Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Pathfinder

What rating would you give "Pathfinder"?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Pathfinder"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 230

Season: 6 Episode: 10

DVD Disc: 3

Air Date: 12.01.1999

Stardate: Unknown

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

Dwight Schultz as Reginald Barclay

Richard Herd as Admiral Paris

Richard McGonagle as Commander Pete Harkins

Victor Bevine as Security Guard

Mark Daniel Cade as Technician

Creative Staff:

Director: Mike Vejar

Teleplay By: David Zabel and Kenneth Biller

Story By: David Zabel

Related Items:

None

This is a good episode, for many of the same reasons 4x23 "Living Witness" was good. And that's considering I dislike Barclay's character, particularly in this episode. Barclay was a very common guest but not quite regular on Star Trek: TNG; he worked in Engineering with Geordi in some episodes. Enterprise days in the past, he's now working for Starfleet's research center, deemed a little crazy, and is completely obsessed with Voyager. He has an idea to make a micro-wormhole to the Delta Quadrant to pipe a transmission through, but Starfleet, including Admiral Paris, are skeptical and refuse to even try.

Happy Episode. Barclay is in it, and unfortunately Deanna is too. Well to make the story short, Barclay is a hero to both Starfleet and the Voyager crew when he makes contact with them after his theory to do so is shot down (by Starfleet). Now Voyager has some new information on how to contact Earth and some new hope.

Edited by sea trooper

5. And I think the fact that Barclay is in it had a lot to do with it. He plays the skittish character so well, and the contrast with his holodeck life. It was a little like watching a TNG episode, which surprisingly didn't hurt it that much. I enjoyed seeing Troi in it too. I think she drew out the exposition a little too much, but this was a necessary episode as well because of the micro-wormhole, and it was reasonably well-done.

Sign in to follow this