Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Star Trek Generations

What rating would you give "Star Trek Generations"?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Star Trek Generations"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

PRODUCTION NUMBER: 007

ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE: 11.18.1994

STARDATE: 48650.1

Technology:

deflectors

transporter

array

torpedoes

Visor

Alien:

Borg

El-Aurians

Klingons

Romulans

Ship:

Enterprise-B, U.S.S.

Enterprise-D, U.S.S.

Farragut, U.S.S. (NCC-60591)

Klingon bird-of-prey

Character:

Data

Deanna Troi

Dr. Noonien Soong

Dr. Tolian Soran

Geordi La Forge

Guinan

James T. Kirk

Jean-Luc Picard

Montgomery Scott

Pavel Chekov

Worf

I voted this one a four, just like INS and NEM. A rating of five is reserved for FC.

I thought that this film was good, though like many have discussed/debated here.. It may have made for a better 2 part episode rather than a movie. Still was pretty good for a first time silver screen outing for the TNG cast, and a swan song for at least a couple members of the TOS cast.

I thought it was a pretty good movie. It, like all movies, could have been better, but they did a pretty good job of it. I especially liked the rift/ barrier[sorry, i cant remember cause i havent seen it for a while]. I think it did a great job of bringing in some of the old cast, and the new cast. I give it a 4

This is a great first movie for the TNG crew. It had a great insane villain, and Data was hilarious!

2, when you heard the 2 Captains were gonnna meet, you picture the 2 Enterprises together, not them Cooking Eggs, ugh, worst Star trek Movie IMO

I really enjoyed this movie. The only thing I didn't like was the boring, empty death they gave Captain Kirk. Totally unneccessary.

I gave it a 4. I honestly didn't think Kirk's death was meaningless. His last act before dying was to expose the weapon. He went down fighting. I also loved the Holodeck scene. Spiner does a great job, though it got just a hair overplayed (though I love how he gets to swear) Just wish more of the other originals could be in besides Koenig, Doohan, and Shatner. A good movie. Really.

I can't watch it without wondering how a complete waste like Captain Harriman ever get on the bridge of the Enterprise, much less the center seat. Surely to God after the debacle with the Nexus he was courtmartialed and keelhauled.....

I voted average. Not bad, but not the greatest either.

Loved the main villain, loved most of the performances by the TNG regulars. Didn't mind seeing the Duras sisters again. But Kirk's death was totally meaningless, as has been pointed out. And the story itself should have been fleshed out just a little more.

I loved this movie! My favorite part was when the Enterprise-D was destroyed. That was amzing on big screen. This one is up there with First Contact and Star Trek IV.

I liked it.

The TNG actors looked a little stiff at times (not unlike the TOS actors in TMP), but it was enjoyable.

The start of the TNG movies started to do whet the series never dared and that was good. Placing side consoles on the bridge was agreat idea. The bridge of the Enterprise D lacked a certain "business" for being the central control of the ship. The darker lighting was much better too as it gave a more realistic feel tot he ship that was missing from the brightly over lit tv episodes. I liked, in particular, the Captain's ready room bathed in light from the Armagosa star. And Ten Forward being all busy with chatter in the back ground and sunlight streaming through the windows.

Of course, First Contact when one further and gave us a whole new ship and uniforms and banned the little kiddies running about (remember TNG series one! they were EVERYWHERE, Grrr)

Data's emotion chip was the logical development of his haracter and tranformed him into a right royal a hole overnight. So annoying - I felt Geordi's pain. Geordi's eye implants in subsequent filmsThe Duras sisters appeared again - rough Klingons as the villans, how original! Soran was saved by Malcolm McDowell. Again, though, that British accent - how original!

The crash land of the Enterprise D rivalled the destruction of the original ship in Film 3:Search. This, again, was therefore nothing new.

The TOS characters seemed a bit distracted and a bit weak really - like having Shaggy from Scooby Doo turn up with Daphne and Fred.

It worked ok, made money and secured teh future of te movie franchise. Now had they stuck to the rules in First Contact, we may have expected more (Planet of Eternal Life with mystic mumbo jumbo and then Mini-Me in charge of the Romluans, sorry Remans, sorry - what???)

Hmmmm...

The start of the TNG movies started to do whet the series never dared and that was good. Placing side consoles on the bridge was agreat idea. The bridge of the Enterprise D lacked a certain "business" for being the central control of the ship.

You said it. The D bridge wasn't the command and control nerve center of a starship, it was a living room. You half expected there to be a fireplace in the corner.

It wasn't my favorite movie, but it was good. I like that they decided to make a movie that linked the two series in a way. The story wasn't too bad either, I always like when they include Guinan in on the plot, even if only for a small role. Too bad ole Jim took the dirt nap at the end.

Sign in to follow this