Sign in to follow this  
gul_nodrog

Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince

Cheaper at woolworths king.

339912[/snapback]

I thought Woolworth's went under.

Or is the British Woolworth's no relation to the American one? :lol:

I JUST GOT IT!!! I preordered it so I just had to skip in front of all the losers (:lol:) in line and pay the 40% off price because I preordered and I was on my way! I'd start reading it but I have a meeting at work in the morning (7am!) so I need to sleep. I should be sleeping right now. Oh well...

Okay, I'll read the first page right now just for you :wink2: BRB

Okay, the first page wasn't that long so I also read the second page:

Click For Spoiler
Not very exciting...

The Prime Minister (of England I believe) was in his office reading a memo and waiting for a call from another country's ruler. He thought back on some bazar things that have been happening and how an opponent had been blaming it on the government. The strange occurences include a bridge collapsing, two murders, and a hurricane.

If it is not enough, I will be happy to scan the first two or three pages and PM them to you. Not really sure if that's legal though...

Edited by sea trooper

Oh.

Click For Spoiler
The other ruler is Fudge.

When will you be getting the book?

Edited by sea trooper

Um, you mean real or dled? I got the dled version,but it was fake... so im dling another one... and, the real version? well, as soon as i can get to the bookstore... hopefully tommorrow... but i dunno if it will be in, as there will probably be a bunch of people rushing in to get it... but, there are walmarts and coles and stuff in town, so hopefully one place will have it.

It's probably even overstocked in some places. Don't worry, you'll probably get it very soon :lol:

As for me, I really need to be getting to sleep. Got to wake up at around 6:40am :wow:. Then when I get home I'll go to sleep for a few more hours and then I'll wake up and read some more of the book.

I HAVE IT AM READING IT KNOW WHO DIES OMG

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG (OMG

and i'm telling NOONE

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG (OMG

and i'm telling NOONE

339991[/snapback]

:wow:

Did you skip ahead to find that out?

I did that in the last book!!

And I will in book 7 to see exactly how she ends it. :lol:

Hey, I'm the biggest schmuck around here ... we pre-ordered the book from Amazon.com and it will arrive this morning. However, such is our Potter mania that my husband went up to Kroger last night at 12:04 and bought a copy. So now all together we will have paid nearly $40 for our Harry, but at least we'll both have our own copy and I won't have to SHARE! Thank God!

And, no, Madame Butterfly, I do not think that Neville is the Half-Blood Prince. It's either going to be a brand new character or my money is on Dumbledore himself for the title.

I guess I'll find out soon enough now!!! YAY!

Post Edited.

I was going to tell you the shocking revelations about this book.

I know who the Half-Blood Prince is and who dies.

But it's probably too early for spoilers at this time.

Edited by HRH The KING

About two hours ago I finished a program at the library where I work where we (three staff members) read the first two chapters of Half Bood Prince. We also let about 20 kids have a turn to read a bit. It was fun, but starts out a bit slow for kids cause the first chapter is The Prime Minister and the Other Minister(s). Then second chapter is two women visiting a Professor. Only in the third chapter do we encounter Harry. That's all I'll say so far! When I get off work I'll go home and read more ( I actually am on chapter 5!).

I absolutely loved the book!!!

If I say SPOILER, I mean SPOILER - I really spoil there - so everyone who doesn't want to know - don't read!!!

Click For Spoiler
But I cried!! My poor Dumbledore!!! But it was just brilliant, the development with Snape being the Half-Blood Prince was just great. And having Snape as Big Bad No.2 is also great. But I cried for Dumbledore, I knew that Snape was kind of bad, but the description of Dumbledore's actions when Snape killed him. I really cried. More than I cried over Sirius' death - who was actually my favourite character. But I hope Snape burns in hell... I really enjoyed the book though - a lot of action, very good plot and interesting subplots, funny scenes, nice romances... Loved it!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG (OMG

and i'm telling NOONE

339991[/snapback]

Good. :lol:

I bought the book this morning.

