Sign in to follow this  
Angela

More incidents in London

there have been 4 incidents in London, three stations have had reports of smoke coming out, they are Oval, Warrent street and Shepards bush. and a small bus explosion.

As of now, there are no casualties. This comes 2 weeks from the London Bombings that took 50+ people.

A code Amber has been made, all trains are going to next station and passangers are being evacuated from the system.

There have been some reports of gun fire at one of the stations.

Watching CNN here in the states.

Take care my British mates.

We are with you in thought and prayer.

And what ever else you need !!!

It appears that the explosions were only the detonators of much larger bombs that went off, without setting off the explosives, there are eyewitness reports of scuffles breaking out early in the incidents against the perpertrators. Allah/god/jehova, whatever god you pray to saw what was going to happen and said no.

Sorry my rant over.

I have just this minute come back from shopping with my mum the news just came on the radio as she reversed into the driveway I could not believe what I was hearing all I heard was "Blair" and I just knew something was up...

Oh god bless those who lost their lives. :roflmao::yahoo:

because there were no major explosions, only detonators, no one officially has lost life today (thank you god) however there is one injured.

50 has died, more bombs... they know that they have us now. I don't think it'll stop there- they could attack again; in Manchester, Birmingham... :roflmao:

WE WILL GET YOU! :yahoo:

They don't have us. we carry on, mourn and bury our dead and live, the one thing they don't want.

Luckly no one was killed this time and the only major injurys were the terrorist themselves. people grabbed one that tried to get away and they beat the snot out of him and another was injured when his detonator went off. he's in the hospital surronded by the police.

From CNN:

More blasts hit London transport

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Four small explosions have hit three London Underground stations and a bus two weeks after the July 7 terror attacks, the city's police chief has said.

Thursday's lunch-hour attacks in the UK capital came two weeks to the day after bombs on three Tube trains and a bus killed 52 people and the four bombers.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair said the situation was "absolutely under control." He told reporters there had been "one confirmed casualty and that is not a fatality."

"We know that we've had four explosions or attempts at explosions. It is still pretty unclear as to what's happened.

"The bombs appear to be smaller than on the last occasion but we don't know the implications of all this yet and we're going to have to examine the scene very carefully.

"The explosions were pretty close to being simultaneous but it will take time to fully establish that," Blair added.

Scotland Yard said initial examinations at all four sites -- Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush stations and a bus in Hackney -- showed no trace of chemical agents.

Police also said they deployed armed officers to investigate an "incident" at University College Hospital, near Warren Street, where an explosive device went off aboard a train.

Police first rushed into the central London hospital amid reports that they were looking for a man, possibly Asian, with wires protruding from his top.

They were stood down but witnesses told Reuters they saw police vehicles returning to the hospital later in what appeared to be a continuing operation.

At a news conference, Prime Minister Tony Blair praised the police operation and urged Londoners to remain calm.

"We know why these things are done. They're done to scare people and to frighten them, to make them anxious and worried," he said.

Blair, who referred questions on operations to police and emergency services, told reporters: "Police and security services are pretty clear about what's happened.

"The police have done their very best and the security services, too, in this situation. And I think we just have got to react calmly and continue with our business as much as possible as normal."

Blair appeared with visiting Australian Prime Minister John Howard, who praised the resolve and bravery of the British people.

Amid the massive security alert across the British capital, armed police were seen on television drawing their guns near Blair's official Downing Street residence as they detained a man. There was no indication the man was linked to the blasts.

In the United States, the White House said President George W. Bush was informed of the incidents. (Full story)

Bus 'bang'

News of the incidents first came at 12:38 p.m. (7:38 a.m. ET). At 12:45 p.m., a call came in from Warren Street.

All three stations affected Thursday were evacuated, and four Tube lines -- Hammersmith & City, Victoria, Northern and Bakerloo -- were closed, according to London transport officials.

The area around Warren Street station was sealed off while the bomb squad checked for further explosive devices.

ITN reported authorities were pushing people further back from the station, and witnesses reported seeing men in chemical suits going down into the station.

Police later said after initial checks that no trace of chemical agents was found at any of the stations.

Meanwhile in east London, a bus driver reported a "bang" from the top of his double-decker in Hackney, according to the bus company's spokesman.

The spokesman said the windows of the bus were blown out, although this was denied by a police officer at the scene.

"I have seen the bus. There were no windows blown out," the officer told Reuters.

At Oval station there were reports of a man dumping a rucksack in a carriage then fleeing as the doors closed.

A witness told Sky News he heard a sound "like champagne popping" then passengers erupting in panic. (Witness accounts)

"As far as I know from what a lady at the top of the escalator was saying, someone came into the carriage, dumped the bag and ran out. Some people tried to stop him but he ran out."

He said: "I was in the carriage next to the one where the bag was. All of a sudden there was a popping, it sounded like champagne popping. I didn't think anything of it at the time but then I heard a lot of shouting from the next door carriage.

"People started saying, 'Smoke, smoke.' One of the train guys came through and said 'Get off the train, we're evacuating, everyone out'.

"As we were walking past the carriage we could see the bag sitting on the chair. It was a big, black rucksack, like the backpack-type ones that you get.

"When they got upstairs, people were really distressed, one lady was crying."

The ambulance service had no details on the Shepherd's Bush station incident.

Bryce Elder, a witness near the Shepherd's Bush station, said there was a heavy police presence but "no real sense of panic."

Police helicopters flew overhead, and areas near Shepherd's Bush station were evacuated. Elder said the station was not very busy.

CNN London producer Katie Turner reported a heavy police presence near the Oval station, including about 30 police vehicles. Roads about 500 meters from the station were blocked off to vehicular traffic, she said.

A woman who was on the train at Oval when the incident happened said she did not hear a bang but saw people pushing themselves into her carriage.

She said there was a general mood of panic. The train, which was moving when the incident happened, was not packed with people, she said.

One explosives expert told CNN the "sour smell" reported by people coming out of the Underground would likely have come from two sources: a rucksack catching fire; and explosives themselves catching fire after a detonator failed to explode them. The explosives could actually burn and give a toxic smell.

ok my Conspircy theroy is Kicking in, The oil Rich Countries are gonna sponsor terrorism on Mas transit system to encourage the Western Consumers to avoid it and use theirown cars/Trucks/Suv's to increase Demand and make more money, it is time we start using alternative fuels, and if the arabs in theMidEast hate us so much, let themsurvive without our Money!

I've not seen any evidence or stories since my television went on the fritz. Do we know for certain that it's Muslim Fundamentalists or is it just the IRA starting their war up with England all over again....?

I doubt it's the IRA starting again.

While there are a number of "splinter groups" still officially active, I don't think the Provos would risk losing all they've gained thus far, with Sinn Fein being the largest nationalist party in Northern Ireland.

Even on the Unionist side, with Ian Paisley's party overtaking the UU, for all his rhetoric even he doesn't want a new campaign of violence.

This is a really sad thing to see terrorism spread to England. It will be interesting to see now that England has experienced a sort of 911 experience, what the people of England will expect from their government for protection from the terrorists. Specifically, those people in England who have constantly critisized the steps taken by the USA to protect their people. Perhaps now that the shoe is on the other foot, perhaps things like the Patriot Act doesn't seem so terrible.