Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Wes Crusher

How Do You Feel About This Character?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About This Character?

• I Like Him
    • I Tolerate Him
    • I Hate Him!

I was wondering how you guys feel about him. I personally don’t hate him, but I don’t really like him that much either. That’s why I vote for tolerable, he doesn’t really bother me and he’s not a character I can’t live without.

I'm not sure how to vote in this poll. I really don't like season 1 and 2 Wesley. Even though there were still a few "Wes saves the day" episodes, season 3 is when his character started being written differently. I found him to be much more tolerable when that happened. There are even a few guest appearances Wes made that I enjoyed.

I liked him, but when I saw that he got powers I got annoyed.

I liked him, he was the best television role model for my son of about the same age at that time. We had some laughs over his saving the day so often but we never hated him for it.

I either like or dislike him. At times he was annoying, but than sometime everyone can get annoying.

I wanted him off the bridge and to grow a backbone

HE ANNOYED ME SO MUCH

Wesley was an incredibly annoying character for me. I wasn't fazed by his repeated savings of the ship, I didn't even notice it until I came here :P, I simply had major problems with his character.

I think that the idea of all the main characters being written so they had no major faults or flaws as people did work well for the adult crew, but it just didn't work with Wesley, particularly in the first few seasons. Teenage males are nothing but flaws and contradictions!

I have always throught Wesley was how Gene Rodenberry thought of himself if he was in Star Trek. After all Wesley was his middle name. When they where planning out the characters for the show Wesley was to be Lesley and a female. The powers to be thought they would get more out of male character than a female one.

I thought he was a great character! I've only seen a few of his ep's in Season 1, but they were good (the one with the traveler, the one where he goes to school, and some more)

Oh, I really hate that boy. :P I always wish I could throw him out of the next airlock. I just don't like kids who outsmart a whole staff of senior officers. This is just not realistic in any way. :P

I never cared for him, I'm not sure if it was due to the character or the actor though. I did notice though that the show was far better after he left then it was while he was there.

it would of been awsome, since he is so "Specia" that the borg would of got ahold of him, I would love to see it, Heck I would buy it on PPV!

I liked him, but not all the time. He was annoying in his earliest episodes, and brooding Wes got on my nerves in "Journey's End".

He was a good character in between, especially when he just acted like a regular Ensign up at the helm (like in "The Best of Both Worlds" and other eps).

I've always liked Wesley Crusher, mainly because Wil Wheaton did a good job with him. I wish he had been in at least some of the Trek movies (besides his nano-cameo). It would have been interesting to see what effect being with The Traveler had on him.

I liked Wedsley Crusher as a character, and as a role model for youth. I liked having a main character who excelled in what he did, and was young. I wish we had a few less "cool" or "hip" young main characters on television, and a few more who were accomplishing and doing things.

I see a lot of shows aimed at youth that are like teen-age soap operas. I see lots of young people with terribly complicated lives, like the ones they see on TV, then trying to prepare for the future and go to school. They are often stopped by their complicated lives, not their academic abilities. If they just could have 'slowed down' a little.

To me Wesley was a good mixture of a young person 'preparing for his future', and 'growing up an forming mature relationships'. He had a part of him that was constantly striving for excellence, and a part that was trying to understand what he should do with his life, and his relationships.

Wesley Crusher is the Jar Jar Binks of Star Trek,IMO...I Hate him,I Hate him....I HATE HIM!!!!!! :rolleyes:

There wasn't anything technical he couldn't fix.....no problem he couldn't solve...

hell,during the battle against the Borg,they let him continue to helm the Enterprise rather than allow an Academy graduate with a Starfleet commission fly the ship....

I got so very tired of Wesley,so very quickly....

Quite possibly one of the 5-most hated fictional sci-fi characters of all time as far as I'm concerned....

That Wesley is too smart. No one can save a starship that many times at that age. And he should never have received the Traveler's powers. I despise him.

Yep I like him yes there were times he got under my skin but I think he was a great role model for young people that they too can be smart and exceed in anything.

Brian

Meh. What I disliked about him saving the day is that it got too predictable. It even comes off as a bit self-glorifying of Roddenberry in that aspect. On the other hand, they rounded out his character nicely in the episode where the whole crew "got drunk" due to that virus. Showed his mischievous side that almost never comes up.

I've always liked Wesley Crusher, mainly because Wil Wheaton did a good job with him. I wish he had been in at least some of the Trek movies (besides his nano-cameo). It would have been interesting to see what effect being with The Traveler had on him.

336861[/snapback]

On that subject, i had to rewind my dvd about 50 times to see that little cameo. (Can you rewind a dvd????:helpsmilie:) If they were going to include him in the film it would have made more sense to include him moreso.

Oh and i just have one more question about that, why was Wes in a STARFLEET UNIFORM????? :naughty: :lol:

Oh and i just have one more question about that, why was Wes in a STARFLEET UNIFORM?????  :lol:  ;)

350310[/snapback]

I wondered about that too. Maybe he re-joined Starfleet after he came back from his time with The Traveler? :naughty: