• Dial-Up
    • T1
    • T2
    • Internet2(university, etc.)
    • Cable
    • Wireless
    • Lan
    • Other

Why is T-2 even on the list? Only places I can think of with T-2 (or T-1 for that mater) would likely have MORE then T-2.

I have Cable.

Comcast Cable which is really speeding up lately. I believe it is up to 4.5Mbps now.

Comcast, which went out last night B)

Doesn't happen often at night, but I was online IMing with friends and *poof* it was all gone in seconds. :lol: :huh: :huh:

I believe it is up to 4.5Mbps now.

331265[/snapback]

That’s impossible, coax can’t support that speed. I think you are thinking 450 Kbps (that's a much more realistic speed).

Well...I said LAN, but it's really that we have a wireless LAN hooked into a DSL connection which is really a modified dial-up connection! :huh: Did I put down the right choice?

I believe it is up to 4.5Mbps now.

331265[/snapback]

That’s impossible, coax can’t support that speed. I think you are thinking 450 Kbps (that's a much more realistic speed).

331349[/snapback]

My service is that speed. Do you want to see the benchmarks?

OK, here are the benchmarks. DSL is over 450K

http://www.comcast.com/dreamhome/dsl.html

331460[/snapback]

That's download speed; not connection speed, there is somewhat of a difference... and I think we may also have confusion with MBps vs. Mbps (the cap on the b makes it a different measurement, B is byte; b is bit).

Only thing I am sure on is this B vs. b vs. BM is confusing, so, thank you; good bye. *leaves topic* :lol:

I've got SBC Yahoo! DSL, and it is the worst ISP I've ever had. Every month it stops working, and I gotta call tech support, and it's not even that fast. I clocks out at like 650kbps, where Verizon DSL is 3.0mbps, for comparison, there are 1024 kbps in one mbps, mbps is Mega Bits Per Second.

you think 650kbps is bad, try my dial up internet. I got 45.2 kbps... on lucky days, i get 48.0kbps... and now you think ur internet is bad?

EDIT: letters mixed up

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

OK, here are the benchmarks. DSL is over 450K

http://www.comcast.com/dreamhome/dsl.html

331460[/snapback]

That's download speed; not connection speed, there is somewhat of a difference... and I think we may also have confusion with MBps vs. Mbps (the cap on the b makes it a different measurement, B is byte; b is bit).

Only thing I am sure on is this B vs. b vs. BM is confusing, so, thank you; good bye. *leaves topic* B)

331832[/snapback]

I did use the small b. By the way, a broadband, modem speed varies quite a bit in speed. It depends on the site you are browsing. Many sites do not support Cable speed. In fact, some sites do not even support DSL speed.

Also, there are 8 bits in a byte. :lol: