Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Right now, Right this very second

If someone asked you what’s your favorite Trek series? You would say…  

104 members have voted

1. 1. If someone asked you what?s your favorite Trek series? You would say?

• Star Trek
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
    • Star Trek: Enterprise

I voted for Enterprise. Big surprise, huh. :unsure:

Well, now I feel kind of bad. Just 3 others voted for Voyager?!? Hmpf. Perhaps I have a bad taste :blink:

The original series.

Hard to contend with a classic.

:blink:

TNG. But I love all the series. If Star Trek is on, I'll watch it. I've seen some episodes a half dozen times (i.e. Tribunal and Distant Origin)

Right now! Voy

I have owned TNG for awhile and it usually is my fav, but I just finished my VOY collection and I needed a fix of the girl power that series offers

after these months, Enterprise is still my favorite series, even more so now :klingon: B) :klingon:

my order of favorites as of now would be

Star Trek Enterprise

Star Trek Deep Space nine

Star Trek The Next Generation

Star Trek

Star Trek Voyager

After ST: Enterprise was canceled, ST United and Save ENT promoted rallies to take place in various places around the world, all to happen at the same time. I went to Los Angeles to march on Paramount, because I loved it that much. I wasn't just marching for Enterprise, but for the whole franchise. After spending 12 hours on that sidewalk, and having a very nice day.... despite the futility of the march, but still... I'd do it again in a light speed instant.

The bonus of a lifetime actually came after... I was part of a small group that was invited to watch the ST: Enterprise episode that airied that night... with Manny Coto.

Manny was giving a running dialog about what was going on on the set when the episode "Divergence" was being made. That same day, while we marched, the cast and crew had begun filming the last episode, "These Are The Voyages." Manny let us know that they all appreciated our efforts, and thanked everyone all over the world that showed their support.

I'll aways remember that day....

It felt like I was saying goodbye to a life-long friend... :roflmao:

Linda

TOS is the basis for all things Trek and I grew up watching it. Too bad season 3 wasn't better though.

Apparently I already voted, but I have no clue what for. I'm guessing Enterprise.

In thinking about this there were some other things that made TOS my favorite series. When I first watched Star Trek TOS it was first run, we had the space program at it's peak. Project Gemini, the Apollo program, the first time men circled the moon on Christmas Eve, the first moon landing, space was the greatest thing. There was just something in in Trek that touched my young mind and to this day reaches something in there but I'm not sure what these days. There was something somehow pure about Trek, considering on the news every night there was the Viet Nam war, protests and riots.

320x240.jpg

I went with TOS.

Tough, tough choice.

One thing I HATE about these type of polls is people are going to vote based on what they have seen and I'm sure there are those that are voting and really haven't seen all the series. To dimiss an entire series that you haven't even seen more than a handful of episodes isn't very fair.

I picked TOS based on it was more groundbreaking for its day than I'd say any of the other Trek series were. Even to this day it may the most creative of the lot. And this goes without saying, but it started everything, the ship design, the entire Trek mythos TOS was the foundation on which all the series were built.

Without TOS there would be no, STNG, DS9, Voyager or Enterprise.

Edited by DaboGirl

It's a close call between TNG and Voyager but despite my misgivings over certain events in Voyager I'll give it my vote. I simply like the Voyager characters best of all and the good things with the series outweights the bad.