Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

What Rating would you give ST: "The Motion Picture"?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What Rating would you give ST: "The Motion Picture"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

I voted 'it's good'. Let's leave the phasers on stun only, shall we? LOL...Look, ask ten ST fans the same question about anything, how many answers will you get? Is TMP that different? YES, by reputation in general, it's ranked among the lowest in popularity. Everyone knows that. But,I lean to the side of those who voted 'good', because, for me, it DID have its merits.I loved seeing, with Jim, the new Enterprsie. L like, still do, the KLingon battle scene-unfortunately, the pinnacle really of action in the picture-yes, a ST film needs, in each one, to me at least a certain level, and, staring at the awesomeness of V'Ger as so many have noted went on too long. Was it still impressive to me?Yes. I'll tell you all one thing that most certainly was:the music. Jerry Goldsmith was, is a modern cinematic musical craftsman, right up there with John Williams. He gave us Voyage rfans our sweeping theme, and thte now-iconic and 'borrowed for TNG' main theme. I played that cassete of TMP over and over all these years. And, for its time, the effects were good. Compared to today's standards, yes, it shows, but, it worked for me then. Spock had some very important evolutions to go through in this one, and of course, the moments between he, Kirk, and Bones are fond memories to me. ST:TMP may not be a hit-one-out-of-the-park..BUT THE BALLGAME MAY NEVER HAVE STARTED AT ALL WITHOUT IT....

Edited by Voyager recruit

I voted 'it's good'. Let's leave the phasers on stun only, shall we? LOL...Look, ask ten ST fans the same question about anything, how many answers will you get? Is TMP that different? YES, by reputation in general, it's ranked among the lowest in popularity. Everyone knows that. But,I lean to the side of those who voted 'good', because, for me, it DID have its merits.I loved seeing, with Jim, the new Enterprsie. L like, still do, the KLingon battle scene-unfortunately, the pinnacle really of action in the picture-yes, a ST film needs, in each one, to me at least a certain level, and, staring at the awesomeness of V'Ger as so many have noted went on too long. Was it still impressive to me?Yes. I'll tell you all one thing that most certainly was:the music. Jerry Goldsmith was, is a modern cinematic musical craftsman, right up there with John Williams. He gave us Voyage rfans our sweeping theme, and thte now-iconic and 'borrowed for TNG' main theme. I played that cassete of TMP over and over all these years. And, for its time, the effects were good. Compared to today's standards, yes, it shows, but, it worked for me then. Spock had some very important evolutions to go through in this one, and of course, the moments between he, Kirk, and Bones are fond memories to me. ST:TMP may not be a hit-one-out-of-the-park..BUT THE BALLGAME MAY NEVER HAVE STARTED AT ALL WITHOUT IT....

Andy Warhol probably did some fingerpainting when he was 5. Without it he may never have become an artist. It doesn't mean his fingerpainting was any good.

Now I want dessert.

... off a young Grace Lee Whitney ... :clap:

Hard to believe she is around 80 now

Well, wouldn't be eating a Vienetta off that! Though the wrinkles might grip the ripples, stop it sliding off. Do you think Kirk is going to have his dessert off her in this scene?

post-120-1282502997.jpg

Sign in to follow this