Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Barge of the Dead

What rating would you give "Barge of the Dead"?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Barge of the Dead"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 223

Season: 6 Episode: 3

DVD Disc: 1

Air Date: 10.06.1999

Stardate: Unknown

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

Eric Pierpoint as Kotar

Sherman Augustus as Hij'Qa

Karen Austin as Miral

John Kenton Shull as Brok'Tan

Creative Staff:

Director: Mike Vejar

Teleplay By: Bryan Fuller

Story By: Ronald D. Moore & Bryan Fuller

Related Items:

None

This episode apologizes to the old-skool Trekkies for not having enough Klingons in Voyager. Torres is almost killed on an away mission, and starts having strange appearances. She has a near-death experience, briefly seeing the barge of the dead, which the Klingons believe carries dishonored warriors to the Klingon Hell. This doesn't meet ALL the criteria for being a "Klingon episode" per se, but it's the closest thing Voyager has so far.

A Klingon episode, meaning it has mainly to do with our favorite resident Klingon, B'Elanna. A near-death experience takes B'Elanna's subconscious to the Barge of the Dead, the ship that takes dishonored Klingons to Grethnor (Klingon Hell) where she sees her mother. Because B'Elanna was a bad Klingon, her mother is eternally damned, so now it is up to her to save her mother's soul and send it to Sto'Vo'Kor with the honored dead. Will B'Elanna save her mother's soul? Will she die for her mother's honor? Will sea trooper ever shut up? The answers... are yes, no, and no.

I gave this epi a 3...I loved the inclusion of the Klingons (and let's be real; the visuals of Gre'thor were frickin' INCREDIBLE), but I was really sick of watch B'Elanna whine about her Klingon heritage by this point...yet another character that the Voyager writers ruined as the show went on.

Pretty good ep. The redeeming point of this one is B'elanna's search for her mother. This ep illustrated that underneath it all, b'elanna still had some respect for her heritage. This one gets a 5.

It was an interesting episode, but doesn't it say that the Klingon religion is factually correct and all the others are not?

I didn't get that from the episode. You don't know from the episode if her mother is actually dead or if it was just a sprt of dream that she was having.

Sign in to follow this