Sign in to follow this  
gul_nodrog

Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince

I find it extremely nuts that my copy of Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince is languishing in a UPS warehouse not 5 miles from my home and I can't just go over there and pick it up!

This whole release date thing is so annoying ... just sell me the dang book! It's hard to believe that by this time tomorrow I will have the HBP in my grimy little hands and I will finally be getting some answers.

I wasn't planning on getting this one. I was just going to read the summary on Wikipedia because I just couldn't be bothered reading it.

But alas as the day of release draws near, I just can't resist and I'll be getting my copy tomorrow morning.

:P :P

It comes out tomorrow! I'm going crazy to start reading it! It will actually be a HP book which I will find out the things at the same time as everyone else.

It goes on sell in store at 0000 tonight... I'll just stay out of the way of the 10 years olds and the 35 year old mothers trying to get the book for thier 10 year old kids. I personal thought it came out today so I waited to come down to the library to be on the safe side.

You bet your bippy i am going to get it..I preordered it ..

But my dad is probally going to beat me to it

I wasn't planning on getting this one. I was just going to read the summary on Wikipedia because I just couldn't be bothered reading it.

But alas as the day of release draws near, I just can't resist and I'll be getting my copy tomorrow morning.

:P  :P

339724[/snapback]

I'm so glad you've decided to give this next book a chance ... I know that you were disappointed with Phoenix. Honestly, though, I don't know how we expected her to live up to Goblet of Fire anyway ... I thought that book was the best of all five. The climactic scene in the graveyard had me sitting on the edge of my seat!

Phoenix got better each time I read it (3 times total). Initially, it was a big let-down IMO, but I've come to appreciate it. You'll be glad to know that Jo's editor has put his/her foot down and pared off about 200 pages (600 or so instead of 800 or so this time around). She was a bit long-winded the last time, don't you think?

In about 16 hours, I'll be kicking back in my rocking chair with a cuppa joe and reading about Dumbledore finally getting his butt in gear and spending some quality time with our intrepid little hero .... apparently DD himself is headed for Privet Drive according to the back cover of the Bloomsbury edition!!! (Info courtesy of Mugglenet.com).

Edited by gul_nodrog

Your just saying that because you have not read the book.So don't lie :P

King your as bad as my family, and they are so bad they woun't let us on Jerry Springer!

The Liar King???

I LOVED that frickin movie.

It was so sad when Scar killed Mufasa and blamed poor little Simba.

But he got revenge at the end.

Then Elton John started singing.

Still you are making a mokery of the book.. Stop it...JK is a GREAT author and she needs to be respected... She does it on purpose ,making sure her nooks come on ontime with NO spoilers.. Because she wants us to enjoy them

If you don't like HP for whatever reason..Just leave

Still you are making a mokery of the book..

A "mokery"???

Is that some sort of coffee??

Stop it...JK is a GREAT author and she needs to be respected... She does it on purpose ,making sure her nooks come on ontime with NO spoilers.. Because she wants us to enjoy them

When did I say she wasn't a great author?

When did I say she wasn't to be respected?

What is a nook?

If you don't like HP for whatever reason..Just leave

I like HP.

I've seen all the movies. Read all the books and collectively I have over 10000 posts on HarryPotter.COM spread over nearly three years of membership.

So it's safe to say I am a Harry Potter fan.

Love Harry potter books, but I also love the work by Tamora Pierce, she writes Young Adult Fiction also and has incredible and strong female characters. They are fantasy with lots of magic going on, but they also have a very strong human element to them. I have upon finishing a series cried because it is the end, I will probably do the same when Harry finishes.

I am buying it at woolworths tomorrow.

My little brother buys anything with Harry Potter's name on it.I read his books.

He doesn't want the Half Blood Prince,yet though.He's just finished the fourth book and wants to wait until he's caught up.....

Good reads.

I'd hate to be the poor schmuck who paid 16.99 for it when everyone or almost everyone is getting it for 8.99

Well stop being such a smhuck

A smhuck???

Sorry, I don't speak Swedish.

339897[/snapback]

Your BOTH wrong: :lol:

NOTE SPELLING -->>Schmuck, a "Yiddish" word, has a range of meaning depending on context. In its most innocuous use, a schmuck is a person who does a stupid thing, in which case “dumb schmuck” is the appropriate expression.

A schmuck's behavior ranges from pesky and inconsiderate, to obnoxious and manipulative. A schmuck's personality type ranges from jerk to bastard.

Schmucky behavior also falls within a range of intentionality. Some schmucks carefully plan their bad behavior, some only a little, and some not at all. For example, the bastard may spend considerable time planning his bad deeds. In contrast, the dumb schmuck and the pesky behave badly without any forethought.

I have to agree that Phoenix wasn't her strongest book, but I'm hoping the new one redeems this series.

I'll pick up my copy tomorrow morning before I go to work.

BTW, I read someplace else that Neville is the HBP, I wonder if that's true or not.