Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Counterpoint

What rating would you give "Counterpoint"?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Counterpoint"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 204

Season: 5 Episode: 10

DVD Disc: 3

Air Date: 12.16.1998

Stardate: Unknown

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

Mark Harelik as Kashyk

Randy Oglesby as Kir

J. Patrick McCormack as Prax

Alexander Enberg as Vorik

Randy Lowell as Torat

Jake Sakson as Adar

Creative Staff:

Director: Les Landau

Written By: Michael Taylor

Related Items:

None

I didn't trust Kashyyyk for one second! Alright, maybe a few seconds but no more than that! And I know his name only has one "y"! Well I'm glad Janeway was smart enough not to trust him but to still have faith in him.

5. I kind of didn't care either way whether Keshyk could be trusted or not. Just kind of just let the episode take me where it was going, and I loved it. I liked how Janeway didn't flinch and had her story nailed down perfectly about Tuvok, Vorrik, and Judot's whereabouts, while telling the truth about Suder. A nice subtle inclusion of past happenings that didn't insist on itself. I enjoyed the spy vs. spy, or point-counterpoint, as the title suggests. Wonderful episode.

I gave it a three...the Devore as a species just got on my nerves. Plus, having never met any species from the Alpha Quadrant, how in the hell would the Devore know which species were telepaths and which weren't?

Oh yeah...and it's another 'Janeway gets a kiss, but doesn't seal the deal' episode...get Janeway some NOOKIE already, writers! You've denied her some Chakotay lovings for--what--five years now???

a good episode, but it needed to be a two parter. There was just way too much info for one episode and it felt like the start was more like the middle of the story. Out of nowhere, these people inspect the ships? I know that's the premise, but it would have been better with two episodes. Really good villains though.

4 stars! out of 5

Sign in to follow this