LordOfTheBorg

A Voyager Movie?

Do You want a VOY movie?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do You want a VOY movie?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other(EXPLAIN)

Hopefully after Trek 11 fails they consider a DS9 or Voyager movie, but it's unlikely.

Why would any Trek fan want a Star Trek movie to fail? I, for one, have hopes for the new movie. The truth is that if it fails, we won't see Trek again for another five or six years if at all. The general idea at Paramount is that Trek is dead, but they are willing to give it one more shot. And if a movie made by Abrams, a big shot director who made the hit series LOST, fails then it's over.

If we want Trek to live, we need this to succeed. It's not a time to not support Trek, or the nonsupport may kill it

I'd be nice to see a Voyager movie, but that's over. They made it back home. In the future, they may do a movie, but it will be in name only. The TV series Voyager was all about being lost in space, and it won't be the same since they are home already. I'd rather see a DS9 movie, not that I like it better, but it will stick closer to the TV series since it can still take place at DS9.

My dream is that they would do something with ENT so they could bring Trip back, like they did in the noncanon novels

Edited by Gamera

I also would like to see a movie, but it probably will never happen. I really enjoyed many of the characters in Voyager and would like to see more of them, but--as has been said--I would only like to see the movie if it were done correctly. And (not being a huge reader of Star Trek novels, and therefore knowing very little of the supplemental material to the show) I like the way Endgame ended, with mystery and hope. So I suppose it would be pretty tough for them to make a movie that I liked and felt comfortable with. In conclusion (LOL!), I would like a good Voyager movie, but I'm not sure it's possible.

Edited by savagediana

I like the characters of Seven of Nine and of the Doctor, who I met last year in Las Vegas - he is super funny!!! He has made a show with another character, and I laughed with tears!!!

I dislike that this series wasn't appreciated as TNG - the cast was very good indeed.

Voyager is done. They got home and the story ended. Whatever happened to them next can be addressed in fan fictions and novels.

OK I am reading a lot of Star Trek books, fast all of TNG, but they deserved however a movie.

Oddly enough, I wouldn't mind a Voyager movie. Of course...Seven of Nine couldn't be in it, or at least, couldn't have a whole lot of scenes. And Tom Paris would have to go. And oh yeah, his wifey. Um...Chakotay, Tuvok and Kim wouldn't be allowed to wear any clothes. And oh yeah, Vorik would have to be shirtless Bridge Officer. And they'd have to keep the Doctor.

Did I miss anyone?

I'd probably be a bit upset if they made a Voyager movie and not a DS9 movie, of course I'm a total Niner so take that for what it's worth... lol

a DS9 movie to see what happens next after the series finale woulld be alot better IMO then a voyager movie, the voyager crew just wasnt that interesting

I've always wanted to see a DS9 movie. The series finale left a lot of unasnswered questions that I would have liked to have seen resolved.

DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise all have absolutely no chance of ever getting a movie aside from perhaps a direct to DVD release. I like them all but it just isn't going to happen.

None of them have the widespread popularity that TOS and TNG had outside of the core Star Trek fan base for Paramount to justify investing in a movie. We're big, but the most successful films were always able to tap into the general market beyond just the hard core (i.e. TWOK, FC, and especially TVH).

And I just realized I said pretty much this same thing on the first page of this thread. Oh well, don't like it? Talk to the mod of the forum, which is me. Check and mate. j/k

DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise all have absolutely no chance of ever getting a movie aside from perhaps a direct to DVD release. I like them all but it just isn't going to happen.

None of them have the widespread popularity that TOS and TNG had outside of the core Star Trek fan base for Paramount to justify investing in a movie. We're big, but the most successful films were always able to tap into the general market beyond just the hard core (i.e. TWOK, FC, and especially TVH).

And I just realized I said pretty much this same thing on the first page of this thread. Oh well, don't like it? Talk to the mod of the forum, which is me. Check and mate. j/k

There's always a chance... if I ever her the Mega Millions a DS9 movie will get made... :batman:

Ok, so it's not a real big chance...

hey what was the chance of another movie about the original crew, not that big after they killed Kirk, but we get a new movie with Kirk in it, anything can happen

eh....i just don't see it happening. i mean the only way i can see paramount and cbs doing a voyager movie is they would have to dye picardo's hair to the way it was during and after the series ended, pay jeri ryan and kate mungrew a crap load of money, then you have your movie. but the only plot i'd have to see is a all-out war between the alpha quadrant alliance and the borg.

A Voyager movie would make no sense. Their adventure was resloved in the series finale. They got home. What else is there to say? DS9, on the other hand, left us with several unanswered questions that I would love to see resolved in perhaps a TV movie.

The whole Voyager story arc does not have the lasting power of any other Star Trek Series, DS9 story can evolve, TNG still could do a movie with B4 evolving into Data, TOS well new movie is coming out and there is always room for even an Enterprise movie, after watching reruns on SciFi that series got a bad rap! But where can Voyager now go? Janeway is an admiral and like was said the story was wrapped up in the series Finale

I don't think it would work.

IMO, the series itself was poor, the characters (for the most part) were weak and I just don't think there would be wide-enough appeal or demand.

What you said.

I don't think it would work.

IMO, the series itself was poor, the characters (for the most part) were weak and I just don't think there would be wide-enough appeal or demand.

What you said.

What you said he said.

Could it happen? As I just saw one of the topmost posters say, not likely. Maybe by the time somebody invents warp drive!Grin. Hey, then I wanna go to the real D. Quad! (And find Ocampa!) Would love to see one, though.And maybe could get Jennifer L. back in the gang-where she should have been, but I digress...well, the film is at least a wonderful dream....never say never?

I would love to see a Voyager movie. It couldn't really be a story about Voyager in the Delta Quadrant, but I would like to see an extension of Endgame. I'd like to see what happened to each of the characters. It may not be viable as a movie, but I would like something to explain what happens afterwords (and not a cheesy miniseries).