Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

How did you find us?

So, how did you find this website?

I can't remember how I found it... I think I did a Google search for something Trek-related and saw a link to here and decided to check it out. It was close to a year ago...

EDIT: I'm pretty sure there was a topic like this before, but I can't find it...

Edited by wishfire

I think I did a Google search for something Trek-related and saw a link to here and decided to check it out.

345071[/snapback]

Same here! :bow: I did do a google search then I found a link to this site.

:laugh:

Edited by 3 of 7

My message board runs on the same platform software as this. It looks a lot different (as this board has a very custom skin) but is the same software (Invision Power Board). Anyway, I saw VaBeachGuy at their company forums (where I also post) and he had a link to this site in his signature. I've been a Star Trek fan since I was a kid, but never thought to join an ST forum. I checked it out and I like what I see. Trek fans aren't always common on forums, so it's nice to have a forum dedicated to Trek.

Edited by Dark Reality

Well someone at st.com who was in the st.com chatroom with us gave me this website since the st chatroom was being changed into more of a celebrity/book chatroom so I moved here and began my big postings along with the SN I had wanted in the first place I check in st.com every now and again.

:laugh::bow::bow::tear:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Well, 2 years ago I used to post on StarTrek.com a lot. I noticed this link in someones signiture but I didn't register here for about a year. The ST.com boards got really boring because there was loads of non- trek fans slagging us off so I left and came here after.

I wasn't so sure at first, this place seemed to big and proffessional, but I'm glad I made the right choice. Thank you, VBG! :laugh:

I had done loadz of Trek searches, and had been on here a couple of times, but it looked too big and scary lmao! .. but I finally surrendered! XD

I was in the ST.com chatroom... and I told everyone it was closing down... and someone said they had another site we might be able to use... for the chat... and then, someone who posts here(i can't remember the name) gave me this link and i showed up... i started off to a rough start, as i was warned little after i got here.. but, i came back... and now.. well, now i just laze around, post occasionally! :laugh:

I used to frequent the ST.com chat room, and was given this link, and I can't remember who gave it to me either, when that chat room was closed down/remodeled. I came here and used chat here for over a year until I started posting. This is a great site imo, but I still wish there were more chatters who visited on a more frequent basis (He says for the millionth time :laugh: ).

Came form St.com. Registered and post ed a bit but then left for a few months and then came back. Glad i did.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure there was a topic like this before, but I can't find it...

345071[/snapback]

It has, but different people are answering and different people are on the board now, so it is still valid to ask.

345071[/snapback]

It has, but different people are answering and different people are on the board now, so it is still valid to ask.

345071[/snapback]

345412[/snapback]

True, but if I could've found the old one, I could've bumped it up. And then the different people still would've answered it.

Oh, well, extra post for me. :laugh:

Gamera Sent me here from the Stomp, Thanks Gammera!

345096[/snapback]

you're very welcome :laugh:

How I got here is by similar story, I used to be a member of Bill Shatner's forum and then SpaceTigger happened to join the forum a little after I. I noticed the link under his sig and here I am. :bow:

I had just started posting over at ST.com 2 1/2 years ago, alongside a couple other people who migrated over here at about the same time. At ST.com, I stayed mainly on threads concerning TNG, and primarily any concerning Data (LOL, Go figure... I join here and I post most in Off Topic, Games, New Members and Science & Technology). I had found the link someone posted (either VBG or AE, I do not remember who since it has been so long), and had checked the site out. Another poster had suggested signing up here, and I followed suit (since I already was liking what I saw here). VBG and AE, I will always be grateful you posted the link at ST.com. Since that place had gotten really bad with the spammers at that point and time. And thanks to Takara, who had once suggested actually signing up here during a thread at ST.com. So, I joined.. and made friends quite quickly here (Like Data, who also helped me when I first joined here. I had no idea what was going on with the site, and he explained that it was a server update and the board would be back online soon. He also helped me with a few of the other features on the boards Since I had only posted at ST.com prior to joining here. And I honestly had no idea on how some of the features were supposed to work, like the colors and image tags and things like that.).

I was at ST.com for less than three weeks, and came here in March '03 and never went back to the ST.com boards(I still check out the main site occasionally). Being at this site has been wonderful :lol:

Edited by Yillara_Soong

When I became a Trek fan, Sam gave me the link to this site over at the (official) Star Wars boards.

For years, I've been on a number of boards with a friend who goes by the s/n ARMS, as well as BevFanK (both members here). I found the link to this place in K's signature. The rest is history. :lol:

I honestly can't remember, as much as I would love to :hug: , I think I found this website while using google for to look for Star Trek message boards, but I am really not sure.

All I know is that I've been here for a long time (and I'm not planning on leaving) :lol: