Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Should Patrick and TNG come back?

Should Patrick and TNG come back?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Patrick and TNG come back?

• Yes
    • No

Well, before I vote, answer me this: Would you define a TNG movie as a movie with the full cast, minus Data since he died in NEMESIS, or a movie with at least 2 TNG characters with lead roles?

A TNG film would involve the following characters:

Picard

Riker

Worf

Geordi

Troy

Dr Crusher

and possibly Data (in one way or another depending on plot).

Well, before I vote, answer me this: Would you define a TNG movie as a movie with the full cast, minus Data since he died in NEMESIS, or a movie with at least 2 TNG characters with lead roles?

Picard

Riker

Worf

Geordi

Troy

Dr Crusher

Well, Generations was also a TOS movie, and it only had Kirk, Scotty, and Chekov. :rolleyes:

I voted yes, but I also think it could involve other cast members from another series, as Generations did.

Picard

Riker

Worf

Geordi

Troy

Dr Crusher

Well, Generations was also a TOS movie, and it only had Kirk, Scotty, and Chekov. :rolleyes:

The intention of this poll is to discuss whether we think there should be a next generation film, I consider Generations to be a Next Generation film because that is the crew that the majority of the film revolves around. The defination of a TNG film in this poll is one that stars the whole cast (with the possible exception of Data depending on plot) and one or two cameos from other series (if any).

Picard

Riker

Worf

Geordi

Troy

Dr Crusher

The intention of this poll is to discuss whether we think there should be a next generation film, I consider Generations to be a Next Generation film because that is the crew that the majority of the film revolves around. The defination of a TNG film in this poll is one that stars the whole cast (with the possible exception of Data depending on plot) and one or two cameos from other series (if any).

Ah, well, if you look above, I did vote and provide my imput on what I'd like to see. As for Generations, it's both a TOS and a TNG movie. The first 20 mins is on the Enterprise-B with Kirk, Scotty, and Chekov, while there's another 30 mins with the Nexus and the conflict with Soran where Picard and Kirk save Verridian III. As I see it, it was both a TOS and a TNG movie. :ph34r:

I really want to know what John Logan had in mind for a sequel to Nemesis. I want at least one more TNG movie and I have absolutely no interest in a DS9 or Voyager movie at all. I want Brent Spiner and Patrick Stewart to have major roles - cameos from either will not do.

I really want to know what John Logan had in mind for a sequel to Nemesis.  I want at least one more TNG movie and I have absolutely no interest in a DS9 or Voyager movie at all.  I want Brent Spiner and Patrick Stewart to have major roles - cameos from either will not do.

Well, let's just assume for a moment that NEMESIS is the last TNG movie. With that said, would there be no more "new Trek" for you? Why wouldn't you see a DS9 or VOY movie? Just currious. :rolleyes:

I firmly believe that there will be another TNG movie.

I have watched very little of DS9 and some Voyager but I do not have anywhere near the emotional attachment or investment in those series as I do TNG. If there isn't (God forbid) another TNG movie Trek will not be over for me. I have my TNG DVDs and I love Enterprise. I will go to Enterprise movies when they move to the big screen.

I have watched very little of DS9 and some Voyager but I do not have anywhere near the emotional attachment or investment in those series as I do TNG.  If there isn't (God forbid) another TNG movie Trek will not be over for me.  I have my TNG DVDs and I love Enterprise.  I will go to Enterprise movies when they move to the big screen.

Ah, so you like TOS, TNG, and ENT, just not DS9 and VOY, eh?

I have watched very little of DS9 and some Voyager but I do not have anywhere near the emotional attachment or investment in those series as I do TNG.  If there isn't (God forbid) another TNG movie Trek will not be over for me.  I have my TNG DVDs and I love Enterprise.  I will go to Enterprise movies when they move to the big screen.

I have seen very little TOS and none of their movies (I don't consider Generations to be a TOS movie). I don't "dislike" any Trek series per se but I had trouble getting into DS9 and stopped watching and only within the last year started watching Voyager but the time it is on where I live is not helpful for my viewing it. The Voyager episodes that I have seen I have enjoyed. I don't love any of those series in the way that I love TNG. The more I watch Enterprise the more I love it but TNG will always be my favourite.

I voted no. I love TNG the best, but it's over. I really hope they don't try to do another TNG movie.

I have seen very little TOS and none of their movies (I don't consider Generations to be a TOS movie). I don't "dislike" any Trek series per se but I had trouble getting into DS9 and stopped watching and only within the last year started watching Voyager but the time it is on where I live is not helpful for my viewing it. The Voyager episodes that I have seen I have enjoyed. I don't love any of those series in the way that I love TNG. The more I watch Enterprise the more I love it but TNG will always be my favourite.

Ah, well, you should go rent the TOS movies 2 at a time. The 6th one's set just a few months to a year before the prequal scene from Generations. Even if ya don't like TOS, rent 1-6, they rock!

