Sign in to follow this  
removed

Resident Evil

i really love the game silent hill, and i want to try resident evil, but i have never played it before. all own is a playstation 1. does anybody know which is the best resident evil game for ps1? are the stories linked together? should i just play the first one to get the whole story?

can anybody help me?

I have played them and while you do not have to play them in order, i think, they are all VERY good. Not easy (or at least i did not think so) but very very fun! I would play them in order only because they get progressively better and you may not want to go backwards, but each was so much fun!

I have not played Silent hill...was it good? It looked like it was!

Edit to add: Of RE....its the one time i can say that i loved Nemesis! B)

Edited by Lessa_Soong

I have not played Silent hill...was it good? It looked like it was!

oh silent hill is amazing. i heard that resident evil is scary because things surprise you by jumping out and stuff, well silent hill is totally different. its totally psychological. i scares you because how atmospheric it is. there is a part in a hospital that is totally freaky. demented doctors and nurses that have been mutated or something attack you with scalpels. it doesnt sound scary but IT IS. whenever an enemy comes near, your radio crackles from interference, so you can either prepare, or get freaked out. in one part in a school, there are ghosts that make your radio screw up, but the ghosts dont hurt you so you never know if its a ghost or an enemy. scary. you HAVE to try it.

Stardate:213479.6

I have played both.

I hate those stupid ghosts!!!!!They scared the crap out of me when i first saw them and i wasted half mu bullets trying to kill them before i figured out u couldn't B)

As far as RE being scary it is.Especially two.There's this one part were ur fighting the Nemesis in a hall.......well i wont spoil it for u.

Click for Spoiler:

Ok ill tell u.There is this one part were ur fighting the Nemesis in a room.You kill him(or so u think) and leave.While ur walking down the hall he jumps throught the wall right in front of u.The first time i saw that it scared me so bad that i threw my pop through the window in my door.

The first time i saw that it scared me so bad that i threw my pop through the window in my door.

thats what makes those games fun. having the pants scared off of you.

(hey look geranimo! i quoted you and i DIDNT ruin the whole thread! yay! :) )

RE-2 I think is the best game out for the ps1 series, especially if you play as Claire and get I think it's a c or higher and then continue with Leon, the ending is a little altered and longer.

I remember first playing Silent Hill and at one point dropping my controller during the scene where those sewer creatures jumped out of the water. My friend said I looked pretty funny screaming like a girl and then scrambling to get the controller again. If anytime you get a PS-2 check out Silent Hill 2.

I liked all resident Evil series.I think I liked RE 1 and RE 3:Nemesis the best. Have anyone read the RE novels?Is it good?I've seen the movie and I liked it, I hope Resident Evil 2:Nemesis(the 2nd RE movie) is going to be better.