Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Gravity

What rating would you give "Gravity"?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Gravity"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 205

Season: 5 Episode: 13

DVD Disc: 4

Air Date: 02.03.1999

Stardate: 52438.9

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

Lori Petty as Noss

Joseph Ruskin as Vulcan Master

Leroy D. Brazile as Young Tuvok

Paul Eckstein as Yost

Creative Staff:

Director: Terry Windell

Teleplay By: Nick Sagan & Bryan Fuller

Story By: Jimmy Diggs and Bryan Fuller & Nick Sagan

Related Items:

None

Am I the only one who loves Noss's voice??? She sounds so cool! Plus we see more of Tuvok's past. It turns out he was a rebel, loving whoever he wanted and experiencing emotions! I actually liked him better that way. I think he and Noss could have gone places, but no, he has to be mister uber-Vulcan. Always right and always logical... Vulcans are such a frustrating species.

It gets a four from me...I loved the idea of Tuvok falling in love with someone, and telling them how he felt through a mind meld.

Plus Lori Petty rules... :)

the most interesting thing about this story was the background of Tuvok. It was really interesting to see that he wasn't always the logical Vulcan as he has been portrayed in every episode before this one. He is such a follower of rules now that it shows his mentor did a really good job at making him the proper Vulcan. Good episode, but that is the only memorable part and it is very memorable!

Am I the only one who loves Noss's voice??

Every time I think about Lori Petty (Noss),I think about how she was in the Pauly Shore movie "In the Army Now". That's what I thought of when I saw her in the episode. I always recognize her voice and short hair

armyc.jpg

This is another episode that I really enjoyed, a lot of character acting and not a lot of reliance on special effects (though some). Lori Petty does a good job as Noss, the movie I always think of is "A League of Their Own" though.

After finishing the episode I had to look up the Vulcan Master that teaches young Tuvok because his voice is so distinctive. He played Tumek in DS9's "The House of Quark" and "Looking For par'Mach In All The Wrong Places" and was Galt in the TOS episode "The Gamesters of Triskelion" as well as a Suiliban doctor in Enterprise (in Broken Bow).

So he played in TOS, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise. Shame he never had a role on TNG.

Yeah, even Russ had a role on TNG.

Oh yeah, don't forget his first science fiction role on Spaceballs. Probably more people saw that role than Voyager, although they probably don't know the actor.

You know the one I'm talking about, right? It's in the desert.

"We ain't found shit!"

Yeah, even Russ had a role on TNG.

Oh yeah, don't forget his first science fiction role on Spaceballs. Probably more people saw that role than Voyager, although they probably don't know the actor.

You know the one I'm talking about, right? It's in the desert.

"We ain't found shit!"

Was that him? I'll have to go back and re-watch it, I didn't realize it was him.

Sign in to follow this