Who says Data's dead? We don't know that. The ship blew up while we think he was on it but there are endless possibilities as to how Data might not be dead.

Maybe his body was destroyed but his head survived and B4 will malfunction requiring them to put Data's found head on it and Poof Data... that one would be a bit obvious but it could be written in.

They brought Spock back why not be able to bring Data back?

I myself thing this is the perfecty time for a DS9 movie. Not a mixed cast movie, a DS9 movie. Sure they can throw Riker in for a few sceens or Geordi. But it's time now to start a new line of movie.

Who says Data's dead? We don't know that. The ship blew up while we think he was on it but there are endless possibilities as to how Data might not be dead.

Maybe his body was destroyed but his head survived and B4 will malfunction requiring them to put Data's found head on it and Poof Data... that one would be a bit obvious but it could be written in.

I myself thing this is the perfecty time for a DS9 movie. Not a mixed cast movie, a DS9 movie. Sure they can throw Riker in for a few sceens or Geordi. But it's time now to start a new line of movie.

Data fires phaser at weapon, boom. Looked like he died to me! True, he "could" be brought back, but for all intents and purposes he's dead for now. Most of the ship was vaporised, so I doubt his head survived. We've seen many times that Data can sustain critical damage. Yes, they brought back Spock. Bringing back Data in the movies would be like recycling that story though... If they did a DS9 movie, I'd deffinately go see it! :rolleyes:

GO VBG!!! I like your way of thinking here!!!

As everyone could guess, I voted yes I want to see another TNG movie. And if anyone would like to know ahead of time...no, I would not see a DS9, ENT or VOY movie, mainy because I just don't enjoy watching those shows very much. TNG has always been the most enjoyable series for me to watch, TOS in reruns is second.

Data fires phaser at weapon, boom. Looked like he died to me! True, he "could" be brought back, but for all intents and purposes he's dead for now. Most of the ship was vaporised, so I doubt his head survived. We've seen many times that Data can sustain critical damage. Yes, they brought back Spock. Bringing back Data in the movies would be like recycling that story though... If they did a DS9 movie, I'd deffinately go see it! :rolleyes:

Did the Romulans beam him off at the last second? Did we see Data destroyed? Were any of his components recovered? Remember all those Romulan cyberneticists that would "love to be that close" to data?

Two things I've learned in Sci-Fi, nothing is impossible and don't assume anything.

It's not impossible for Data's head or body to have survived, look at the components from the Columbia that survived burnning up on reentry in real life. It's also possible for the Romulans to have whisked him away at the last second in hopes of studying him. So don't assume he's dead just because the movie left us believing he is.

Did the Romulans beam him off at the last second? Did we see Data destroyed? Were any of his components recovered? Remember all those Romulan cyberneticists that would "love to be that close" to data?

Two things I've learned in Sci-Fi, nothing is impossible and don't assume anything.

It's not impossible for Data's head or body to have survived, look at the components from the Columbia that survived burnning up on reentry in real life. It's also possible for the Romulans to have whisked him away at the last second in hopes of studying him. So don't assume he's dead just because the movie left us believing he is.

Agreed. Thats the good thing about sci-fi, if you have the imagination to dream it then it could happen.

I voted yes also.

I think they should do another movie.

After that they(Paramount) should release a movie centered around DS9 and a few of the main characters from TNG. :cool:

Yes, Data may have beamed out... however, there's no way he could'a survived the explossion. The Collumbia burned up upon uncontrolled re-entry. The Schimitar exploded into a ball of fire, with very little left. Data was standing right infront of the source of the explossion. Somehow, I don't think he could'a survived.

I voted yes, but not as the main cast of the movie. They definatly should have a major impact on the plot, but I think it's time for either DS9 or VOY to be in the spotlight.

Comment on bringing back Data: The reason the producers killed him off was because Brent was aging, and getting visibly older. Data isn't supposed to get older.

On new movie: I compleatly agree. :rolleyes:

I voted yes. I really want Patrick back. I heard that he does not want to come back because of Nemesis failed.I also heard that Patrick said If Nemesis did not failed,he was going to be on the next Star Trek movie, I don't know if this is true.Just to let you know

Comment on bringing back Data: The reason the producers killed him off was because Brent was aging, and getting visibly older. Data isn't supposed to get older.

On new movie: I compleatly agree. :lol:

Ah, but if you brought him back as a hologram then it would be OK for Data to appear older. You could say it was part of the program.

Ah, but if you brought him back as a hologram then it would be OK for Data to appear older. You could say it was part of the program.

True, but, it wouldn't be Data, not really. And I'm not too sure how it would work in the plot. JMO.

True, but, it wouldn't be Data, not really. And I'm not too sure how it would work in the plot. JMO.

I have suggested a way it could be done in my topic to which I have provided a link below.

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?act=...t=ST&f=8&t=2542

My idea would not actually involve the character Data, but a being that the crew mistakenly think is Data.