Reed". It fits.

351321[/snapback]

Dr. Reed wouldn't really work now since we already have Malcolm Reed on Enterprise :(

Yes, of course. He had a lot of character development and he was able to grow as a person.

But actually, don't ask me that question because I named my calculator, my laptop and all of my stuffed animals. :(

Absolutely he deserved one. And in fact, they talked about it so often throughout some of the shows I'm really surprised they never gave him a name before the end..It would have been interesting to see him insist the crew call him by name..