Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Best Episode...

What is the best /classic episode from each season of TNG? (Only one per season please)

Season:

1/ Conspiracy

2/ The Measure of a Man

3/ Yesterday's Enterprise

4/ Remember Me

5/ Cause and Effect

6/ Tapestry

7/ All Good Things

Hmmm

Season 1-"Datalore"

Season 2-"Q Who?"

Season 3-"The Offspring"

Season 4-"Family"

Season 5-"Unification, Part II"

Season 6-"Timescape"

Season 7-"Masks"

I'll have you know that I was arguing with myself over my choices..and still am :lol:

I'm going to try my best to name only one for each season but that is really asking a lot!!! Wink.gif

Season 1 - The Big Goodbye - second choice Datalore.

Season 2 - Q Who - second choices would be The Measure of a Man, The Schizoid Man and The Royale.

Season 3 - The Offspring although that was a tough choice - close second to Deja Q, Yesterday's Enterprise and Sarek. Best of Both Worlds definitely in my group as well.

Season 4 - Brothers - second choice tie includes Family, Final Mission, Best of Both Worlds Part 2, The Drumhead and Data's Day.

Season 5 - The Inner Light - close seconds to Cause and Effect, Power Play, Disaster, I, Borg and Time's Arrow Part 1.

Season 6 - Chain of Command Part 1&2 - second choices would be Time's Arrow Part 2, Tapestry, Fistful of Datas, Frame of Mind, Face of the Enemy, Timescape and Descent Part 1.

Season 7 - All Good Things Part 1&2 followed closely by Thine Own Self, Descent Part 2, Gambit Part 1&2, Eye of the Beholder, Phantasms and Lower Decks.

Now you know why I don't usually answer the favourite/best episode threads or polls - I have too hard a time choosing. Ponder.gif

Season 1: Conspiracy

Season 2: Contagion (Underrated gem of an episode too)

Season 3: The Defector

Season 4: Remember Me

Season 5: The Inner Light

Season 6: Tapestry

Season 7: All Good Things

Runner ups for all seasons:

Season 1: Heart of Glory, The Arsenal of Freedom

Season 2: Measure of a Man, Peek Performance

Season 3: The Enemy, Sins of the Father

Season 4: Family, Brothers, Final Mission

Season 5: Power Play, The First Duty

Season 6: Relics, Frame of Mind

Season 7: Thine Own Self, Lower Decks

Worst episodes of each season

Season 1: When the Bough Brakes

Season 2: The Outrageous Okona

Season 3: Menage a Troi

Season 4: The Loss

Season 5: Cost of Living

Season 6: Man of the People

Season 7: Homeward

1- "The Big Goodbye"

2- "Shades of Grey" Only because it was the last ep with Pulaski.. B)

3- "The High Ground"

4- "The Host"

5- "The Inner Light"

6- "Rascals" with "Timescape" in a very close second..

7- "Attached" :lol:

2- "Shades of Grey" Only because it was the last ep with Pulaski.. :lol:

lol!

ok, this is really really hard!

1) The Big Goodbye (runner ups : conspiracy and datalore)

2) Measure of a Man (runner up:Q-who)

3)The offspring (runner ups: yesterdays enterprise, deja Q)

4)the best of both worlds (very close runner ups:remember me, family, brothers, and datas day)

5)The Inner light (runner ups:casue and effect, times arrow)

6)Ship in a Bottle (close runner ups: a Fistful of Datas, chain of command, starship mine)

7: all good things (close runner ups: attached, and parallels)

1: The Big Goodbye

2: Elementary, Dear Data

3: Sins of the Father (but could be any one of several)

4: Clues (or one of several)

5: Cause and Effect (same as above)

6: Timescape (same as above)

7: Gambit, Parts I & II (same as above)

I picked some that are my favorites but to say they are the best is too hard. So many great episodes.

1: Encounter at Farpoint

2: A Matter of Honor

3: Yesterday's Enterprise

4: Family

5:The Next Phase

6: a tie between Relics and Rascals

7: another tie. Firstborn and All Good Things...

This is hard!

1) Datalore

2) Measure to a man

3) Offspring (Yesterday enterprise)

4) Best of both worlds (Brother)

5) Unification

6) Chain of Command

7) Gambit

And I'm sure if you would ask tomorrow, I'll change my mind...

