Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

The DaVinci Code

really sorta off topic question, but has anyone read any of his other novels, cause none of the others had the fluidic style he had in DaVinci

In the Last Supper that really does look like a woman sitting to the right of Jesus...Hmmmm.

347067[/snapback]

I think it's completely obvious myself. But think about this.

Because for years you were told it was Jesus and his disciples, did you ever look for a woman in the painting or the disciples for that matter, or did you only focus on Christ?

I agree, but could it be autosuggestion, you are looking for there to be a woman or disciple, and so there is? Could it be that Da Vinci managed to tap into the all things to all people? Considering the time when it was painted it would be logical to think it, for the people who wanted this picture they obviously wanted a Roman Catholicised painting of 12 men, if Da Vinci was painting it for him and his brethren then he could have painted someone that held physical characteristics facially of both genders, so to please both masers at once.

It's an interesting book and a well written piece of fiction. The only thing that soured it for me is that Dan Brown claims a lot of things that aren't true to make the story work, and then states that nothing in the book is made up when a vast amount of it is pure fiction.

All descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents and secret rituals in this novel are accurate.

Is the exact statement he uses, and it's complete hokum.

346645[/snapback]

Agreed 100%. I've got problems with several authors including Dan Brown who have been elevated to bizarre heights for nothing more than works of fiction. Then they seem to lose sight of the work and begin making the talk show circuit ... it must get REALLY confusing for them because all of sudden you have them making these crazy statements like the one you quoted.

Maybe, da vinci, being a non-christian, painted those things so that others would do just this, thinking that he painted it real and become non-christians, and then try to convince christians that "everything in the Bible is fake just because of these pictures"

Maybe, da vinci, being a non-christian, painted those things so that others would do just this, thinking that he painted it real and become non-christians, and then try to convince christians that "everything in the Bible is fake just because of these pictures"

347236[/snapback]

:rolleyes: