What Operating System do you use?

What Operating System do you use?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What Operating System do you use?

• Windows (95/98/ME/2000/XP)
    • Mac (OS 7/8/9/X)
    • Linux
    • Other

I (Unfortunately) use Windows XP, and ME, though I want to get a Mac.

331839[/snapback]

Unfortunately???? Dude, windows in the best! I mean, mac's arent bad... FOR THROWING OFF BRIDGES!!!!!!!!! lol, jk. But really, all macs are good for are video editing. BTW, WINDOWS XP ROCKS. All windows versions other then that SUCK!!!!!!!

331842[/snapback]

Evidently you've never even seen a Mac, so do yourself a favor and go to an Apple store and experience a Mac first hand, and if your lucky, it will start to reverse the Microsoft brainwashing you've been exposed to.

Edited by Captain Holland

Macs are crap; I know, I have one. It's like Linux lacking everything you use Linux for (root command line, powerful networking, stability, speed, edibility, the best open source support, need I go on?).

If you don’t want Microsoft, going to apple “just cuz” is a dumb reason, Linux is the only real alturnitive, macs are just something nice to look at.

Give me one real; useful (not one of the "oh that's nice..." ones macs seem prone to) tool mac has that Linux can not have in one of it's many distributions.

I use windows at home pc and laptop but for college i use macintosch. like them both, but macs are not good on a network. I'm planning on getting a Mac-mini, its perfect for what i study!

Meh, i like macs enough. Sometimes they annoy me, but they're ok... but only for things like video editing and stuff..

(EDITED FOR CONTENT)

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

I didn't ask for your opinions. All I wanted was to know what OS you use, in fact, I should have made this a "Poll Only".

331971[/snapback]

Hmmm.....snippy comments like that will ensure that nobody responds to any of your future threads.........chill out, dude...

I have used all. But my favorite operating is not around anymore, VMS. Unix was developed on RSX/11M. The predecessor of VMS. Linux of course is similar to Unix.

RSX/11M and VMS were products of Digital Equipment.

Edited by Data

I didn't ask for your opinions. All I wanted was to know what OS you use, in fact, I should have made this a "Poll Only".

331971[/snapback]

Hmmm.....snippy comments like that will ensure that nobody responds to any of your future threads.........chill out, dude...

332001[/snapback]

I'm not tryin to be "snippy", it's just that the very first post after mine says that Macs suck, and that they should be thrown off a bridge, I didn't want to start again the age old battle between Operating Systems, and that is exactly what they were doing.

So from now on, can we just answer the Poll Question please?

331971[/snapback]

332001[/snapback]

I'm not tryin to be "snippy", it's just that the very first post after mine says that Macs suck, and that they should be thrown off a bridge, I didn't want to start again the age old battle between Operating Systems, and that is exactly what they were doing.

332154[/snapback]

How is that any different from your reply that macs are so superior?

As I see it your defending macs is far more fire for a OS war then someone stating their opinion about them…

Edited by BKY1701

Windows

So much bickering over something as pointless as operating systems? :lol:

Edited by sea trooper

are you happy captain h? i edited my posts.

332161[/snapback]

Your edits changed your point of view. I do not think you needed to edit your posts. That is just my two cents.

Edited by Data

331971[/snapback]

332001[/snapback]

332154[/snapback]

How is that any different from your reply that macs are so superior?

As I see it your defending macs is far more fire for a OS war then someone stating their opinion about them…

332160[/snapback]

I know, I overreacted, and I apollogize.

Mac OS 10.3.9

I have forgotten which 'cat' it is .... maybe jaguar, maybe panther......

XP. I would love a linux, far superior than mac or microsoft. If pushed I will settle for Microsoft for one reason, too many of these modern Macs are dropping after computer literate people install Macs update programs. Until that design flaw is solved, they will be an expensive also run to Microsofts monolpolisation of cheap and semi effective operating systems.

Mac OS 10.3.9

I have forgotten which 'cat' it is .... maybe jaguar, maybe panther......

332280[/snapback]

I believe the Cats were:

OS 10: Cheetah

OS 10.1: Puma

OS 10.2: Jaguar

OS 10.3: Panther

OS 10.4: Tiger

and the next one OS 10.5, will be called Leopard.

Do you like your Mac?

well.. my old compy (poor compy the movers broke her..used to be othe old old fam comp, i thitn we got her back in 98 or 99) used ME (but it was 98 before i had to update to add on additional hard drive stuff -.-) i was being pestered to update thoguh, but i liked it.. it was old but it worked for me. now my new compy (the old family one) has XP on it and its evil -.- it just is.. i dont htink i even have basic solitair on it! waht ever happend to the good old days!? :thumbs: