Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Someone to Watch Over Me

What rating would you give "Someone to Watch Over Me"?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Someone to Watch Over Me"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 216

Season: 5 Episode: 22

DVD Disc: 6

Air Date: 04.28.1999

Stardate: 52647

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

Scott Thompson as Tomin

Ian Ambercrombie as Abbot

David Burke as Regular Guy

Brian McNamara as Jack Lansing

Creative Staff:

Director: Robert Duncan McNeill

Teleplay By: Michael Taylor and Kenneth Biller

Story By: Brannon Braga

Related Items:

None

This was a little sub-par in my opinion. It's one of those episodes that's based on just the crew, and a couple aliens thrown in for extras, but not really contributing much. It's pretty much just the Doctor teaching Seven how to date... pretty funny at parts, but overall flat.

Odd, possible error... in an older episode, Paris is working on a '69 Camero. At the beginning of this episode, he's talking to Torres about a '69 Mustang. An improvement IMHO, but I'm guessing this is a mistake. Unless he's really fond of the year, and "finished" the Camero "project" and started a new "Mustang project"... but I'm betting it's an oversight. :lol:

Aww. The Doctor loves Seven. It'll never work. If you ask me (who asked you?) they need to finally bring Janeway and Chakotay together. They started it years ago and left it hanging. They don't need all these new relationships popping up, especially with two more seasons left (but they don't know that!). Oh well. Nice episode.

3. The humor in it really brought it up, and I love Jeri Ryan's singing voice. The duet was cool. That said, the Doctor falling for her was a stretch, and it was cheesy to have him be the date. Makes it too much like an '80s teen movie. Especially when Paris pulls the "cocky-blonde guy" bit by blowing the cover on the bet.

A five from me...one of the few Seven epis that didn't make me want to cringe right off my chair.

Plus, I was all about some D7 action...another potential-filled storyline that the writers decided to piss on. :)

Loved the duet, a nice feel good ep. Robert Duncan McNeil directed and did a good job.

It got an average rating from me because i feel that as i said it was a feel good ep, with no real substance

Sign in to follow this