LordOfTheBorg

A Voyager Movie?

Do You want a VOY movie?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do You want a VOY movie?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other(EXPLAIN)

Was looking at the ds9 movie thread, and i was wondering if anyone would want a VOY movie? i would, but i dont know if the fan base of VOY is big enough that it would really make any money at box office.

Meh. I've only seen a few episodes. I don't have enough experience to know.

I don't think it would work.

IMO, the series itself was poor, the characters (for the most part) were weak and I just don't think there would be wide-enough appeal or demand.

For me, it's not whether I want one or not but more I don't think it will happen. I really like Voyager but I think they pretty much wrapped it up when they got home. I can't imagine the crew still being together especially with Janeway now an admiral. We also don't know whether the former Maquis members would be welcomed by Starfleet. I understand it is not canon that they were offered amnesty.

The only new Star Trek movie that I'd want to see is a DS9 movie. I don't believe that will ever happen but that's the only one I'm interested in seeing. If another movie is made that is not DS9 based I'll still go see it but I'm only "rooting" for DS9.

From watching these DVDs I have grown to really like Voyager. There were lots of great episodes and I find the characters very interesting. Sure, I would rather a DS9 movie but I would welcome a Voyager movie too. I just don't see it happening. The whole idea of the show was that they were lost in the Delta quadrant. I know this has been thrown out there before but a 'mixed crew' trek movie might work. It would probably be the only way we would see members of the Voyager crew in a movie..

It'd at least be better than this prequel idea Berman and Braga are talking about at the moment...

But still, I wouldn't want a Voyager movie to happen... I'm not much fond of Voyager... so I voted NO. I just wouldn't be very interested in seeing Janeway or Chakotay. Ew. :lol:

i wouldn't mind a voyager movie if it was based on christie golden's novels homecoming and the farther shore which take place after voyager returns home. they were both good novels the and would make a great movie.

tm :lol:

Other. I'd see the movie but I know it will never happen. When TOS and TNG wrapped up all the characters were still together and so the movie transition was easy. Both the DS9 and VGR crews were too broken up when the series ended that they would waste too much time getting back together. Add to the fact that both series wrapped up their plots pretty well at the end so there is no way a movie could be done to accurately reflect the series. And neither series was as generally popular as TOS or TNG (which is why an Enterprise movie is unlikely).

So basically, the only feasible direction is to go with an all new crew.

No....I....just no.

When Voyager first started out it was such a promising show.I LOVED the 1st season.The characters were great,especially Tom Paris,Harry kin,and The Doctor.I even liked Neelix.But something happened along the way.Neelix became a chef and a baby sitter instead of an experienced Delta Quadrant spacer...Paris went from bad boy to model officer,and Harry...poor Harry remained an ensign for 7-years.That and the storylines seemed to become increasingly weak (with a few exceptions).

Aw,to tell the truth...I never forgave them for axing Seska....that Cardassian,I would have sold out the UFP for.... :thumbs:

Why must you Hold my hopes and dreams before as a carrot on a fishing pole?

'ever shall I long to see the movie of Voyager, and never shall it be true.

I voted "no" ... mainly because all it would be about is Seven. She was good enough character and all, but that last season .... pairing her up with Chakotay? That was stupid. Chakotay needed to be with Janeway and none of them should ever have gotten home. Had they left them in the Delta Quadrant, there would have been a "movie" in that ... big homecoming, Voyager finally reaching Federation space, Chakotay and Janeway dealing with the Maquis thing, B'lanna and Tom dealing with the same situation.

I just don't think there is anything left to say about any of the characters I want them to say it about. As much as I hated Kes, I didn't like Seven even more. T&A is just kind of boring and that is all she was there for. Likewise T'Pol in Enterprise....yawn.

You see, when the crew got home, this is what happened:

The ship - Retired and placed in Starfleet Museum.

Janeway - Became an Admiral. Found her dog. Killed that bloke she was with in the first episode for not waiting for her.

Chakotay - Moves to that Native American planet where Wesley Crusher became GOD.

Tuvok - Goes back to Vulcan, finds his wife, locks himself in the bedroom with her and has a little PON FARR action.

Paris/Torres/Their Hybrid Kid - Happily ever after.

Kim - Gets married......to a bloke!!!!

Doctor - They download his entire medical database then shut him down. His batteries must have run out by now.

Seven Of Nine - Gets together with Brannon Braga. Kills him. We celebrate.

So there you are. No movie necessary. :thumbs:

I must agree the story potential for a VOY film is lacking but it'd be cool to see any of the main characters as part of some larger story based in that time.

They already ended the whole Voyager storyline. They got home, just like they wanted to. I mean, it would be cool if there was like, a Gilligan's Island thing where they end up in the Delta quadrant AGAIN, but that would kinda just be stupid. or maybe the Borg came to earth. I dunno. If they ade one, it wouldn't be easy.

The movie wouldn't have to take place after the series, it could take place during it. Like a side story that was never shown. Like... Stuff could happen. Villains could come. They could be defeated. Stuff like that.

There's always possibilities in Sci-Fi, they could come up with a story that would bring them all back together. I don't believe it would be a successful venture though.

the actors a kinda too old for that. also, it would just be like an episode.

333060[/snapback]

Voyager is a recent series. They did Nemesis and TNG ended in 1994. Who do you think would look older? :lol:

I would like a movie that has a mixture of the 24th Century shows ( TNG, DS9,VOY). :lol:

I think it would do better in the box office if you had a mixture of the crews from the 24th Century. :lol: :lol:

The Doctor, Seven Of Nine and Tom Paris are the only VOY characters worthy of DS9.

The rest are useless, and I wouldn't want any other VOY characters to have anything to do with DS9.

I would prefer a DS9 movie instead.

I think there are many possibilities with a DS9 movie.

• What actually happened to Capt Sisko?
    How are the Bajorians doing after the War?
    What became of the Station after Starfleet left?

The possibilities are endless.

I don't think it would be enough to sustain a movie.

They generally left that open.

The thing with DS9 and VOY is that both shows ended conclusively.

Sisko fulfilled his role and Emissary, and VOY got home.

And that was it.

Another TNG movie won't happen after the failure of NEM.

Obviously there won't be anymore TOS movies.

An ENT movie is out of the question.

My big thing about people saying that Voyager ended because they got home is yes they got home but you don't even see them get to earth maybe it is not worth a movie but I would love to see what happend with everybody the relunch books helped and the story was really good but I have always wished they would not have had all that time in the start of the show in the future so we could have seen more at the end.