Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

What rating would you give ST III: "The Search for Spock"?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give ST III: "The Search for Spock"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

PRODUCTION NUMBER: 003

ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE: 06.01.1984

STARDATE: 8210.3

Technology:

Genesis Device

Place:

Earth

Vulcan

Alien:

Klingons

Vulcans

Ship:

Enterprise, U.S.S.

Excelsior, U.S.S.

Grissom, U.S.S. (NCC-638)

Klingon bird-of-prey

Character:

Commander Kruge

Dr. David Marcus

Hikaru Sulu

James T. Kirk

Leonard H. McCoy

Montgomery Scott

Pavel Chekov

Saavik

Sarek

Spock

Uhura

It didn't have Kirstie Alley, but I liked the fight over the lava. It just needed some lightsabers.

I said Average, i thought the Special effects were rather poor,and now whenever i watch it, im looking for Micheal J fox and a Delorean

4. I thought this was as good as Wrath Of Khan. Really! I like how Spock was brought back to life, the whole plot to steal Enterprise, how they ended up in a Klingon ship, etc. The only issue was how did Uhura get to Vulcan after aiding the gang? I mean, obviously Sarek brought her, but incredible that she'd get away after doing that. And yeah, I missed Kristie Alley as Saavik. If I were the young Spock, I'd rather have Alley-Saavik help me in my time of Pon Farr.

I agree completely, YBHYR. This film never seems to get the respect it deserves. I thought this was a great movie and I thought that Christopher Lloyd played a great Klingon! I also agree about the Kirstie Alley thing... :yahoo: At least as far as how she looked back then, not the walking McDonalds she turned into... :)

I agree completely, YBHYR. This film never seems to get the respect it deserves. I thought this was a great movie and I thought that Christopher Lloyd played a great Klingon! I also agree about the Kirstie Alley thing... :) At least as far as how she looked back then, not the walking McDonalds she turned into... :)

When Alley was in TWOK, and on "Cheers", she was very hot.

The years have been very unkind to her. :)

But, if I were going through Pon Farr, I would want T'Pol helping me get through it. :yahoo:

Edited by Gummy

It's good, once I got past Christopher Lloyd as a Klingon. It's not that I'm type casting him as Doc Brown or his character from Taxi, but he just kind of looks goofy as a Klingon. A brilliant actor, but doesn't look that threatening to me, at least not enough for the lead Klingon. Kirk does a brilliant job with his grief over his son David, probably the best scene in the movie that helps carry his anger towards Klingons all the way to the end of the sixth film.

I read that when the Enterprise was destroyed, Harve Bennett and all that crowd, who were then in control o the franchise, has intended to just do away with the Enterprise and have the whole crew beam onto the Excelsior for the future movies. To sorta bring it a bit more up to date.

The greatest weakness in the movie was the fact that it was all filmed indoors with rubber plants and so forth. The Genesis planet never looked real enough and I never got the whole walking through different regions thing so quickly.

Star Trek always looked at a planet as being a mile by a mile squared. Enterprise did a good job at showing that a planet was a planet and that the ctrew were only beaming down to like one village in a region in the Northern hemisphere of a continent ON THE WHOLE PLANET rather than just beaming into a small forest or encampment and calling it The Planet...

That is like an alien beaming into your home-town, leaving and saying that it has visitied Earth and has categorised the whole planet according to that one town!

I Give it a 5.

and for me was Bittersweet seeing the Destruction of The Enterprise

but Delighted again at the end of ST:IV Seeing the next and Final Constitution Class Of Enterprise in the SpaceDock with all 7 Crew Members.

:) :P;)

Sign in to follow this