As I haven't seen all episodes of TNG- this list is likely to change :)

Season 1: The Big Goodbye

Season 2: Elementary Dear Data

Season 3: The Offspring

Season 4: The Host (haven't seen much of this season)

Season 5: Time's Arrow

Season 6: Chain of Command ( a really good season- too hard to choose)

Season 7: Masks (Same as above- too hard to choose)

Thanks for this thread. I now know which season set I need to buy next- Season 4. B)

1. I really liked Last Outpost and the Big Good=bye

2. Measure of Man and Peak Performance

3. Offspring, without a doubt (though Deja Q is second)

4. This is really hard, so I'll just put the fisrt that came into my head - Brothers - though I liked many others just as much.

5. I, Borg - loved this episode

6. Realm of Fear :laugh:

7. I'm putting Inheritance, but I haven't actually seen that many of this season :lol:

Since my explanations reveal plot points of my episode selections, I'll enclose it all in spoiler space.

Click for Spoiler:

1: "Conspiracy". I was tempted to say "The Naked Now", because that episode makes me laugh to this day, but "Conspiracy" was truly an epic for its time. This episode, plus "Coming of Age" which is its precursor, has it all--plot, intrigue, action, good fight scenes, and the goriest ending to a Trek episode that I've ever seen.

2: "The Measure of a Man". Real courtroom drama. This, along with "The Offspring", really takes the whole Data/humanity story arc to another level, albeit indirectly. Riker did a great job as a prosecuting lawyer, even though he hated it.

3: "The Defector". I found it difficult to choose this season's best, as a number of episodes really stood out: "The Hunted", "Deja Q", "Yesterday's Enterprise", "The Offspring", "The Most Toys", "Menage a Trois", and of course, "The Best of Both Worlds". However, "The Defector" took the cake for a few reasons. This is really the episode that, in my mind, transformed TNG from a good show into a GREAT show. You really didn't know how things were going to turn out until the end, which is hard to do in 'modern' television. Would the Enterprise prevent a war, or inadvertently start one? This episode was thick with mystery and intrigue, and the ending blew me away the first time I watched it.

4: "The Drumhead". Season four is my personal favorite, and it would be easier for me to cite the bad episodes rather than the good ones. "The Drumhead" stood out in season four due to its witchhunt story that culminated in Picard himself being put on trial in a manner of speaking. Worf even sides with the antagonists for the majority of the episode. This episode was also indirectly a part of the ongoing Klingon/Romulan story arc going through this season, and the DS9 fan in me loves story arcs, of course.

5: "I, Borg". In this post-Voyager climate of Borg overexposure, it's easy to dismiss this episode as just Star Trek milking one of its most popular adversaries for ratings. But this episode goes so much deeper than that. Picard and Guinan each have their perceptions of the Borg challenged here, and the idea of genocide is considered as an option, even if some would consider it not to be genocide. In the midst of it all, Geordi forms a bond with the Borg of the hour, Hugh, and as a result, the Borg would never be the same.

6: "Chain of Command, Part II". "Tapestry" really gave this episode a run for its money, but I think the ending of this episode really stood out. I singled out Part II because this episode really focused on the breaking of Picard, and contrary to what people probably thought going into this episode, Picard comes to the brink of breaking, if not for the timing of the Enterprise and Captain Jellico. In a moment of honest vulnerability, Picard admits to Troi that he would have told Gul Madred anything he wanted, and would have believed that there were five lights.

7: "Lower Decks". A real character piece, where we get to meet and get to know some mostly unknown characters on the Enterprise, the "little people" if you will. This episode highlights the realities of life in Starfleet when you're not one of the seven highest people on the ship, when you're given orders and you usually don't know the whole story. Or, sometimes, you do know, and you're not allowed to discuss it with anyone. It's almost a stark mirror of real life, in that nobody really knows what's going on in the larger scheme of things, they just know what they know and do what they do.

I think that's enough rambling for one night. :D

This list is based on how well the slogan "New Life" was expressed, some of them was difficult to narrow down.

Conspiracy

The Dauphin

Transfigurations

The Nth Degree

Darmok

The Chase

Force of Nature

Season 1: The Big Good-Bye and Consparicy

Season 2: Q Who

Season 3: Offspring

Season 4: Data's Day

Season 5: Innerlight

Season 6: Chain Of Command

Season 7: All good things, Eyes of the beholder, Journeys End, and Force of Nature.

What is the best /classic episode from each season of TNG? (Only one per season please)

Season:

1/ Conspiracy

2/ The Measure of a Man

3/ Yesterday's Enterprise

4/ Remember Me

5/ Cause and Effect

6/ Tapestry

7/ All Good Things

Great choices, glad to see I wasn't the only one who really liked Remember Me.