I promptly sat down and read the last two chapters before work.

Who died was who I expected to die.

The half blood prince? Meh, big deal. :lol:

Who killed the expected? I am not surprised.

So far much much better the OotP

Still can't belive it?

You must read it! I stayed up since MIDNIGHT

New Harry Potter Adventure Flies Off Shelves

By Mike Collett-White, Reuters

LONDON (July 16) - Children and adults poured into stores around the world on Saturday to snatch up copies of the latest Harry Potter adventure, which looks set to become the fastest-selling book in history.

Publishers say up to 10 million copies of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" could fly off the shelves in the first 24 hours, as "Pottermania" broke out in Sydney, Beijing, Edinburgh, New York and around the planet.

The carefully orchestrated launch was the finishing touch to months of hype and to elaborate measures to stop details of the boy wizard's latest escapades leaking out.

When a handful of copies were sold before the deadline in Canada this week, purchasers were ordered not to disclose its contents, and, according to media reports, even to read it.

Children descended on the Scottish city of Edinburgh, where Potter author J.K. Rowling read from the latest book the moment witching hour passed at one minute past midnight, local time.

"I am excited," she said on her way into a dramatically lit Edinburgh Castle. "You get a lot of answers in this book."

Just hours after the 672-page tome was released simultaneously around the globe, Web sites ran plot summaries of the sixth and penultimate episode of the Potter saga.

It promises plenty of dark twists for Harry and his pals at Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft.

Eager to Read About Witches and Wizards

In Australia, thousands of "Pottermaniacs," some carrying live snakes, besieged bookstores in the outback, in the country's snowfields and along its beaches.

Before dawn in Sydney, 1,000 fans boarded a special train called the Gleewarts Express which took them to a secret location outside the city where they received their copies in the early morning.

Dressed as their favorite characters, fans poured over copies in a cold and eerie country mist.

Kate Suthers flew out from Britain to take the train.

"I did it three years ago and it was fantastic," said Suthers of a similar launch of an early Potter book.

"There are so many unanswered questions," said Elizabeth Mackay, 15, as she read the first few pages inside a Sydney shop. "It's so exciting, something has happened, a bridge has collapsed."

There were crowds too at bookstores in Singapore and in New Delhi, the Indian capital, where attendants wore black capes and magician's hats.

In Britain, thousands of parents and children queued outside bookshops waiting for midnight.

"Every book just gets bigger and bigger," said David Roche of Waterstone's book retailer in central London.

A Portuguese girl called Carlotta was the first in the chain's flagship store to buy the new book.

"She comes from Portugal, a long way on a broomstick for a young lady," said an actor resembling Albus Dumbledore, the fictional headmaster of Hogwarts school of magic in the books.

Fans Benefit From Competition

Global sales of the first five books in the seven-part series have topped 270 million and the three Harry Potter movies to date have grossed more than $2.5 billion.

But the Half-Blood Prince may not prove a windfall for everyone.

The rush for market share has forced retailers, under pressure from Internet sites, to slash prices.

Rowling thought up the Harry Potter character in 1990, and initially struggled to find a publisher.

She has been credited with winning over a new generation of young readers and publishers have not been slow to cash in with extravagant and aggressive marketing campaigns.

The books have made Rowling the richest woman in the United Kingdom, richer even than the queen, with a personal fortune estimated in 2004 at $1 billion.

Additional reporting by Michael Perry in Sydney and Krittivas Mukherjee in New Delhi.

Those who say Woolworths was the cheapest place to get it from are wrong, Kwik save was as long as you had a child under 10 with you it was £4.99 Granted we had sold out in less than an hour of the store opening.

Barnes and Noble

OMG: I can't belive what happened

Click For Spoiler
am not telling.. SO GO READ IT
Edited by Ambassador tinadoll