Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

What's Your Bloodline?

Well, I don't know about bloodlines but as for countries of origin:

The ones I've been able to determine are: Germany, Austria, Bavaria, Salzburg (now Austria), England, Ireland, Scotland, France and Native America, my surname is Scotch Irish but I haven't traced that line out of the US yet.

My father's family were originally from Bavaria.We still have a lot of family in Germany.My mother's family history is harder to come by.I know my mother's grandmother was full-blood Choctaw.There may be some Irish blood swirling around my mother's family.All I know is that I have quite a few relatives that look like Colm Meaney (even the women... :thumbs: ).

Without going into long lists... I will add that my last name is Americanized form of my grandfather's name. Since one letter in our family name is not in the American/English alphabet.. but on my father's side I am only second generation American (The German & Irish that was from his side came from my grandmother). My grandfather was born in Bergen, Norway.

As far as I know on my mom's side I am only fourth or fifth generation American (via my Grandfather, since his family originated from Denmark)... the rest of the ancestries on my mom's side is from my grandmother(and her side of the family as far as I remember have been in America a little while longer). I believe there is also Danish on my grandma's side of the family too. The part of Germany that my family line is from(where my maternal grandmother is concerned) is Hesse-Kessel. And the Scottish, there is one main Clan(which is also my grandmother's maiden name) as well as one or two others in my family lineage.

hm, weelll i was born and raised in canda, on my mums side everyone is pureblooded ukrainian. on my dads side, my grandmother is 100% irish my grandpa is scottich and french and... i thitnk that might be it.. thers probly somehtign else mixed in there that i dont know about..

my grandfathers side of the family is very proud of thier scottish heritage. i know one of my relatives has our entire history memorise back a looong way, but we are trying to get it all out of him cuz hes dying from cancer. its very hard fro him to keep his mind on one thing now the cancer is all in his brian, but i figure that ok cuz we all know the basics, and then some little details we dont really need. and we all have our family crest displays in at least one place in our house.

^.^ hehe, kiss me! im irish! :(

English and Irish mostly - bit of Scottish in there somewhere back there but I still haven't gotten round to investigating my family tree.

My grandad's great uncle was renowned scientist John Dalton and apparently one of my grandmother's ancestors was a survivor of the charge of the light brigade. can't say either trait has bred true!

I myself consider myself Mancunian above anything else :(

To put it simply... a lot. :(

To spell it out... Irish, English, Scottish, German, French, Austrian, Russian, Finnish (I think), and Portuguese. (Nobility in the Austrian and Russian parts.)

On my mothers side my paternal great grandparents came Ireland (to Boston) and English on my fathers side.

An interesting story (to me anyway), on my mothers side our line can be traced back through her mother to the Civil War in North Carolina. 6 brothers were in the Army and were all in the same unit. During a battle all 6 brothers were behind a fallen tree for cover when a cannon fired and hit their location killing 5 of the 6 brothers. My family comes from the 6th brother (the one that lived). If he had been in another position behind the log or traded places with one of his brothers I wouldn't be here right now.

Mostly German, Dutch, and some Greek. Neither my dad or mom's side had much German but when summed up German it is the biggest component. My dad was mostly Dutch and Van Roy is a Dutch name. As for famous relatives I have an ancestor on my dad's mom's side who was one of the original signers of the US Constitution. He was eventually ran out of both his office in a political scandal (which might have been signing the Comstitution).

That I know of Welsh (pretty obvious if you know my last name), Irish, English and French.

Portuguese and German on my Dad's side, Scottish, Dutch, and German on my Mom's side.

im primarily an decent of slaves. my last name, Farmer, was passed down from the Irish slave master after the civil war.

Do you REALLY want to post your real name on a website?.......Think about it....... :)