Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

#1 Beyond The Farthest Star

What rating would you give "Beyond The Farthest Star"?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Beyond The Farthest Star"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

#1 Beyond The Farthest Star

Written by: Samuel A. Peeples

Directed by: Hal Sutherland

Airdate: Sept. 8, 1973

Stardate: 5221.3

Review Pending...

Characters:

Captain Kirk William Shatner

Mr. Spock Leonard Nimoy

Dr. McCoy DeForest Kelley

Scotty James Doohan

Lieutenent Sulu George Takei

Lieutenent Uhura Nichelle Nichols

Guest Characters:

Transporter Chief Kyle James Doohan

Pod Ship James Doohan

Malignant alien James Doohan

The Enterprise discovers a ship that contains an imprisoned alien that tries to take over the ship and kill those who would try to stop it.

For a pilot episode, it was pretty good. It does drag a little. I don't know if we are supposed to feel sad for the alien when he gets left behind, but how can you feel sorry for someone who tried to take over the ship and threatened to kill everyone? The animation isn't up to today's standards, but the story is still as new as any othe Trek series' episode. This isn't the worst episode, it is just okay. All of these episodes are still recommended for Trek fans, especially if you have never seen them. Worth a watch!

I gave it a 3. It's very different, and so, I tried to judge it upon its own merits. The animation is acceptable. It reminds me a little bit of the animation for the movie "Yellow Submarine." Because it's a half hour, it's a little rushed for plot and explanation, and it definitely showed...no explanation of how they rigged up the ship to repel the alien...the only thing I can figure is that a life support put on main computer would envelop the entire ship...a bit corny and a stretch. Otherwise, interesting. I agree that it's difficult to feel sorry for a being that gave out an evil laugh when it first took control of the ship. So yeah, a 3.

I gave it a 3.

Alien entity takes over the Enterpise, not all that fresh. I suppose Next Gen did it too only a decade and a half after this episode.

Next Gen's were even less fresh.

In the end the entity was imprisoned alone on a moon or planet like Armus in Skin on Evil, or the 'God' being from Star Trek 5 was. And again this episode was long before either.

Perhaps I was bit harsh with my 3.

Sign in to follow this