Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Star Wars vs. Star Trek (movies)

I've known Star Wars as long as I can remember. While I only started up Star Trek a couple of years ago. So I'm definitely a lightsaber welding SW fanatic first and a trekkie second. I don't really think of ST and SW in the same vein though. ST is, to me, grounded in reality, while SW is Fantasy. I simply prefer the second because reality is, quite often, depressing.

I find it amusing that no what SW detractors will say, the ST movies owe a debt of gratitude to the SW movie. Without the latter reenergizing the genre, it might have been years or perhaps never before the first Star Trek movie came out (and later, the next series).

If we're comparing only movies, no series, then I have to go with Star Wars. Including the new trilogy. I love them all and Attack of the Clones is my favorite of them all. I'm watching that as I type this. I'm one of those people you see on the news standing in line at midnight to see the first showing. star-wars-smiley-054.gif

I'm a Trekkie first and foremost but I really love Star Wars IV-VI. I was disappointed with Menace but waiting 20 years for a movie will do that. Still haven't seen Clones although I have promised RC I will watch it soon.

There's 3 ways to compare the Trek & Wars movies:

Star Wars vs. Star Trek (movies)

Original Star Wars Trilogy vs. TOS movies

New Star Wars Trilogy vs. TNG movies

Anywho, which do you prefer?

I myself think the original Star Wars trilogy and the TOS movies were equal in quallity while the TNG movies blow the new Star Wars trilogy out of the water! :lol:

Now that is a know brainer star trek of corse!

Give me Star Trek over Star Wars anytime,my favorite Star Trek films are: The Voyage Home and First Contact. :hug:

Concerning Star Wars I can't stand it

:lol:

Okay,I'll probably be murdered for this....

I prefer :clap: STAR WARS!!!!

George Lucas is brilliant and his Star Wars films have been simply awesome....

Star Trek is great,but compared to the Star Wars universe,the Trek universe is too bland....

Star Wars has superior alien make-ups,superior starship designs,a superior overall storyline (all in my opinion)

And none of the Star Wars films has ever tanked at the box office...........

Also,Star Wars doesn't limit itself to film or tv,it continues its official continuity in novels and comics,and all of the myriad authors have added their own unique rich textures and colors to the Star Wars universe...

Also George Lucas has never been as anti-fan as Rick Berman/Paramount seems to be.......

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Also,Star Wars doesn't limit itself to film or tv,it continues its official continuity in novels and comics

Actually, Star Wars Novels And Books Aren't Canon Either, Except For A Select Few.

But, That Is Being Argued By The Fans On A Thread Over There, lol

Oh Well :clap:

Also,Star Wars doesn't limit itself to film or tv,it continues its official continuity in novels and comics

Actually, Star Wars Novels And Books Aren't Canon Either, Except For A Select Few.

But, That Is Being Argued By The Fans On A Thread Over There, lol

Oh Well :clap:

Where did you hear this?I have Star Wars encyclopedias and reference books published by George Lucas and they include all novels (events,battles,characters,ships,weapons,worlds,etc)...

:dude:

It's True The Refrence Books List Everthing, But It's Been Stated That Only What Appears On Screen Is Canon.

Notice How Some Of The Books Contradict The Movies.

While I'm On That Subject.

Many People Were Upset That The Prequels "Screwed Up" The Books That Establish Things Of That Time Period.

But The Thing Is, Only The Stories That George Lucas Himself Writes Are Canon.

And Believe That Is What LucasFilm Has Explained About The Movies VS The Books.

But Ya Know, That Still Doesn't Keep Anyone From Enjoying The Books :clap:

One Of The Big Arguments Is Mara Jada Being In "Jedi", Which She Isn't, But Then A Book Came Along That Introduced Her And Said She Was A Jabba's Palace To Kill Luke, Then Some People Started Going Nuts Trying To Find Her In The Movie.

Some Have Actually Claimed To Have Seen Her. They Need Eye Examinations

oh...Okay,thanks for clearing that up.

Your right,I have the book where she claimed to have been on Jabba's Sailbarge,prepared to redirect Luke's lightsaber with the force,but did not....

I have actually looked for her on camera,but never saw a female that physically resembled her description in the novels...

