1. 1. Which species of Xindi is your favorite

• Aquatics
    • Arboreals
    • Insectoids
    • Primates
    • Reptilians

I have to say the Aquatics too.

Edited by Matt

I wonder why this poll seems so one-sided. I also voted for the Aquatics. I liked them because they gave issues a lot of thought before acting, except toward the end when to do so would have been counterproducutive. Then they were able to make the right decision quickly.

It makes me think about the Xindi council in general. When the power of the five species was equal, they seemed to effectively serve their peoples. The different personalities of the different species kept one another in check. In particular the Aquatics seemed to keep things in balance. But maybe that was an illusion all along since those time-travelling aliens were manipulating everything. And when it served their own needs to destroy the balance, they played on the hubris of the reptilians and the suspicious nature of the insectoids to break up the council.

It's a tie for me between the Aquatics and the Reptilians. So I placed a vote on the Reptilians, since no one else had. The Aquatics was rather cool, and they were good at thinking stuff through. And the reason for why it was a tie between them and the Reptilians, is that ... well... the Reptilians looked rather cool as well, and they were someone you just don't want to mess with.

:veryangry:

Edited by 3 of 7

I would like to add another choice.

"NONE"....

I didn't like that whole storyline. They wasted a whole season on it.

The Reptilians were my faves. I thought that they were more animated and passionate than the other Xindis.

I'm with Hayes on this one.

I would like to add another choice.

"NONE"....

I didn't like that whole storyline. They wasted a whole season on it.

true...i mean, shoot a probe into the expanse, find the xindi homeworld, and bomb the living hell out of it before they sent the weapon....but no. they just had to make archer look more of a bad guy just at the expense to end the series

Edited by tj_hawk

I'd have to say none. The only really interesting thing about the Xindi were that they were an alliance of different species, like the federation, and unlike all other ST enemies like the Romuland and Caradassians who were usually alone. If they make a new Trek series perhaps they should consider using Remans on Romulan ships and Bajoran collaborators on Cardassian ships.

Anyway despite this I never liked the Xindi, and the reason is that I loathed the Xindi story line and the entire third season. It was sickening to see Archer and friends acting all noble and at the same time commit heinous deeds lowering them to no better than everything they fought against. And to keep hearing Archer justify everything with the empty phrase 'The importance of this mission'. A mission that kept changing face and purpose as the story went along anyway. It was like a Trek suicide. As far as I am concerned the entire third season is best ignored. Or at worst considered a propaganda effort by the Xindi to discredit Earth.

While I wasn't a fan of the storyline, I went with it, because by the time I got around to the Xindi, I pretty much had come to realize that the creaotrs of Enterprise were bound and determined to make each season a mini-series, and all mini-series seasons tied together in a way that I absolutely hated.

That said, I feel I related most to the Aquatics.