Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Star Trek: Insurrection

What rating would you give to Star Trek: "Insurrection"?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give to Star Trek: "Insurrection"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

PRODUCTION NUMBER: 009

ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE: 12.11.1998

Technologies:

holoship

cloaking device

radiation collector

Character:

Admiral Dougherty

Ahdar Ru'afo

Anij

Data

Jean-Luc Picard

This was one of the worst Trek movies ever. It ranks right down there with Trek V.

I thought the film was pretty good, a lighthearted Trek as compared to its preceeding movie FC. Some of the jokes were a little sophomoric, but still when the whole Fountain of youth aspect is brought in, you can kind of let it slide a little. Since at least many of the characters were essentially reviving their younger selves.

It was pretty good. I didnt like how data got "calmed" down from singing a song,and i didn't like how it seemed like an episode, but other then that it was a good movie! I give it a 4

For a while Star Trek IX was my favorite. At the time, I hadn't seen all the original six. I saw 4, and my father took me to see 6 in the theater, but I only remembered the ending. Now that I've seen them all, I like them all but the first one.

Data was snapped out of his logic loop or whatever it was by being reminded of something recently, from when he was acting normal. This may not make sense if you think about it too long, but what in ST does? Transporters? Holodecks? The invisible suits at the beginning? More often than not, they just wing it hoping that the viewers who don't understand the technobabble just have faith that the characters who sound like they know what they're talking about, actually do. But that's the nature of sci-fi. The more sense it makes, the more boring it tends to be.

I just liked the whole theme of the movie. It's like the trail of tears scene all over again, where the early Americans drove the natives from their land. It's a little unlike Picard to start a rebellion of sorts, but then they were all feeling a little feisty from the nebula.

Come on, you have to admit the starship action scenes rocked. Riker flying the ship with a joystick ("Computer! Manual controls!") and the Ent.-E flying alongside that array.

"Insurrection" just had a lot of elements from the series that I liked. I still like it more than Generations and First Contact. (Sue me. :( ) I've only seen Nemesis twice, so it's not fair to compare them. I've seen Insurrection over a dozen times, Generations about 6-7 times, and First Contact 3-5 times. (I used to be a lot more into Trek than I am now, but I'm getting back into it.)

Not all that good. I own it, but only because it was an impulse buy! Evil Data was the only good thing.

I think this movie is totally underrated, because it came after FC, any movie to follow that would be hard to top, I think its a good movie, and I like the whole moral issue in it, finally showed you in a movie that the Federation isnt perfect

This movie goes back to the feel of TNG when it was on TV which I like.

The things I don't like are how they bring Worf into the story. I personally think there should have been more of a story to that.

The major thing that annoys me is the manual control that Riker does towards the end of the movie. That part is just so plain stupid it is disturbing.

4. The premise of the whole situation is a bit silly. I mean, surely the Ba'ku would have been willing to share, as passive as they were, even if only for a little while. Manual control was a little bit stupid, but it looked cool. Other than that, really good move. Lotsa action and humor. Fun stuff.

Sign in to follow this