Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Spock's World

I saw this book at the used book store has anyone read it, is it worth the time to read?

I ask because I have a hort attention span

:oops:

Edited by dragonwrangler95

I read it when it first came out many years ago,and hated it.

The Vulcans in "Spock's World" are too much like humans,at least in Sarek's time...and Sarek himself came off as unimpressive.The Sarek in that book wouldn't even make a decent living as a third-rate motivational speaker.

Lastly,the Vulcans are described as being WWAAAYYYY too powerful mentally....they destroyed an entire fleet of Orion warships by "thinking" them apart.Yeah,right.... :lol:

You should read it,though.See what you think.

i have it. i just haven't read it yet. so i can't help you there.i bought mine used for a dollar or something. so if it was crap i didn't waste my money.

tm :lol:

I have that book, too, and I liked it... It's perfect if you're interested in Vulcan culture and stuff. :lol:

So I should get it, ts used at the bookstore what the heck

I'm so confused LOL

what ther good Trek boks are there, i can honestly say I never read any of them

:oops:

The best Trek novels I've read in the past few years have been "The Eugenics Wars" Parts 1 & 2. Its all about the rise and fall of Khan and what part Gary Seven and Roberta have in it.It also features just about every Trek character that could have been alive in the 20th century ranging from Guinan to Flint. Its a great read. I highly reccomend it.