Sign in to follow this  
Riaan

Article of interest

Yes, I will be the first to admit men have a thing for gadgets, and it's so much easier to talk on a cellphone while on the job or out of the house than it is at home. Partially because we can never get to the home phone :) No, seriously. It's always been a fact that men like gadgets, and not those home cooking gadgets. I mean the sleek, spyish gadgets. They're so cool, what man couldn't like them? Now, the content of those calls? That's another thing. Plus, who knows who was actually on the phone. Men could have been using women's phones sometimes, and women could have been using men's phones sometimes in the study.

~Conor

LOL!

Captain Kirk Syndrome...I love it!

And I can vouch for this, in the hour it took me and my dad to drive from our house to where our boat was in the water, he was on his cell for nearly 3/4 of the trip!

I think a lot of guys talk on the phone just to look important. I see a lot of people wait until they get to the grocery store to get out the phone, call home, and say something profound like "What do you want from the store?"

They couldn't have asked that before they left?

James T. Kirk was the pompadoured polyester-wearing communicator-wielding leader of the Starship Enterprise on the 1960s television show "Star Trek."

Ahem...James T Kirk never sported a "pompadour" and the uniforms were made of velour!!!

I'm loving your responses!!

I knew y'all would find all the errors in this article. How about this one:

Even in a galaxy far far away, Capt. Kirk needed to keep in touch with Spock and Bones and all those blonde lady friends waiting breathlessly for him back on the ship.

Kirk and Skywalker are not interchangable!

If I'm not mistaken, Kirk is from Indiana(or was it Iowa?), Earth, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy. "I'm not from outer space, I just work there."-Kirk, The Voyage Home

I'm loving your responses!!

I knew y'all would find all the errors in this article.  How about this one:

Even in a galaxy far far away, Capt. Kirk needed to keep in touch with Spock and Bones and all those blonde lady friends waiting breathlessly for him back on the ship.

Kirk and Skywalker are not interchangable!

If I'm not mistaken, Kirk is from Indiana(or was it Iowa?), Earth, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy. "I'm not from outer space, I just work there."-Kirk, The Voyage Home

haha. i noticed that too.

Yes, I will be the first to admit men have a thing for gadgets

That’s true for me. LOL

(I’m a male)

I always have loved playing around with new gadgets!

If it is my computer or home theater I really love to play around with them. (Just give me a toy with buttons)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I think a lot of guys talk on the phone just to look important.  I see a lot of people wait until they get to the grocery store to get out the phone, call home, and say something profound like "What do you want from the store?"

They couldn't have asked that before they left?

:) WHY IS THIS? MY HUSBAND WILL DO THE SAME THING. I MEAN REALLY! HE ASKED BEFORE HE WENT. :(