Yeah,I suppose nobody would put "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" in the official continuity,since it was written just after "A New Hope",and had some goofy things going on there....

Cool. :clap: Sam knows his Star Wars!!!

Say,are you a Corellian smuggler?Need a sidekick?

Sam and Peewee....we'd be the next best thing since Han and Chewie :dude:

:dude:

Ok..Umm..Yeah, lol

I Heard "Splinter Of The Mind's Eye" Was Just Awful, lol

I Post Over At The Official Star Wars Forums. But I Guess You Figured That Out, lol :clap:

Star Trek,Star Trek, Star Trek

:( :) :bow:

Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars

:bow::bow: :(

Need I say more.

Well,despite the fact that I have been madly in love with Carrie Fisher for years,I have to say that Star Trek is my favorite of the two.I like the original Star Wars trilogy,wasn't too interested in episodes 1 and 2,and pay little attention to any other Star Wars items.But I avidly collect and seek out all things Star Trek. :saintdevil:

Not Sure If I Mentioned This Before, But In Terms Of The Movies As Stand Alones

I Prefer The Phantom Menace Over The Motion Picture, But First Contact Over The Phantom Menance, hehe

Wrath Of Khan And Empire Strikes Back....I Can't Live Without Either, LOL

I Also Like Attack Of The Clones Better Than A Few Of The Star Trek Movies..

Anyway....Both Have Something For Everybody....Luckily Everybody Includes Me, lol

:saintdevil:starwars.gif

Star Wars, they lack themes of humanity and self-perfection like Star Trek, but Star Wrs is just such a realease from the rest of the world. You can watch them and enjoy them (the Original Trilogy atleast, doubts arise with the Prequal Trilogy.) :blink: :lol:

I'm going to have to vote star wars on this one (the original trilogy). My fav is Empire Strikes Back. I liked the Star Trek movies my fav is TVH, I just think their are too many of them. I haven't seen them all yet, but I will. As for the Star Wars prequels they are fun but it's just not the same without the original actors. Although I do like Ewan Mcgregor and I loved Liam in the Phantom Menace. Even with the new special effects I still prefer the originals.

Well,despite the fact that I have been madly in love with Carrie Fisher for years,I have to say that Star Trek is my favorite of the two.I like the original Star Wars trilogy,wasn't too interested in episodes 1 and 2,and pay little attention to any other Star Wars items.But I avidly collect and seek out all things Star Trek. :grin:

;) Hey,Princess Leia is Mine!!!!

Do not anger a Hutt crime lord.

I can't choose between the two universes.I love them both.

I can't choose between the two universes.I love them both.

Ain't It Great? :eek:

Oh why can't more people be like us. Why can't we all just have The Best of Both Worlds? :eek::drool:

Is anyone else here registered on the Galactic Senate website?

TAKE A LOOK AT MY AVATAR (Not Star Wars,but I'd like to pretend I was a Jedi) AND SIGNATURE.

IF THAT DOESN'T TELL YOU MY ANSWER AS TO WHICH MOVIES I PREFER....

:drool:

:o Hey,Princess Leia is Mine!!!!

BE MINDFUL OF YOUR FEELINGS MY YOUNG PADAWAN.REMEMBER,ANGER AND JEALOUSY LEAD TO THE DARK SIDE AND ONCE YOU START DOWN THAT PATH....FOREVER WILL IT DOMINATE YOUR DESTINY.

Cool Signature Pic Dude :o :o

Thanks.

I browsed tons of sites for a Jedi signature,but the best I could come up with was R2.Well,I did find a breakdancing stormtrooper on a Star Wars site from Brazil.But,I didn't want to cut in on Stormtrooper HK554's schtick.

:o Hey,Princess Leia is Mine!!!!

BE MINDFUL OF YOUR FEELINGS MY YOUNG PADAWAN.REMEMBER,ANGER AND JEALOUSY LEAD TO THE DARK SIDE AND ONCE YOU START DOWN THAT PATH....FOREVER WILL IT DOMINATE YOUR DESTINY.

I don't want to be a Jedi.

Sith Lords rule!!!

:o

I prefer Star Trek.That universe and those characters seem much more familiar.I like Star wars,too.

I agree with you,Bananas.Sith Lords are cool.Too bad Darth Maul got taken care of in Episode I.He was my favorite.