Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Should Patrick and TNG come back?

Should Patrick and TNG come back?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Patrick and TNG come back?

• Yes
    • No

There had better be another TNG movie...or else!

i think that data could come back. i do think that tng should end a little better. with the 11th movie, tng comes to an end, but all ends will be wrapped up and every fan will be completely satisfied with the outcome and the way it ends. i want tng to go out with a blaze of glory, not a box-office failure.

please! i want just one more tng movie, then the series can move on.

i think that data could come back. i do think that tng should end a little better. with the 11th movie, tng comes to an end, but all ends will be wrapped up and every fan will be completely satisfied with the outcome and the way it ends. i want tng to go out with a blaze of glory, not a box-office failure.

I could not have put it better myself! :lol:

I could not have put it better myself! B)

I agree Lessa. This was very well put!

Did the Romulans beam him off at the last second? Did we see Data destroyed? Were any of his components recovered? Remember all those Romulan cyberneticists that would "love to be that close" to data?

Two things I've learned in Sci-Fi, nothing is impossible and don't assume anything.

It's not impossible for Data's head or body to have survived, look at the components from the Columbia that survived burnning up on reentry in real life. It's also possible for the Romulans to have whisked him away at the last second in hopes of studying him. So don't assume he's dead just because the movie left us believing he is.

oh, and yes I agree VBG! They have recovered a great deal of components from the Columbia, as well as the fact they were able to recover the remains of the astronauts so that they can receive a proper burial. So your points are very very valid here.

Yes, Data may have beamed out...  however, there's no way he could'a survived the explossion.  The Collumbia burned up upon uncontrolled re-entry.  The Schimitar exploded into a ball of fire, with very little left.  Data was standing right infront of the source of the explossion.  Somehow, I don't think he could'a survived.

To say Data "Couldn't survive" isn't a "sci-fi" way of thinking. This is all make believe so anything is possible.

Could someone transfer their soul into another person right before death so that their body may somehow be cured and then have someone else transfer their soul back into the now healed body? Is that possible? Not in reality but it is in Sci-Fi.

My point is, the only time Data will really be "dead" is when the actor Brent Spinner dies in real life.

Not to mention what was already said, we only

think

Data is dead. No one has given any solid proof he is dead yet. Where are the salvaged components? Surely they would have looked for some.

Data was on the Schimitar. The Schimitar exploded, with most of the ship vaporised. For all intents and purposes, Data's dead until there's another movie that brings him back, which I doubt will happen. Just like with ST-II:TWOK, after it ended, Spock was dead in much the same way, untill he was brought back at the end of ST-III:TSFS.

In conclussion: Data's dead unless they bring him back. That was the intention of the end of the movie, I believe.

Data was on the Schimitar.  The Schimitar exploded, with most of the ship vaporised.  For all intents and purposes, Data's dead until there's another movie that brings him back, which I doubt will happen.  Just like with ST-II:TWOK, after it ended, Spock was dead in much the same way, untill he was brought back at the end of ST-III:TSFS.

In conclussion: Data's dead unless they bring him back.  That was the intention of the end of the movie, I believe.

So you mean we have to Assume data is dead because we Think he was on the ship at the instant of destruction. And we also have to Assume that none of Data's vital components survived if indeed he was on the ship through the explosion. We also must Assume that Brent will never want to play Data again and the Writers will never want to write a Data role again.

I just re-watched the final moments of the movie. Never once do they say Data is dead. The closest they get is "Absent Friends" as a toast.

So anyone that says Data is dead is only Assuming.

And most people know what do when you Assume.

Why is it easier to believe that Spock could transfer his soul into McCoy's head for safe keeping and then get it back after his body is "re-born" and goes from infant to adult man in about 45 minutes then it is for you to believe Data may not be dead? That there is a Sci-Fi way he could have survived or be brought back?

Again though, I ask for proof that Data is dead. Not an assumption, proof.

I want Brent Spiner and Patrick Stewart to have major roles - cameos from either will not do.

But they have had major roles in all the TNG movies... Look at the posters and movie covers whos on them?? Picard, Data and sometimes the bad guy..

I could ramble on about this forever but I won't.. B) I just think that they need to move on to a different character but that doesn't mean that they still wouldn't have a major role...

I voted yes and I think that there are ways Data could be alive..

Like I've said before I think TNG(all the cast) needs to pass the torch like TOS did..

With TOS they could pull off not having everyone there for the passing of the torch but I think for TNG they need all the cast or it won't work..

Ok done rambling... :lol:

I want Brent Spiner and Patrick Stewart to have major roles - cameos from either will not do.

But they have had major roles in all the TNG movies... Look at the posters and movie covers whos on them?? Picard, Data and sometimes the bad guy..

Sorry for the confusion about my post bevfank. I should have quoted CJLP when I posted originally.

