Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Favourite Non-Trek Movie with Trek Actor

I was watching Moby (Please stop me from cursing) last night with Patrick Stewart and he is so amazing in that. I haven't watched his version of A Christmas Carol as I just can't get myself to watch a "Christmas movie" in the spring. He was really good in X-Men too.

I liked Brent Spiner in many movies that he has been in however some of those movies haven't been very good overall. He was great in Independence Day (especially the 5 star special edition version) and I really liked the Gil Godwyn character in Out to Sea. You could really tell that Walter Matthau had been ill before shooting. I think if both Lemmon and Matthau had been in Grumpy Old Men shape it would have been a better movie. He was really good in The Dorothy Dandridge Story and that was a good movie too. I won't even talk about Master of Disguise (WHAT were you thinking!!!)

I haven't seen to many movies starring other Trek actors.

What are your favourites?

Independance Day (Brent Spiner), X-Men (Patrick Stewart), and Minority Report (I could have sworn the guy who played Lt. Hawk in First Contact was in there...)

Brent- almost every movie he was was in(especially ID4 and Introducing Dorothy Dandridge) - I agree with that Master of Disguise remark :unsure: , even though my sister thought it was highly amusing! :)

Patrick Stewart(Moby (Please stop me from cursing), Excalibur, Lady Jane, A Christmas Carol, X-Men, Conspiracy Theory, ect.),

Alfre Woodard- Lily Sloane -(Heart And Soul, Miss Firecracker)

Alice Krige-Borg Queen-(Sleepwalkers, Dinotopia-was pretty good, and my brother said she was pretty good in Children of Dune)

I don't think Mr. Spiner was too happy with Master of Disguise. I read an article about an interview he gave in London when promoting Nemesis. When the interviewer asked him about Master of Disguise, his response was "next question". I have seen it (rented it) and he gave his usual great performance but I am not into bodily function humour (glad the remote has a mute button and I fast-forwarded through most of the movie after the first 20 minutes).

Urghm, toilet humour. i haven't seen that movie yet, but I don't know if I want to. What;s your advise, should I risk it?

Yeah he does doesn't he :unsure: ! My sister is sorta into the toilet humor stuff, but I really am not. So maybe I could borrow her DVD of Master of Disguise, and I could fast Forward or skip to his scenes.

I loved X-Men, Patrick Stewert was awesome! Brent was great in ID4 but I really didn't like the movie much.

Even though she only had a small part, Gates McFaden was in The Hunt for Red Octerber and that was a great movie.

I loved Loaded Wepon 1 a lot also with Shatner and Dohan.

I'm looking forward to the new X-Men movie coming out in May.

The special edition version of Independence Day is better. It is called the gold star or 5 star edition or something. The special edition has some extra scenes involving Dr Okun

The special edition version of Independence Day is better.  It is called the gold star or 5 star edition or something.  The special edition has some extra scenes involving Dr Okun

I siad it on the other boards, now I will say it here....I GOTTA GET THAT SPECIAL EDITION ID4 DVD!!! A chance to see more of Brent? Now this I have to see, his scene was too short in my opinion. Now, I must confess I haven't read up on this, but my brother said he read somewhere that there is a sequel to ID4, and that Dr. Okun isn't really dead, so Brent would be back in the film!

Hey I thought of another Trek actor in a Non Trek film that I liked . . . Denise Crosby (Pet Cemetary-even though I liked the book version better, and Deep Impact)

I LOVED X-Men! I can't wait till the next movie comes out. Master of Disguise was really wierd. The only time I think I will watch that one again is when I don't want to think. And that's only when I'm sick of Big Trouble (really random and funny!).

I LOVED X-Men!  I can't wait till the next movie comes out.  Master of Disguise was really wierd.  The only time I think I will watch that one again is when I don't want to think.  And that's only when I'm sick of Big Trouble (really random and funny!).

Yeah, normally I am not a comic book/comic book-tuned movie fan, but X-Men is REALLY rather good! My brother just got the X-Men 1.5 DVD, and that is really good too!

Now, I must confess I haven't read up on this, but my brother said he read somewhere that there is a sequel to ID4, and that Dr. Okun isn't really dead, so Brent would be back in the film!

I heard something similar except that it was a prequel story that dealt with the work at the lab and was sort of centred on Dr. Okun. I don't think it will be made into a movie though.

Did you know that he was actually not being considered for the part. One of the movie's powers that be was a Trekkie and just wanted to meet him so he was asked to audition. Of course he was so good he got the part.

Of course he was good enough to get the part! Hey, a prequel dealing with Okun, that could work out to be a really good movie! I am glad to know that someone else read that ( about the second ID4 movie), I was worried that he had misread it!

Yeah, normally I am not a comic book/comic book-tuned movie fan, but X-Men is REALLY rather good! My brother just got the X-Men 1.5 DVD, and that is really good too!

x-men was excellent looking forward to the new one but whats different about x-men 1.5, any added scenes or just the bounus material? also heres one for ya captain cisco as Hawk, in Spencer for hire, not a movie but a good show. :lol:

I loved X-men. that part was perfect for Stewart and Stewart was perfect for it. Brent in Soong girls recommended version of ID4 was WONDERFUL. i even liked him in that tv movie. Out to sea was very funny. I was also wondering about Master of disguise too. I hate potty humor, but isn't there a scene where you get to see Brent's legs?

Has anyone noticed how many of the Star Trek actors have done narration for documentories? I even heard one with Q. (John)

I just rented X-Men again and was reminded once more about how good a movie it was (and re-discovered the wonderful world of si-fi. Yes, I'm a freak. A si-fi freak.)

I know this isn't a movie its a tv show...But I saw Marina Sirtis ona Threat

Matrix and she played a terrorist scientist and she was great.....really

convincing....I think they cancelled the show, it hasn't been on in a while

I liked it.....

I think Brent Spiner's best performance was Introducing Dorothy Dandridge and probably my favorite overall trek actor in a non trek role.

Scott Bakula and Patrick Stewart have probably been in the most movies.

Dwight Schultz played Robert Openheimer in Fat Man and Little Boy.

Louise Fletcher was Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and I liked this movie.

A couple of movies I remember are "Wagons East" a John Candy movie with Voyager's Robert Picardo as Ben Wheeler, and a movie called "Robin Hood men in tights" which Patrick Steward played King Richard, and he sings...the Q was not responsible this time <_<

Speaking of the Q, I saw John on a rerun of McGiver yesterday as a bad guy. :waaaa:

The special edition version of Independence Day is better.  It is called the gold star or 5 star edition or something.  The special edition has some extra scenes involving Dr Okun

I siad it on the other boards, now I will say it here....I GOTTA GET THAT SPECIAL EDITION ID4 DVD!!! A chance to see more of Brent? Now this I have to see, his scene was too short in my opinion. Now, I must confess I haven't read up on this, but my brother said he read somewhere that there is a sequel to ID4, and that Dr. Okun isn't really dead, so Brent would be back in the film!

ID4 part 2? That's a tough act to follow, I hope it's true, after the whippin we took Dr. Okun's knowledge of the aliens would be priceless. <_<

For me it's probably ID4 and X-Men. Brent and Patrick were pretty good in those roles. :dude: