Sign in to follow this  
muddthe1st

'Do you Read?

Do you read the TOS books? What book are you reading now? What is your favorite?

The Last TOS book I read was "Assignment: Eternity" I had just finished both Greg Cox's "Kahn" novles and enjoyed them so much I wanted to read his first book. I just love the characters of Gary Seven and Roberta. It would have made a good series. I am about to start the TOS section 31 book.

Not so fast muddthe1st, there is going to be a third Khan book, it takes place during the "exile years" between Space Seed and TWOK. I am still reading the second Khan book and it is great!

Not so fast muddthe1st, there is going to be a third Khan book, it takes place during the "exile years" between Space Seed and TWOK. I am still reading the second Khan book and it is great!

I know...I CAN'T WAIT!!! :)

I read the TOS books, and still have my collection starting with the first one. I think my favorite was either Prime Directive or

Strangers from the Sky.

I've read a lot of tos books, most recently Garth of Izar...which wasn't that good but ok I guess. My all time favorite tos book was "In the Name of Honor" by Dayton Ward. It's kind of like a prequel to the events of Star Trek VI and is a very enjoyable read.

I read the TOS books, and still have my collection starting with the first one.  I think my favorite was either Prime Directive or

Strangers from the Sky.

Sorry to hear that about the "Garth" book. I was looking forward to reading that as he was a favorite characters. I still might read it any way.

I love reading TOS books. I'm not reading any at the moment, but I'm going to start "Gemini" soon. At least, I hope! :laugh:

Guest Ktrek

I read and collect all Star Trek books. In fact I'm only about 15 titles short of having a complete Pocketbooks collection. Currently I'm reading Gemini. I'm having a hard time getting into this one. The characterizations don't seem right. Especially Spock. I'm gonna try and plow ahead and finish it this weekend anyhow so I can move onto something else without feeling guilty about not finishing it. :laugh:

Ktrek

My favourite Star Trek book ever was based on TOS - it was called "How Much For Just The Planet?", was written as a comedy, and did not disappoint ... I laughed and laughed ... the Vulcan outcast is hilar.... :laugh:

Joeybear, I remember that book and I, at the time, was dead serious about my Trek and did not even finish the first chapter, I even threw the book in the trash but now I regret that. You're statement about it has made me want to read it, thanks!

I've read one or two, and I really enjoyed them, but at the moment, I'm more in to mysteries, so I've been reading agatha christies almost non stop :angry:

Do you read the TOS books? What book are you reading now? What is your favorite?

The Last TOS book I read was "Assignment: Eternity" I had just finished both Greg Cox's "Kahn" novles and enjoyed them so much I wanted to read his first book. I just love the characters of Gary Seven and Roberta. It would have made a good series. I am about to start the TOS  section 31 book.

yes i read star trek tos books! i am reading spock must die! but yesterdays son is my fav because it has to do w/ spocks son, zar! i could not really get into spocks world! :angry: :angry:

I have read a lot of the TOS books even though I have not in a while and I have a good collection of them at home out of the ones I have read I like the abode of life, black fire, dreadnought and battlestations.

I've read at least 80 TOS novels. They range from the early 80s to the present. I have not bought any TOS books lately because I don't really like pocketbooks's marketing strategy of turning all stories into trilogys so they can turn a bigger profit.

I recently started reading "Spock's World" The premise looked promising, but so far i'm having a hard time getting into it. I am going to keep going, in hopes the storyline gets a little more interesting and the author veers away from so many needless details about the landscapes on Earth.

I recently started reading "Spock's World" The premise looked promising, but so far i'm having a hard time getting into it. I am going to keep going, in hopes the storyline gets a little more interesting and the author veers away from so many needless details about the landscapes on Earth.

:dude: chronic, i totally agree with you spocks world is boring to start w/ but i will try to get into it more because i love spock so much! i have tried 3 times to get into it but i just cant! :laugh: :laugh:

I own virtually every papaerback TOS novel there is/that I know about.I haven't even come close to reading them all.I have more horror,sci-fi,fantasy,true crime,and war books than both of my neighborhood used book stores combined,and I just keep buying more and more and more.I'll never read 'em all,I guess.The last TOS novel I read was Chain of Command,which was fairly good.It reminded me a lot of Voyager,being stranded so far from home.But,of course,Kirk was in command instead of janeway,so our heroes made it back to the Federation in a matter of months rather than years!

I own virtually every papaerback TOS novel there is/that I know about.I haven't even come close to reading them all.I have more horror,sci-fi,fantasy,true crime,and war books than both of my neighborhood used book stores combined,and I just keep buying more and more and more.I'll never read 'em all,I guess.The last TOS novel I read was Chain of Command,which was fairly good.It reminded me a lot of Voyager,being stranded so far from home.But,of course,Kirk was in command instead of janeway,so our heroes made it back to the Federation in a matter of months rather than years!

He ain't lyin!Man,roguedawg's single handedly responsible for the destruction of the amazon rainforest!I read somewhere on these boards that you don't think I read,unc!I read,honest.Maxim,Sports Illustrated,etc,etc....I tried reading one of your Trek books once.It was okay,but there was so much techobable that it made the story incomprehensible,so I haven't tried any of the others.I'd rather watch the show.And I have to disagree with you on one point,big man,Enterprise rocks! :lol:

Jolene.....drool <_<

He ain't lyin!Man,roguedawg's single handedly responsible for the destruction of the amazon rainforest!I read somewhere on these boards that you don't think I read,unc!I read,honest.Maxim,Sports Illustrated,etc,etc....I tried reading one of your Trek books once.It was okay,but there was so much techobable that it made the story incomprehensible,so I haven't tried any of the others.I'd rather watch the show.And I have to disagree with you on one point,big man,Enterprise rocks! :lol:

Jolene.....drool :lol:

Watch yourself,kid.Disagreeing with your superior officer is a good way to find yourself floating in space! <_<

Generally, I don't like novelizations of movies or TV--nor do I like movies/series drawn from books (with the notable exceptions of The Wizard of Oz and Shrek). That holds true for the most part with Trek, although there have been exceptions.

I read quite a few of the TOS novels (and other Trek paperbacks)...

I trade at a used bookstore,where after I've read one book I exchange it for a new one,and so on...

if I really like the story I'll just buy the book and keep it.

:tear:

Edited by admiralpeewee

So far as I know,I own every TOS book there is.I browse the various book sites on a weekly basis for TOS novels I don't have,and I visit second-hand book stores a couple of times a month.Its been a while since I've run into an older novel that I don't already own a copy of.Its mostly the new ones that I have to hunt down.I used to order directly from Pocket Books,but they have since stopped that service.I now order my books from another mail-order book service.

Edited by Sirius

I have maybe thirty Star Trek paperbacks.I had more,but three or four years ago my basement (at the house I lived at at that time) flooded during a week of rain storms,and destroyed a lot of the books I'd collected as a kid (and that was a ton,let me tell you :) ).The books I have left are the ten or so I salvaged from that disaster,and some I've bought since then.