He said:

I'd like to see some of the TNG cast return for the 11th movie, with Picard making a cameo or having a small role since he doesn't want to star in another movie.

What I was attempting to say was that when the next movie is made that having Brent Spiner and Patrick Stewart making cameo appearances would not be enough for me.

READY TO RAMBLE!!! -ok, i heard Stewart in an X2 interview say that he wouldn't be averse to another installment ... i thought Nemesis succeded brilliantly as a sequel, but the numbers may not have been there, and i blame that on Frakes ... Insurrection was a trumped up TV episode, and i almost didn't bother with Nemesis because of the prior disappointment ... i think the same fate befell the Undiscovered Country, due to the previous (and pitiful) Where No Man Has Gone; Shatner's grandstanding at it's worst - as for Data being dead, COME ON!!! ... we are ST fans and we know better!!! -now, who's next, right? ... the whole argument over DS9 or Voyager; although i'm Voyager biased, anyone who has seen either series knows they are BOTH worthy of the torch, sooo .... why not BOTH??? ... here we have studios putting out (i've said this before) masterpieces like Matrix and Lord of the Rings ... hello, Paramount, where are you???? anyone home??? -a stupendous franchise, guaranteed success, and ... ??? -it's time for our favourite studio to put there money into the next installment (s!!!) - there is no reason that both DS9 and Voyager cannot graduate to the next level ... with the proper powers in place, we could have some serious works of SF art on our hands, not to mention creating a whole new generation of ST fans - i call for Paramount to get it's proverbial in gear ... and no more grand-standing, eh? B)

i thought Nemesis succeded brilliantly as a sequel, but the numbers may not have been there, and i blame that on Frakes ... Insurrection was a trumped up TV episode, and i almost didn't bother with Nemesis because of the prior disappointment ...

I agree that Insurrection had something to do with the Nemesis numbers but I wouldn't blame Jonathan Frakes for Insurrection. He apparently had quite a few battles with the PTB over the film so what was on the big screen was not the vision of Frakes. I had read that Insurrection is the only movie he's directed that he would love to do a director's edition for so he could get his vision seen.

I personally would love to see another TNG movie. I agree that there are so many possibilities for bringing back Data, the Romulans, his head surviving, and how are we to know that the weapons explosion did not cause a short lived temporal rift that sent him ahead in time by a few months or a year.

Sorry for the confusion about my post bevfank. I should have quoted CJLP when I posted originally.

He said:

I'd like to see some of the TNG cast return for the 11th movie, with Picard making a cameo or having a small role since he doesn't want to star in another movie.

What I was attempting to say was that when the next movie is made that having Brent Spiner and Patrick Stewart making cameo appearances would not be enough for me.

Sorry I misunderstood..

But.. My statement stands... B)

I would like to see a "crossover"... Voy - Ds9 and TNG ...

A war or something...

Seriously, right now, I don't feel like a TNG movie without Data....

I've just gotta know, what's the obsession with Data? Just becuase Spock died and came back, does that mean we need to do that story all over again? Does every Trek character that dies have to be brought back? Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of AI characters as I loved Data and the Holo-Doc. However, all this "Bring back Data!" stuff is getting old. From what I saw in the movie, Data was right infront of the radiation generator. He fires his phaser and BOOM! We all know how long a transporter zurm takes, and I don't think there was time to beam out. It looked to me like we saw the beginning "flash" of the boom reflect off Data before the Schimitar exploded. As far as I am concerned, Data is dead. Does that mean he can come back? I say yes via B4, without B4 becoming Data as that'd be cheap, or another android body. However, I don't think Data's physical body survived. Would I like to see a 5th TNG movie? Absoluetely! They could do a 5th TNG film about Riker and the Titan, Picard could have a cameo in the beginning, then that'd leave 2 places to be filled in by new or established characters. I don't mind all this talk about a 5th TNG, it's possible ya know! It's just the talk of Data's resurrection that gets old.

Well, what are your thoughts?

I think Data's not dead. I think Q whisked him out of there just in the Ta-Da! Nick of Time. I can’t say exactly the form Q has given him but one way or another, he’s Alive!

I think Data's not dead. I think Q whisked him out of there just in the Ta-Da! Nick of Time. I can’t say exactly the form Q has given him but one way or another, he’s Alive!

Now that's plausable. I just can't buy the "Data's head survived the mega-explossion and is floating arround!" theory. :laugh:

I think Data downloaded his core to the other android for a very good reason - now Data's original character, that of pinnochio lost, is restored - we get all the innocence, all the quirks, and no messing around from his 'emotion ' chip - see the design? Not to be a stinker, but I knew he was dead as soon as the download happened ... you know, Tonto will NEVER die, and neither will Lone Ranger....

I like that idea. 1038408876.gif