Sign in to follow this  
Lollypop

What are your likes, & dislikes about your Country

Dislikes...corporate greed, "golden handshakes", or for that matter any form of greed.

Dogooders...poking their noses in where they are not wanted.

The lack of consideration for the environment.

Likes...There is only 4 million people here.

The diversity of the scenery.

What's wrong with dogooders?

Just recently the police have just started confiscating cars belonging to hoons. (The hoons) pour diesel on the roads and do wheelies and race about with screeching brakes, and annoy everyone that lives in the area. The do-gooders say it's illegal to impound cars from the teenage hoons, and it should be stopped. They are now taking the police to court. :laugh:

Just recently the police have just started confiscating cars belonging to hoons. (The hoons) pour diesel on the roads and do wheelies and race about with screeching brakes, and annoy everyone that lives in the area. The do-gooders say it's illegal to impound cars from the teenage hoons, and it should be stopped. They are now taking the police to court. :rolleyes:

Totally agree with you on the dogooders lollypop. An old guy over here got put in prison for shooting and killing a young burgler who broke into his farmhouse. It was very high profile, in all the papers. Anyway he's served his time and he get's out in July, but listen to this..... The dead burglers accomplice in robbing this guy has been given the go ahead by the high court to sue him for stress brought about by publicity etc etc, apparantly it's ruined his love life or something. Talk about the lunatics taking over the asylum!!!

I also don't like how our PM is going to drag us into the EU kicking and screaming, whether we like it or not.

How we've become a soft touch for all the bogus asylum seekers on the planet, and being bled dry when my daughter can't have a decent education, my mother had to sit on a hospital trolley for 6 hours waiting for a bed....i could go on and on.

Well that's enough moaning from me...what do i like about my country?

Car boot sales, pounds and ounces, graham norton who is so funny, driving on the left, proud of the heritage of good ole monty python,

and the good old british stiff upper lip.....which you really need to be able to stomach living here lol

About the only thing I don't like about this country is the Goverment,I just don't trust them, especially George Bush.I look forward to him leaving the White House.

Just recently the police have just started confiscating cars belonging to hoons. (The hoons) pour diesel on the roads and do wheelies and race about with screeching brakes, and annoy everyone that lives in the area. The do-gooders say it's illegal to impound cars from the teenage hoons, and it should be stopped. They are now taking the police to court. :rolleyes:

Totally agree with you on the dogooders lollypop. An old guy over here got put in prison for shooting and killing a young burgler who broke into his farmhouse. It was very high profile, in all the papers. Anyway he's served his time and he get's out in July, but listen to this..... The dead burglers accomplice in robbing this guy has been given the go ahead by the high court to sue him for stress brought about by publicity etc etc, apparantly it's ruined his love life or something. Talk about the lunatics taking over the asylum!!!

I also don't like how our PM is going to drag us into the EU kicking and screaming, whether we like it or not.

How we've become a soft touch for all the bogus asylum seekers on the planet, and being bled dry when my daughter can't have a decent education, my mother had to sit on a hospital trolley for 6 hours waiting for a bed....i could go on and on.

Well that's enough moaning from me...what do i like about my country?

Car boot sales, pounds and ounces, graham norton who is so funny, driving on the left, proud of the heritage of good ole monty python,

and the good old british stiff upper lip.....which you really need to be able to stomach living here lol

I know where you are coming from, that's why I got out. But the law's an *buttocks* over here as well. If someone breaks into you home and injures himself while doing it, he can then go ahead and sue you for damages :ph34r:

About the only thing I don't like about this country is the Goverment,I just don't trust them, especially George Bush.I look forward to him leaving the White House.

And I whole-heartedly agree!!

I'm Canadian. I love my country and am very proud to be Canadian. I can't think of anything that I "hate" about my country but I'm certainly not saying we are perfect. I won't list all of the things I love about my country cause the list would be way too long for the boards (I even love our weather!).

canadab.gif

I'm Canadian.  I love my country and am very proud to be Canadian.  I can't think of anything that I "hate" about my country but I'm certainly not saying we are perfect.  I won't list all of the things I love about my country cause the list would be way too long for the boards (I even love our weather!).

canadab.gif

ditto!! :lol:

I'm Canadian.  I love my country and am very proud to be Canadian.  I can't think of anything that I "hate" about my country but I'm certainly not saying we are perfect.  I won't list all of the things I love about my country cause the list would be way too long for the boards (I even love our weather!).

canadab.gif

ditto!! :lol:

I completley agree! I love my country of Canada and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I even just finished having a 30 minute long agrument of why I love Canada so much with my friend. He seems to think that governments suck in general. I wasted him in the argument. I know so much about governments and the way Canada's government and mixed-economy work, that he couldn't win. I love my country. I love Canada. I hate nothing, but like Takara said, we are not perfect.